The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12 March 2020, 09:22 AM   #1621
33JS
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 50th Ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Flipping through the various news channels after work and there are Doctors giving conflicting and contradictory information and statements. And no I am not talking about people like Dr Drew or Dr Oz.

This whole thing is becoming who can fear monger and scare the most people. If you don’t think certain people are taking advantage of this for nefarious reasons you are mistaken.
I'm pretty sure you're in for a shock. This is shaping up to be very bad indeed.
Old 12 March 2020, 09:28 AM   #1622
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
I'm pretty sure you're in for a shock. This is shaping up to be very bad indeed.
I’m in for a shock because Doctors are contradicting each other? That makes no sense.

I am not going to let this make me afraid to go outside or go to work or about my day. Fear mongers and fear mongering is helpful to nobody.
Old 12 March 2020, 09:39 AM   #1623
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
China built two new corona virus hospitals in 12 days. Western countries cannot possibly achieve anything close to that.
When they started building those hospitals in short order, I was like uh oh..... Not good.

But it Did the trick. Chinese knew what they had to do.

The west cannot get it together enough to even have a consistent message, let alone build 2 specific hospitals in under 2weeks!
Old 12 March 2020, 09:40 AM   #1624
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Paul is correct on the seasonal flu. But I think this virus is estimated at more like 20 to 30 deaths per thousand, or 2-3%

It is likely much lower than that. That 2-3% figure is based on the number of confirmed cases vs deaths. We know exactly how many people have died from it but we don’t know how many people actually have it or have had it.
Old 12 March 2020, 09:42 AM   #1625
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
NBA is either delaying season or playing in front of no fans according to a report just posted.

Edit: Final decision on Thursday.
Old 12 March 2020, 09:43 AM   #1626
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
NBA is either delaying season or playing in front of no fans according to a report just posted.

I think the NCAA just said that they will be playing games without fans
Old 12 March 2020, 09:44 AM   #1627
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by c41006 View Post
It is likely much lower than that. That 2-3% figure is based on the number of confirmed cases vs deaths. We know exactly how many people have died from it but we don’t know how many people actually have it or have had it.
yes I agree, the true figure is lower. But it's hard to guess how many people got it, didn't seek treatment, and then recovered.
Old 12 March 2020, 09:48 AM   #1628
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c41006 View Post
I think the NCAA just said that they will be playing games without fans
My guess is the NHL, MLS and MLB decide to follow the NBA shortly. And yes, NCAA tournaments will be played with no fans present--all sports. They just announced the wrestling tournament (yes, I know--but we had the Final 4 Men's BB last year) slated for US Bank Stadium in MPLS will have no fans present. 3 day event, 25K were expected each day.
Old 12 March 2020, 09:51 AM   #1629
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
People are hoarding toilet paper for fear of being quarantined.
Costco has a bunch.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 12 March 2020, 10:00 AM   #1630
chris242
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
My guess is the NHL, MLS and MLB decide to follow the NBA shortly. And yes, NCAA tournaments will be played with no fans present--all sports. They just announced the wrestling tournament (yes, I know--but we had the Final 4 Men's BB last year) slated for US Bank Stadium in MPLS will have no fans present. 3 day event, 25K were expected each day.

The Golden State Warriors announced they won’t be allowing fans to attend home games until further notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12 March 2020, 10:14 AM   #1631
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris242 View Post
The Golden State Warriors announced they won’t be allowing fans to attend home games until further notice.

Thankfully this won't have much impact on the Knicks!
Old 12 March 2020, 11:13 AM   #1632
Flyinghunter
"TRF" Member

Wow - All travel from Europe to USA will be suspended for 30 days. I did not see that coming.
Old 12 March 2020, 11:16 AM   #1633
EndlessEight
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghunter View Post
Wow - All travel from Europe to USA will be suspended for 30 days. I did not see that coming.
If this was 1 week ago I wouldn’t have corona in my area.
Old 12 March 2020, 11:29 AM   #1634
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Tom Hanks and wife have it.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/tom-han...ie-1202880431/
Old 12 March 2020, 11:33 AM   #1635
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

More stories from Italy.

https://news.yahoo.com/its-not-just-...220203586.html

Seems to conflict with “the experts”....you know, the TV doctors and academics who have never seen a single Coronavirus patient in person.
Old 12 March 2020, 11:40 AM   #1636
chappuy1750
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: JLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Thankfully this won't have much impact on the Knicks!
LOL - thanks for the break in our regularly scheduled programming!
Old 12 March 2020, 11:40 AM   #1637
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinghunter View Post
We are living in incredible times.
Old 12 March 2020, 11:41 AM   #1638
EndlessEight
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Ok. NBA just cancelled the rest of the regular season.

This is getting scary here in the USA.
Old 12 March 2020, 12:09 PM   #1639
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Interesting graph and scary. What’s the vibe in Denver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tonight was the first time I have heard people worried in public. University of Colorado is closing classes. There is a potential localized outbreak in Aspen. Two kids at a Denver middle school reportedly positive. Our neighbors are almost all cancelling Spring Break travel next week for fear of not being able to get back home.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 12 March 2020, 12:11 PM   #1640
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
We are living in incredible times.
This sure is something.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 12 March 2020, 12:12 PM   #1641
linesiders
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
If this was 1 week ago I wouldn’t have corona in my area.
No, if they did this three - four weeks ago you might not have it in your area. A infected person can be non symptomatic for more than 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
Ok. NBA just cancelled the rest of the regular season.

