The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 6 February 2023, 06:34 AM   #3121
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Re: Rolex. Yea I’ve seen asking prices creep up, but they’re still only moving at their previous sales price.

Royal oaks - they are falling with no tested bottom. It’s clear that there’s way more runway to go…

I believe in bubble symmetry. RO ends somewhere like $25k. Blue at $30k. That's MY thoughts about a bottom. I'd be a buyer at that price.
Old 6 February 2023, 06:48 AM   #3122
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I believe in bubble symmetry. RO ends somewhere like $25k. Blue at $30k. That's MY thoughts about a bottom. I'd be a buyer at that price.
I strongly believe prices will revert to their historical mean, which is pretty much the numbers you quoted. Think we’re saying the same thing!
Old 6 February 2023, 07:02 AM   #3123
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

I think they'll go even lower because AP pissed all of their loyal longtime customers off by doing things like not allowing purchase history outside of a boutique to transfer...

I know many hardcore collectors that moved on to smaller independents where they are treated well.
Old 6 February 2023, 07:30 AM   #3124
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghfCn23TRwk

Eric is probably my favorite YT watch guy. But I think he is being overly optimistic on this one. Lol the fact he spent all of 30 seconds on Royal Oaks shows you exactly where they are headed price wise.
He's my favourite as well, and the way he was going around AP was the most telling..

Sendt fra min SM-F711B med Tapatalk
Old 6 February 2023, 07:34 AM   #3125
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftneck View Post
He's my favourite as well, and the way he was going around AP was the most telling..

Sendt fra min SM-F711B med Tapatalk
And here’s the kicker - actions speak even louder than words. Try to sell a grey a run of the mill RO right now. Many won’t even entertain the offer. They will offer you below retail or consign so that they have no skin in the game. They’re avoiding them like the plague
Old 6 February 2023, 10:07 AM   #3126
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And here’s the kicker - actions speak even louder than words. Try to sell a grey a run of the mill RO right now. Many won’t even entertain the offer. They will offer you below retail or consign so that they have no skin in the game. They’re avoiding them like the plague
You really like repeating the same nonsense. It's unbelievable......zero basis for this claim. Do you even own a RO yourself?
Old 6 February 2023, 10:55 AM   #3127
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
You really like repeating the same nonsense. It's unbelievable......zero basis for this claim. Do you even own a RO yourself?
911 the grey dealer I visited in Bev Hills last week told me they stopped stocking run of the mill ROs and only taking them on consignment. Not saying this settles it but there are def dealers out there right now hesitant to touch them.

Anybody else notice all the hulks going up for sale on MODA right now?
Old 6 February 2023, 11:26 AM   #3128
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just a random question - if these pricing threads annoy you so much, why do you continually post in these threads and be antagonistic towards others?

I know there's always a different side of the coin and you do provide that, but recently your posts come off as rather aggressive, belligerent or rude. If you don't like this topic or what Vince is posting (be it MODA updates that may / may not be to your liking, his sentiments etc), may I kindly suggest you find a different thread that doesn't get your blood pressure up as much?
Old 6 February 2023, 12:27 PM   #3129
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol dude seek help. It’s an Internet forum. Are you that miserable that you come on this thread just to loathe? Deluded as well.

I have basis for this claim I’ve called multiple dealers and know friends who have done the same.

Be an asset to this forum and thread and post substantiated, thoughtful content or kick rocks
Old 6 February 2023, 08:49 PM   #3130
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Just a random question - if these pricing threads annoy you so much, why do you continually post in these threads and be antagonistic towards others?

I know there's always a different side of the coin and you do provide that, but recently your posts come off as rather aggressive, belligerent or rude. If you don't like this topic or what Vince is posting (be it MODA updates that may / may not be to your liking, his sentiments etc), may I kindly suggest you find a different thread that doesn't get your blood pressure up as much?
Maybe he bought lots of RO at the top of the market, and hates being reminded how much money he's lost
Old 6 February 2023, 09:12 PM   #3131
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Either way there was a LOT more whining and desperation on the way up on this forum.
Old 7 February 2023, 12:50 AM   #3132
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

Why do you keep coming back to this thread you have already labeled a “BS thread” previously?

Everyone here is entitled to express their opinion in a respectful and non aggressive manner.. this should be respected by all here.
Old 7 February 2023, 01:38 AM   #3133
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Guys - remain civil so this thread doesn't get shut down. It's an interesting topic and I'm thankful the mods are gracious enough to let it live.

Thanks.
Old 7 February 2023, 01:44 AM   #3134
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anybody else notice all the hulks going up for sale on MODA right now?
I noticed that yesterday as well.
Old 7 February 2023, 01:47 AM   #3135
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Guys - remain civil so this thread doesn't get shut down. It's an interesting topic and I'm thankful the mods are gracious enough to let it live.

Thanks.

+1

Well said - I feel exactly the same way towards the Mods for letting it continue in this section!
Old 7 February 2023, 04:57 AM   #3136
Vince M.
Banned

Watch: Meteorite
I don't have an RO or ROO but I do plan to buy one once the prices come down some more. :)
Old 7 February 2023, 05:02 AM   #3137
Laostuh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
I noticed that yesterday as well.
I feel like these prices are inflated. Asking prices are higher but none are being sold at those asking prices. A Hulk for almost $24k just because it has a new style card? LOL no way.. And then another recent post on Moda for a naked Hulk saying "Hulk prices are slowly creeping up" ... Please.
Old 7 February 2023, 05:05 AM   #3138
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Lol the moda community is so delusional
Old 7 February 2023, 05:06 AM   #3139
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laostuh View Post
I feel like these prices are inflated. Asking prices are higher but none are being sold at those asking prices. A Hulk for almost $24k just because it has a new style card? LOL no way.. And then another recent post on Moda for a naked Hulk saying "Hulk prices are slowly creeping up" ... Please.
This. A concerted effort to buoy prices but people aren’t biting. The comments are so delusional.

