The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 11 February 2023, 03:24 PM   #3241
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I assume you saw the one that sold on Moda almost instantly w/ $37.5k asking (missing box, booklets and 1 link, well-worn and running +50s/day...).
Yeah too rough shape for me.
Old 11 February 2023, 11:44 PM   #3242
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Are people still buying the Vacheron Overseas and other hyped up watches like the Girard Perregaux? Are people still waiting for their Overseas?

Seems like it all slowed down or I'm simply not reading about those anymore.
Old 12 February 2023, 12:30 AM   #3243
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Are people still buying the Vacheron Overseas and other hyped up watches like the Girard Perregaux? Are people still waiting for their Overseas?

Yes there's a wait at the boutique still. Really long for the blue dial variants.

I bought at retail before the hype, watched it soar with 6 months of hype and still wear it 3x a week. Way better watch than any steel Rolex sports variant.
Old 12 February 2023, 12:51 AM   #3244
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Yes there's a wait at the boutique still. Really long for the blue dial variants.

I bought at retail before the hype, watched it soar with 6 months of hype and still wear it 3x a week. Way better watch than any steel Rolex sports variant.
Yeah I realize that those lists will remain, but is it still actually being traded/sold on the grey market as it was 1 year ago?
Old 12 February 2023, 01:17 AM   #3245
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Quote:
Yeah I realize that those lists will remain, but is it still actually being traded/sold on the grey market as it was 1 year ago?

Oh hell no

All colors are basically MSRP with blue around 28-30k for time only.
Old 12 February 2023, 02:43 AM   #3246
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh hell no

All colors are basically MSRP with blue around 28-30k for time only.

even the blue 7900v was trading at retail+tax and only $1k premium for about a month unsold on moda. BNIB with new paperwork / updated packaging
Old 12 February 2023, 02:53 AM   #3247
Auric Goldfinger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
even the blue 7900v was trading at retail+tax and only $1k premium for about a month unsold on moda. BNIB with new paperwork / updated packaging
Goes to show there was never any genuine interest in the brand. Without question they make some great pieces, but they were always the underdog previously.

Things will eventually return to how they’ve historically been imo. DJs, YM, Explorers, Air-Kings, etc in the window. The popular GMTs, Subs, etc will take longer to reach that point or can be obtained with a shorter wait compared to the past four years.

Just glad some of these pieces are reaching end users now.
Old 12 February 2023, 03:09 AM   #3248
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric Goldfinger View Post
Goes to show there was never any genuine interest in the brand. Without question they make some great pieces, but they were always the underdog previously.

Things will eventually return to how they’ve historically been imo. DJs, YM, Explorers, Air-Kings, etc in the window. The popular GMTs, Subs, etc will take longer to reach that point or can be obtained with a shorter wait compared to the past four years.

I agree, I expect all those models, and TT/PM subs to be readily available by end of this year at the latest. ss sports probably still "waitlisted" but with relatively short wait or back to "bundle" deals probably
Old 12 February 2023, 03:35 AM   #3249
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Their Q3 '22 net income increased by 25% YoY. A bit of a stretch to include that in the sky-is-falling narrative.
Net income isn't a good gauge for the health of a company because it trails so hard based on other factors.

Even for our smaller private companies, net income trails topline results by ~2 - 4 quarters.
Old 12 February 2023, 04:38 AM   #3250
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Speaking of which… slider fullset blue dial overseas power reserve (sans papers) sold for 25.2k
Old 12 February 2023, 04:42 AM   #3251
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Speaking of which… slider fullset blue dial overseas power reserve (sans papers) sold for 25.2k

Is this a gen 2 overseas? That sounds like a high price for gen 2.

Nevermind, I looked it up. It's a dual time 7900V. Doesn't have power reserve (doesn't exist in the lineup). He didn't even know what it was but it sold in 38 minutes.
Old 12 February 2023, 04:45 AM   #3252
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is this a gen 2 overseas? That sounds like a high price for gen 2.
No idea. How can I tell?

Never seen these this low, particularly for a blue dial
Old 12 February 2023, 04:47 AM   #3253
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
No idea. How can I tell?

Never seen these this low, particularly for a blue dial

There's no such thing. He had it labeled wrong. See edit above
Old 12 February 2023, 04:49 AM   #3254
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There's no such thing. He had it labeled wrong. See edit above
Haha got it! Thought it looked eerily similar to a dual time
Old 12 February 2023, 04:52 AM   #3255
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Haha got it! Thought it looked eerily similar to a dual time

Yeah he listed it as if it was this one.

But it was really this.

Since Vacheron has an 8 year warranty those papers are a hell of a thing to lose on a stickered watch.
Old 12 February 2023, 08:43 AM   #3256
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That new panda dial one is the first Vacheron I would have ever considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Net income isn't a good gauge for the health of a company because it trails so hard based on other factors.

