The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 30 October 2022, 03:36 AM   #1441
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
the blue green 240s are all sitting unsold in the 70s. for weeks. Haven't seen anybody drop or post lately.

420s taupes are sitting unsold at retail. not even at MODA, on other common grey sites as well. ROO is dead, I said since the last price increase that its completely absurd they priced up a 43mm steel Chrono on rubber for more than $45k out the door. thats a crazy ask and it's going to hurt them long term if market continues downward. AP 100% got too greedy in my opinion.
what's your read on the VC's 4500V and 5500V blue and black? Are they reaching bottom? 30K for 4500 and 40K for 5500?

Talking new, unworn 2022's..
Old 30 October 2022, 03:50 AM   #1442
BrunoMalik
Banned

Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
Please do let me know where i can buy a green 50th anniversary ROC for 70k and ill buy them all. Literally all 26240 green at or below 70k, im a buyer, no joke. Provide links, screenshots dealer details. Im not joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSA if you have a new 26240 green dial 50th anniversary ROC and are willing to ship to EU under $70k, im a buyer no questions asked. DMs open. No access to Moda or any other dealer chats, but spread the word to them pls.

Edit: i know AP has made just under 1800 green ROCs with a 50th anniversary rotor and im literally willing to buy every single one of them at or under $70k shipped to EU.

Old 30 October 2022, 03:51 AM   #1443
awu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Interesting to see the absolute flood of BLROs hitting the market on various platforms. Goes to show how many of these were being held to create artificial scarcity. From 31-32K to 17K in less than a year.
I noticed this too, the amount of BLRO listings has increased significantly suddenly.
Old 30 October 2022, 08:44 AM   #1444
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Blue dial 4500 brand new full set dated October.

$29k and still not moving. LOL love to see it.
Old 30 October 2022, 09:36 AM   #1445
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
PSA if you have a new 26240 green dial 50th anniversary ROC and are willing to ship to EU under $70k, im a buyer no questions asked. DMs open. No access to Moda or any other dealer chats, but spread the word to them pls.

Edit: i know AP has made just under 1800 green ROCs with a 50th anniversary rotor and im literally willing to buy every single one of them at or under $70k shipped to EU.

I've only seen blues being posted ~70 lately. I think last green was $90 but it was back in July. 3 months of downwards action, I'm sure the next posting will be around ~70 as well for the green. I'll happily PM you when I see it.
Old 30 October 2022, 09:51 AM   #1446
HAL330
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Blue dial 4500 brand new full set dated October.

$29k and still not moving. LOL love to see it.
Prefer the black (guess I’m odd) but that’s encouraging
Old 30 October 2022, 10:16 AM   #1447
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
not at all, I'm a monochrome guy myself. I love the look of the blues and green on pics, but it kind of annoys me when matching with attire.
Old 30 October 2022, 11:06 AM   #1448
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Quote:
not at all, I'm a monochrome guy myself. I love the look of the blues and green on pics, but it kind of annoys me when matching with attire.
Exactly why I sold my 116610LV. First week was fun and cool and then it was like "god that's green"
Old 30 October 2022, 11:51 AM   #1449
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Guys I just found this video and a wanted to share. Lots of explanations actually from the boutique. What do you think of it?

https://youtu.be/Qb4vQPGZ4yc
Old 30 October 2022, 03:17 PM   #1450
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

The Pepsi GMT feels like it is at least 50% of listings.

Does anyone actually want to own this watch?
Old 31 October 2022, 01:36 AM   #1451
Mifune
Banned

Im okay with that... I still need a blro for my collection, preferably NIB on an oyster.
Old 31 October 2022, 02:02 AM   #1452
Booth9999
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicanbefree View Post
The Pepsi GMT feels like it is at least 50% of listings.

Does anyone actually want to own this watch?
Right? It seems everyone bought this watch to sell it later. With all the listings I I don’t see why they aren’t cheaper. There seems to be more than subs.
Old 31 October 2022, 02:33 AM   #1453
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
Tried both, blue and black. I also way prefered the black version.
Old 31 October 2022, 02:41 AM   #1454
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth9999 View Post
Right? It seems everyone bought this watch to sell it later. With all the listings I I don’t see why they aren’t cheaper. There seems to be more than subs.
Most of the watches are on consignment.
Dealers do no care if they do not sell quick as long as they do not waste too much time answering questions to customers.
Customers have difficulties to accept the new reality.

Wait after xmas.

When the xmax effect will be a flop and prices will not skyrocket, owners will understand the reality and want to have it sold to get their money. => pressure on prices.

