The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 February 2012, 06:13 AM   #1
B27hawk
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Submariner
Fake or Real James Bond Movement Watch?

Hello All,
Your help is greatly appreciated! Recently a friend of mine purchased the below listed watch. The seller described the watch below (Ebay item# 250978375200):

"Great condition Solid 14K gold 6567 Automatic watch. WATCH IS ALL SOLID GOLD (NOT PLATED OR WRAPPED) 100% SOLID GOLD. Weight of watch head is about 39 grams obviously NOT scrap but thought you might want to know Watch is all original except strap. Movement is the COVETED 1030 (James Bond Watch Movement) running and keeping proper time Case is 14K solid gold Case Back 14K Solid gold. Dial is 100% original and sticks are 14K solid gold. hands are original Rolex and 14K Gold. Crown 14K genuine Rolex. Bezel is 14K SOLID Gold. The Dial is 100% Original. Watch is 36mm (including crown). This watch has NOT been altered in any way since the say it was sold a long time ago. Its well maintained and will be a great addition to any true ROLEX collector. There is a very light engraving in the back that I could easily polish out since its SO LIGHT. The person who engraved it made sure it was NOT deep. I am not polishing it due to losing gold. I think it says Mandalay. Maybe the hotel? Watch has been serviced and has a BRAND NEW ORIGINAL ROLEX CRYSTAL (NOT AFTERMARKET). Watch is running strong and will give a collector a rare and beautiful time piece. The strap is NOT a Rolex strap but its a nice LIZARD strap and it does have a Rolex Buckle."

When I was shown this watch in person I noticed that the buckle looked very "sloppy" compared to the normal Rolex quality that I have seen in the past. After further investigation I was able to determine that the buckle was actually gold plated and not gold as described. When the seller was contacted with this information he said that it was an original "Gold Plated" Rolex buckle. I was under the impression that Rolex never made anything "Gold Plated" as the seller stated. The case was 14k as described but not the buckle.
So my question is two fold:
1) Did Rolex ever make a "Gold Plated" buckle as the seller claims?

2) Does the rest of this watch look correct to you as far as being authentic Rolex and as he described?

I have also pasted some links of the pictures they provided:

Thanks!
B27hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2012, 12:07 PM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Yes Rolex made gold plated buckles the rest of the watch looks ok

Tags
bond , ebay , fake rolex