Even for our smaller private companies, net income trails topline results by ~2 - 4 quarters.
Their revenue is the highest it's ever been as well with all their stupid price increases. I still can't stomach them doubling the price of the 15407st.
Old 12 February 2023, 08:48 AM   #3257
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Reverse panda is pretty great too. That Chrono is SD43 / planet ocean sized. I could pull it off but sold mine when I got the blue 4500V. It's so slim and flat.
Old 12 February 2023, 11:50 AM   #3258
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Great Thread, love the daily price updates

looks like the market is still in correction mode and going lower
Old 12 February 2023, 12:03 PM   #3259
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

BNIB Pepsi went for $21k quickly.
Old 12 February 2023, 03:48 PM   #3260
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
That new panda dial one is the first Vacheron I would have ever considered.

Their revenue is the highest it's ever been as well with all their stupid price increases. I still can't stomach them doubling the price of the 15407st.

Agreed. The new panda looks great. Hoping to see it in person soon at the boutique in bev hills.
Old 12 February 2023, 04:19 PM   #3261
murrayhill
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Underdogs only to the flex crowd...

I bought my first VC (overseas) during the bubble (since prices were less inflated than AP/Patek) and discovered that it was just as nice in quality (better bracelet than Patek / more reliable movement than AP) and overall they also lost significantly less in value in the correction. I also find it easier to wear in all situations while staying low key and I personally prefer non hype watches. So VC def earned a new fan during this crazy period and I hope they never attract the flex crowd. If the price premium is what makes it an underdog, I am all for it!
Old 13 February 2023, 12:05 AM   #3262
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayhill View Post

I bought my first VC (overseas) during the bubble (since prices were less inflated than AP/Patek) and discovered that it was just as nice in quality (better bracelet than Patek / more reliable movement than AP) and overall they also lost significantly less in value in the correction. I also find it easier to wear in all situations while staying low key and I personally prefer non hype watches. So VC def earned a new fan during this crazy period and I hope they never attract the flex crowd. If the price premium is what makes it an underdog, I am all for it!

I wasn't going to dignify that with a response

Rolex always left me wanting a little more. I would buy one and then upon close inspection they just weren't that well made.

I set out looking at AP, A Lange & Sohne, and others before I found Vacheron Constantin. The design language really sang to me, even their dress watches, and now I'm trying for my 4th piece.

For many on this forum it is clear that whatever is flipped the most often for the highest premium on MODA must be the best watch. That's too bad. There's a lot of great brands out there making a finer product.
Old 13 February 2023, 02:11 AM   #3263
Auric Goldfinger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayhill View Post

My comment wasn't made at an attempt to discredit VC, and as I've previously stated they make some excellent references.

My point was that a lot of the recent demand for VC was from folks who couldn't get their hands on any of the other major brands or they're the parasites like TPG who tried to hype the brand up to capitalize.
Old 13 February 2023, 04:54 AM   #3264
Modiferous
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modiferous View Post
Prices are actually going up, I sold two of the watches I had for sale (I am a collector not a dealer) for close to asking.
Have a third watch about to close sale for close to asking. Seems like Dec/Jan was the low, and prices are definitely rising again now.
Old 13 February 2023, 04:55 AM   #3265
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have a third watch about to close sale for close to asking. Seems like Dec/Jan was the low, and prices are definitely rising again now.

So you’re selling the bottom? Jk.
Old 13 February 2023, 04:56 AM   #3266
hussain
"TRF" Member

I just bought a 4500v blue fullset for $24.5k on Thursday.
Old 13 February 2023, 05:06 AM   #3267
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What watch?

You also say it sold for "close to asking" meaning it sold lower than you were asking for. How exactly does that equate to prices rising again?
Old 13 February 2023, 05:13 AM   #3268
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussain View Post
I just bought a 4500v blue fullset for $24.5k on Thursday.

Great pick up! Hope you love it
Old 13 February 2023, 05:15 AM   #3269
Modiferous
"TRF" Member

I had the watches listed since late Fall / early Winter. The offers I was getting rose steadily until they got to close to my asking, and I sold. I probably could have gotten full ask price but 3-5% below full ask isn't much to worry about. I've owned these watches a while, and I listed them for 1.5 - 3.5X more than what I paid, and I got it. That's just fair - if you own certain watches long enough, their values will rise.

I am also following the prices at Moda and all of them have been rising steadily since the Dec/Jan lows.

Point being that if you waited, you already missed the bottom.
Old 13 February 2023, 05:23 AM   #3270
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had the watches listed since late Fall / early Winter. The offers I was getting rose steadily until they got to close to my asking, and I sold. I probably could have gotten full ask price but 3-5% below full ask isn't much to worry about. I've owned these watches a while, and I listed them for 1.5 - 3.5X more than what I paid, and I got it.

I am also following the prices at Moda and all of them have been rising steadily since the Dec/Jan lows.

Point being that if you waited, you already missed the bottom.
Stop speaking in code. Provide information on specific refs you sold, price and proof. You’re typing but not saying much