The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 27 February 2012, 03:21 PM   #1
pam312
"TRF" Member

Watch: .. G-Shock?
please help - delivery issue

Hi.

I sold one strap to one guy from Canada(BC) to USA(KS). I shipped it out to his mailing address via Canadapost next day after I received the payment. Unfortunately, he still didn't received the strap yet, and he asked me for refund if it didn't get delivered by tomorrow. (It will be 16 days - 12 business days- waiting)

I emailed him back that I will issue the refund after I received the strap that he will receive some time soon and send back to me.

According to USPS website, the strap is on its way (In Transit). But we couldn't assume that when the strap is going to get delivered.

The buyer thinks that I am greedy for only USD 170.00 and it is really irritating me right now.

Quite frankly, I think that there is no reason why I have to refund the fund to him tomorrow as I didn't receive the strap from him yet.

Is this correct?

How would you solve this problem?
pam312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2012, 04:11 PM   #2
broncophil
"TRF" Member

i ran across this with usps about a month ago. sold $800 worth of lenses to a guy in GUAM shipped from california, it should have taken 3-4 days.. it took 14.. with no update from USPS website at all other than it was accepted at the post office.

post office wasnt any help, they said wait 21 days..

so if i was you, i would just wait the 21 days and have them open up a case. and do not refund yet, it will cause confusion when he receives it..
broncophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2012, 04:12 PM   #3
hng
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sports Rolex
It depends on your deal with the buyer who resumes responsibility for shipment.
I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer than usual at times.
Old 27 February 2012, 04:59 PM   #4
pam312
"TRF" Member

I really hope that the strap is arrived tomorrow because I do not want to handle this impatient guy and keep receiving insulting and rude email..
Old 27 February 2012, 05:02 PM   #5
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

15 business days is not unusual from Canada to the US, depending on the shipping method!!
IE: Airmail express, or standard letter!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2012, 05:09 PM   #6
pam312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
15 business days is not unusual from Canada to the US, depending on the shipping method!!
IE: Airmail express, or standard letter!
It was shipped by registered mail (Letter) and arrived in LA airport on Feb 17, 2012.

I know it is not usual but I just can't refund the money because I do not trust him and the strap is still in transit!!

If it was lost in transit, I would do it.. but I can't just issue the refund from my point of view.
Old 27 February 2012, 05:11 PM   #7
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Then hold out and explain your stance on the matter....
I don't think you're being unreasonable at all!!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2012, 05:14 PM   #8
pam312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
Then hold out and explain your stance on the matter....
I don't think you're being unreasonable at all!!
Thanks for your support.

I sent email him regarding this issue with my point of view.. but he couldn't understand. He thought that I am trying to rip him off for only USD 170.00..... Speechless....

So, I ask you guys for this matter in public forum so that I could see what to do with it..
Old 27 February 2012, 10:29 PM   #9
bcacncnc
"TRF" Member

That sucks. I say this is a business transaction and you should stick to fair principles of business. Ie if you are not at fault then unless you are entirely unreasonable (which I think not) then both of you should defer to the party at fault, which appears to be the logistics arm for recourse and resolution. Good luck with it man and don't let this guy give you an unjustified hard time.
Grand Seiko
bcacncnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 01:12 AM   #10
mfer
"TRF" Member

USPS can be bad. When I started in the watch world, I bought a relatively cheap watch for $800. Took a week to be delivered within the CONUS. Also, it had tracking and it said the package was delivered to my door on a Wednesday. Well, the watch wasn't at my door. I called the seller of the watch and he explained to me how USPS is like this sometimes. Two days later, I had my watch delivered by USPS and I went to post office to explain what they had done/said. They didn't care at all. They just said "Well, you got your package, go away." Wonder why USPS is going under and downsizing.....

I would refer your buyer to this post to let him know he is being a bit unreasonable. Give it some more time before refund is issued.

I have no idea who pam312 is, so I have no skin in this game.