Did you see the one on the green 15510? Someone said ROs are gonna shoot up and like a half dozen people asked why. He said “dm me” loll
Old 7 February 2023, 05:18 AM   #3140
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This. A concerted effort to buoy prices but people aren’t biting. The comments are so delusional.

Did you see the one on the green 15510? Someone said ROs are gonna shoot up and like a half dozen people asked why. He said “dm me” loll
Haha Vince I just saw that -- would love to hear the big secret lol.
Old 7 February 2023, 05:19 AM   #3141
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post

Thanks.

This is totally right. It’s just a forum about the passion (affliction!) we all share. If it doesn’t bring joy or interest, it’s pretty easy to opt to not waste hundreds of hours a year on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 February 2023, 08:28 AM   #3142
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Talking about actions. Loupethis sold a 15500 black dial for $33k + 10% buyers premium this week. Same model sold on Moda with a $37k asking price today (i.e., basically the same, depending on final price). Green dial 15510 listed on Moda at $62k sold. Seems some people are buying, even if grey dealers don't take them as stock.

Loupethis is now auctioning a 15407ST. Going rate on Moda seems to be ~$120k, will be interesting to see where this auction ends.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
Old 7 February 2023, 08:42 AM   #3143
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Talking about actions. Loupethis sold a 15500 black dial for $33k + 10% buyers premium this week. Same model sold on Moda with a $37k asking price today (i.e., basically the same, depending on final price). Green dial 15510 listed on Moda at $62k sold. Seems some people are buying, even if grey dealers don't take them as stock.

Loupethis is now auctioning a 15407ST. Going rate on Moda seems to be ~$120k, will be interesting to see where this auction ends.
Actually, the $33k on LoupeThis is the all in price. Click on bid history and you’ll see that the 33k includes the 10% premium.
Old 7 February 2023, 11:50 AM   #3144
psm11
"TRF" Member

Lol selling frenzy on MODA right now with Hulks. In case you didn't hear -- "Hulk prices are going up..."

Lol based on?
Old 7 February 2023, 12:34 PM   #3145
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Lol selling frenzy on MODA right now with Hulks. In case you didn't hear -- "Hulk prices are going up..."

Lol based on?
“It’s happening”
Old 7 February 2023, 12:39 PM   #3146
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexatlast View Post
Maybe he bought lots of RO at the top of the market, and hates being reminded how much money he's lost
Again more delusional nonsense. Just for you to know all my APs were bought at retail from boutiques or ADs.

Quote:
Lol dude seek help. It’s an Internet forum. Are you that miserable that you come on this thread just to loathe? Deluded as well.

I have basis for this claim I’ve called multiple dealers and know friends who have done the same.

Be an asset to this forum and thread and post substantiated, thoughtful content or kick rocks
It is being an asset to give people correct info and not let you fill their heads with twisted delusions. One person doing that already got kicked out. You know how many members have PM'd me saying thank you? They don't post because they don't want to be accosted by you who they think is messaging from 3 different accounts. Luckily I don't really care....
Old 7 February 2023, 01:04 PM   #3147
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Again more delusional nonsense. Just for you to know all my APs were bought at retail from boutiques or ADs.

It is being an asset to give people correct info and not let you fill their heads with twisted delusions. One person doing that already got kicked out. You know how many members have PM'd me saying thank you? They don't post because they don't want to be accosted by you who they think is messaging from 3 different accounts. Luckily I don't really care....
Bold claims you’re making. Isn’t it weird that one of us gets their flowers in public and the other *claims to get them in private?

Btw, it seems like most people just refute what u say, calling this thread “BS” and the like. Most just quote you and either outright refute what you say, or simply disagree as a point of opinion.

If we’re thinking about the same person, that user was getting over emotional like you, and resorted to cussing people out lol.

Reported for you claiming that I’m using multiple accounts to harass folks. Tasteless and uncalled for.

My point stands - please be a positive contributor or kick rocks.
Old 7 February 2023, 02:12 PM   #3148
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
No disrespect 911Ap but the proof was shown in the last 6 or so months. Every week a famous you tuber or grey dealer was saying the market has stabilized or its the perfect time to buy. They have been proven wrong. All I can say is this I appreciate this thread if you feel it's false no problem. I will tell you this, and the long time watch collectors understand. Not many people will pull the trigger when you tell them their 30 thousand dollar watch is worth 14. We were there before and might be there again only time will tell. We bought watches because we love them not because it's hot and worth 50 percent more.
Old 7 February 2023, 02:25 PM   #3149
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Look guys, no point convincing each other who is right or wrong. 911AP can post his views and we can just decide to read and dismiss / ignore. It doesn't necessitate one of us proving him wrong. I agree with Vince and the majority on here but it does not bother me to read opposing view. Can we just agree leave both opinions on the board and focus on the market and dropping prices :)

This thread is really fun to follow and I enjoy it a lot. Thanks for the price updates and discussion, I find them really useful.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Old 7 February 2023, 04:40 PM   #3150
*M5
"TRF" Member

MODA watches.....

Just saw a post where the mods are discussing having plenty of issues with the watches being sold within 2-8 months after purchase and they are trying to alter the way business is being done.

All this to say that in my humble opinion, VERY few MODA watches are actually proper and honest watches and they don't and shouldn't reflect market price.

Please note, I am not a dealer, no skin in the game. Just someone observing from the sidelines and looking to purchase.
Closed Thread