This is getting scary here in the USA.
NBA has suspended play indefinitely, until further notice. Not cancelled the rest of the regular season.
Old 12 March 2020, 12:21 PM   #1642
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
The one thing about this chart is it presumes “all things being equal”. And they seldom are...

The flat line assumes officials don’t do anything to change the slope of the capacity.

Here is what usually happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great.

So where do we get the extra doctors and respirators??? Where do we get the extra icu units??? Where do we get the extra protective suits and masks for our doctors and nurses???

When your doctor gets sick, are you okay with him/her treating you??? Or do you think they should be quarantined along with every other doctor or nurse they may have worked with. Who is left???

Sorry to be so curt mate but you have no idea how scared medical professionals are right now. My wife‘s physicians group has spent WEEKS refining their contingency plans to make sure they can do the best as they can when this hits us here at the level it looks like it will.

There is a very real point where our ability to respond is maxed out. People who assume that we have an elastic supply of medical resources simply do not understand what we face.

Like I have said before, this is not something that will kill us all. But it is going to be EXTREMELY disruptive to our society and economy and we need to do everything we can to prevent this from becoming even worse.

The yellow line is the capacity increase like China created with their rapid response facility.

I’m not challenging the fact that the blue curve is what we should do - just saying any line in the sand can be moved with effort.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 12 March 2020, 12:21 PM   #1643
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
NBA has suspended play indefinitely, until further notice. Not cancelled the rest of the regular season.

I am sure they did as you said. My sense of it is they won’t get traction with the networks to resume broadcasts.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 12 March 2020, 12:23 PM   #1644
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Flipping through the various news channels after work and there are Doctors giving conflicting and contradictory information and statements. And no I am not talking about people like Dr Drew or Dr Oz.

This whole thing is becoming who can fear monger and scare the most people. If you don’t think certain people are taking advantage of this for nefarious reasons you are mistaken.
Would you not go to the hospital if you get sick then?

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 12 March 2020, 12:26 PM   #1645
cdmorenot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I tried to stay away from anything Corona related and I normally just let things play out. But this is really getting serious.

Stay safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 March 2020, 12:27 PM   #1646
linesiders
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I am sure they did as you said. My sense of it is they won’t get traction with the networks to resume broadcasts.

Possibly.
Old 12 March 2020, 12:32 PM   #1647
77T
2024 Pledge Member

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Great.

So where do we get the extra doctors and respirators??? Where do we get the extra icu units??? Where do we get the extra protective suits and masks for our doctors and nurses???

When your doctor gets sick, are you okay with him/her treating you??? Or do you think they should be quarantined along with every other doctor or nurse they may have worked with. Who is left???

Sorry to be so curt mate but you have no idea how scared medical professionals are right now. My wife‘s physicians group has spent WEEKS refining their contingency plans to make sure they can do the best as they can when this hits us here at the level it looks like it will.

There is a very real point where our ability to respond is maxed out. People who assume that we have an elastic supply of medical resources simply do not understand what we face.

Like I have said before, this is not something that will kill us all. But it is going to be EXTREMELY disruptive to our society and economy and we need to do everything we can to prevent this from becoming even worse.

The yellow line is the capacity increase like China created with their rapid response facility.

I’m not challenging the fact that the blue curve is what we should do - just saying any line in the sand can be moved with effort.

I don’t think you were curt, I think exasperation is clearly causing stress.

In our history, in any crisis, the really important decisions and actions had to be taken without all the information one would like.

Your questions are the ones that must be addressed if the red curve isn’t met (or nearly met) by innovative solutions.

But the answers won’t be known today - nor unless the effort to delay the community spread fails.

So the best path is the action you are reading tonight. Like NBA (and others who will do similarly) to avoid accelerating the red curve.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 12 March 2020, 12:34 PM   #1648
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?

We’ll keep the world posted and updated.

Take care of yourselves!”

– Tom Hanks

Old 12 March 2020, 12:35 PM   #1649
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Tonight was the first time I have heard people worried in public. University of Colorado is closing classes. There is a potential localized outbreak in Aspen. Two kids at a Denver middle school reportedly positive. Our neighbors are almost all cancelling Spring Break travel next week for fear of not being able to get back home.

Well I am supposed to go to Denver on Friday for spring break then work .....what to do what to do ...
Old 12 March 2020, 12:51 PM   #1650
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABOD View Post
Well I am supposed to go to Denver on Friday for spring break then work .....what to do what to do ...
Well, we have 33 confirmed case today (mostly Front Range) and a Governor who indicated today that he intends to get ahead of this as much as he can.

I will be going to the mountains next week for our spring break as well.
Because my wife is a critical care physician, we are already taking steps to avoid crowds as much as possible. We probably will not be going out much for dinners. We have our own place up there so we don’t have to worry too much about contamination. I honestly do not know if I will go to the ski resort. Too much skier’s snot flying around the lodges for my taste.

My brother flew in today from Houston and will be staying a few days in Estes Park and meeting us in Winter Park later. He is not concerned but then he did not bother evacuating for the last major hurricane that threatened Houston and probably won’t until he gets flooded out.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Closed Thread