PS - Also what does the buyer say if you do refund the money and he still get's his strap days later???? (which is most likely what would happen). He going to pay to ship it back to you?
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 02:35 AM   #11
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam312 View Post
I really hope that the strap is arrived tomorrow because I do not want to handle this impatient guy and keep receiving insulting and rude email..
Your buyer is being totally unreasonable. I have shipped many straps to Canada from the CONUS and the delivery times are a crapshoot. I would say the average delivery time is 14 days and I have had some take over 30 days. I always warn buyers before they buy that shipments to Canada are unpredictable and usually take longer than normal.

Tell the buyer that the strap will arrive and to be patient. His harassing you will not accomplish a thing and he should blame the Canadian Post for the slow delivery.

I think the fact that you came here to ask advice shows that you are honest and are looking for a solution to appease the impatient (and unreasonable) buyer.

You should NOT refund him at this point.
Tommysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 02:43 AM   #12
MrJ320
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: @j.project
I would also say that in my experience in using Canada Post/USPS that the average time to ship a package from Canada (Toronto) to the US is usually around 2 weeks (unless expedited shipping is selected).
MrJ320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 02:47 AM   #13
mboverst
"TRF" Member

Agreed with the above, don't refund him. If the buyers want something in 'xx' days, then they should pony up for express shipping. Your delivery time is standard, and I've had stuff sent that was mailed regular 'Priority' and 'Registered' take 30+ days. You have no control over it, and a refund should not be initiated until past the post offices time frame (if they say wait 21 days, then wait 21 days).

I have stopped shipping lesser value items cross-border unless the buyer agrees to pickup the tab on FedEx Priority International due to a very similar incident you're having.
mboverst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 02:55 AM   #14
cali kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16613, 024
You've done your part, shipped the strap and gave him a tracking number! In no way would i send him any funds unless he wants to return the strap once it arrives, he can send it back to you at his expense and then you can put funds back into his PP acct once it arrives to you in the same condition it was when you sent it! Things get caught up in customs ( even with our brothers north of the border) and he cant take it out on you! Buyer needs to be patient and the strap will arrive. Sounds more like buyer remorse or maybe he found another strap at a cheaper price but none of that has anything to do with you! You've done everthing any good seller should do, when crossing borders things get caught up in the system. Dont cave in to his request unless the strap takes longer than a month and at that put a claim in first before paying back any funds!
Old 28 February 2012, 02:58 AM   #15
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

You should email him the tracking reference so he can see for himself.

Patience can be a virtue.

If he's being thoroughly unreasonably about it then send him a link to this thread.
Old 28 February 2012, 03:58 AM   #16
pam312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
PS - Also what does the buyer say if you do refund the money and he still get's his strap days later???? (which is most likely what would happen). He going to pay to ship it back to you?
He requested me that issuing the refund to him first and he will send me the strap when it comes.

This is non-sense and I don't know how many people actually would do it in his way.. at least not me.
Now, I don't care if he claim the dispute on paypal..
I rather do this way as I have all references and pictures of the parcel and address from email that were matched.
I am tired of reading unhappy email and wasting my time
Old 28 February 2012, 04:00 AM   #17
pam312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
You should email him the tracking reference so he can see for himself.

Patience can be a virtue.

If he's being thoroughly unreasonably about it then send him a link to this thread.
Hi.

he emailed me that the tracking number is not working. So I sent image capture his tracking number.. So he knows that it is in transit.
AND he is being still unreasonable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2 (1).jpg (48.2 KB, 203 views)
Old 28 February 2012, 04:03 AM   #18
pam312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali kid View Post
You've done your part, shipped the strap and gave him a tracking number! In no way would i send him any funds unless he wants to return the strap once it arrives, he can send it back to you at his expense and then you can put funds back into his PP acct once it arrives to you in the same condition it was when you sent it! Things get caught up in customs ( even with our brothers north of the border) and he cant take it out on you! Buyer needs to be patient and the strap will arrive. Sounds more like buyer remorse or maybe he found another strap at a cheaper price but none of that has anything to do with you! You've done everthing any good seller should do, when crossing borders things get caught up in the system. Dont cave in to his request unless the strap takes longer than a month and at that put a claim in first before paying back any funds!
100% agreed with you. It is arrived in LA on Feb, 17.. So I think USPS delivery problem. not customs..
Old 28 February 2012, 04:04 AM   #19
pam312
"TRF" Member

Thank you for support. I will give him this link when it is necessary.
Old 28 February 2012, 04:14 AM   #20
watchdaddy1
Banned

Watch: strap whore
I just sold a watchstand to a guy in Canada & it took 22 days total for it to arrive & I sent it Priority thru USPS. I say wait & see if it shows..I sent him a tracking # & it never showed delivered even when it was.USPS is falling to the wayside these days,I've experienced alot of problems w/ them the last year or so..
watchdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 05:48 AM   #21
timackerman
"TRF" Member

I've found with USPS and Canada Post you never really know how long it is going to take to get there (either to USA from Canada or the other way). I've seen times from 5 days to 30 days, you just need to explain to be patient.

I just sold a watch to someone in the US and sent it Express so it got there in about 6 days. I've found that is the way to go if you can.

I hate using Fedex and UPS since they always charge outrageous brokerage fees.
Old 28 February 2012, 07:32 AM   #22
jimisaint
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, PAM 50, IWC
I just got a strap from Hong Kong. It arrived in US, but stayed in customs for over a week. Not long considering. Perhaps it's still in customs. Ask him to call the mail service on his end.
jimisaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 08:08 AM   #23
pam312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimisaint View Post
I just got a strap from Hong Kong. It arrived in US, but stayed in customs for over a week. Not long considering. Perhaps it's still in customs. Ask him to call the mail service on his end.
I checked the tracking number and it is arrived at KS postal facility at 9:30am today. I think it is late for delivery and probably It will be delivered tomorrow for sure. I will see if he will be silent or asking for refund.
Old 28 February 2012, 08:18 AM   #24
Wisconsin Proud

And they wonder why some of us only sell CONUS.......
Wisconsin Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 12:05 PM   #25
MrJ320
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: @j.project
Quote:
Originally Posted by timackerman View Post
I've found with USPS and Canada Post you never really know how long it is going to take to get there (either to USA from Canada or the other way). I've seen times from 5 days to 30 days, you just need to explain to be patient.

I just sold a watch to someone in the US and sent it Express so it got there in about 6 days. I've found that is the way to go if you can.

I hate using Fedex and UPS since they always charge outrageous brokerage fees.
Yes, UPS' brokerage fee is absolutely ridiculous when shipping cross-border. I've paid $50 (not including taxes + duties) for a $100 item before, so I stay away from UPS for sure. They are great within the country though.

FedEX air I find is the best option, as it's $10 flat fee for brokerage. FedEx ground is not, so I would stay away from that as well.
MrJ320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 12:17 PM   #26
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
these things can at times take a while ..3 weeks or more. For several reasons.

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 12:41 PM   #27
p_mcgee
"TRF" Member

I bought a bezel insert from a Canadian seller in a small envelope and it got held up for around 10 business days. I think they get stalled when the handoff is done between Canada and US postal service, probably in customs.
p_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 01:56 PM   #28
todreamawatch
"TRF" Member

At customs for sure!
todreamawatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 02:10 PM   #29
Taetum2712
"TRF" Member

wow that sucks!! he's just being impatient. not ur fault that shipping takes this long. I would just let him dispute with paypal. Do Not Refund until you get the strap back!!

I'm in Canada and only lives 30 minutes from the border. So every time i buy something i get it sent there and pick it up myself. Most guys ship CONUS only and its next day no hassle!!
Taetum2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2012, 03:23 PM   #30
pam312
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taetum2712 View Post
wow that sucks!! he's just being impatient. not ur fault that shipping takes this long. I would just let him dispute with paypal. Do Not Refund until you get the strap back!!

I'm in Canada and only lives 30 minutes from the border. So every time i buy something i get it sent there and pick it up myself. Most guys ship CONUS only and its next day no hassle!!
Wow. Very nice.

The strap was attempted to deliver and notice has been left at door according the USPS website. I asked him to send me the package without open it.

He is pretty upset and It is not fault. He should Blame his lame personality.