And I am not speaking about the scenario of a more difficult job market (which is what the FED wants btw)...
Old 31 October 2022, 02:56 AM   #1455
Mifune
Banned

C24...
'We've found 870 results for “126710blro” '

seems pretty normal to me.
Old 31 October 2022, 03:58 AM   #1456
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post

C24...
'We've found 870 results for “126710blro” '

seems pretty normal to me.
this is a ticking time bomb and I have (among others) been saying the writing has been on the wall for months now
Old 31 October 2022, 04:13 AM   #1457
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
this is a ticking time bomb and i have (among others) been saying the writing has been on the wall for months now
100%
Old 31 October 2022, 04:23 AM   #1458
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth9999 View Post
870 BLRO’s on C24 but there’s 8,606 submariners on there - 1,200 of them from 2022 alone. That must be a good few per cent of this year’s production.

Agree it’s odd they’re not getting much cheaper but they’re also not selling! I guess they only get cheaper once desperation or exasperation kicks in.
Old 31 October 2022, 04:53 AM   #1459
dmash
"TRF" Member

I find it amusing how you can go on certain dealers IG or YT channels just 4 months ago and they were saying 'this will keep going up' or 'invest in these pieces' or 'get it before another price increase' or 'it will never be this cheap again!'. Now they've 180'd, acting like they're the foremost authority on the subject and now saying to prepare for further declines and that some buyers have tried to trade back in purchases from them JUST THIS YEAR and they can only give them less than half what they paid. Absolutely astonishing.

In the near future, watches and the grey market action of 2020-2022 will be remembered as a type of pump and dump for tangible objects which we will likely never see again and people will be embarrassed about partaking in. My opinion.
Old 31 October 2022, 05:07 AM   #1460
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I find it amusing how you can go on certain dealers IG or YT channels just 4 months ago and they were saying 'this will keep going up' or 'invest in these pieces' or 'get it before another price increase' or 'it will never be this cheap again!'. Now they've 180'd, acting like they're the foremost authority on the subject and now saying to prepare for further declines and that some buyers have tried to trade back in purchases from them JUST THIS YEAR and they can only give them less than half what they paid. Absolutely astonishing.

In the near future, watches and the grey market action of 2020-2022 will be remembered as a type of pump and dump for tangible objects which we will likely never see again and people will be embarrassed about partaking in. My opinion.
Yeah, I think people will be very embarrassed about their grey purchases (assuming they bought them near the peak). Actually had a few discussions w colleagues who bought ROs, Nautilus, etc at stupid numbers, and they are kicking themselves over it now.

The grey market is propped up by straws and duct tape at this point, and continues to be subject of great market manipulation. But in the end, something has to give and I think it’s clear which way this is going to go.

I don’t for see luxury watches becoming virtually worthless of course (as was the case with beanie babies, tulips Etc.), but I am confident that pricing will revert to the mean. No more AD games of the past couple years, no absurd pricing on mass produced watches, etc.
Old 31 October 2022, 05:11 AM   #1461
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t for see luxury watches becoming virtually worthless of course (as was the case with beanie babies, tulips Etc.), but I am confident that pricing will revert to the mean. No more AD games of the past couple years, no absurd pricing on mass produced watches, etc.
Yeah to clarify, I solely mean the over-MSRP/grey market pricing, being seen as a type of pump and dump*
Old 31 October 2022, 05:37 AM   #1462
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
They are starting to understand their job. ahahah

When a grey is selling a watch as an "investment asset", the buyer may come back angry because he was wrongly adviced. And if it has been halved in 6 months, he may be more than angry...

Short term vs long term relation... Some rare greys were honest though...

Old 31 October 2022, 05:42 AM   #1463
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I think people will be very embarrassed about their grey purchases (assuming they bought them near the peak). Actually had a few discussions w colleagues who bought ROs, Nautilus, etc at stupid numbers, and they are kicking themselves over it now.

The grey market is propped up by straws and duct tape at this point, and continues to be subject of great market manipulation. But in the end, something has to give and I think it’s clear which way this is going to go.

100%

And with Rolex delivering daily, greys are loosing grip on controling and manipulating the market. They have no more infinite free capital to do it.
Old 31 October 2022, 06:03 AM   #1464
The Stifmeister
Banned

Quote:

There’s one member I know who openly admitted he paid $50k back in February for a white 116500. I wonder if he’s feeling okay. No sarcasm.
Old 31 October 2022, 06:50 AM   #1465
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ben View Post
870 BLRO’s on C24 but there’s 8,606 submariners on there - 1,200 of them from 2022 alone. That must be a good few per cent of this year’s production.

Agree it’s odd they’re not getting much cheaper but they’re also not selling! I guess they only get cheaper once desperation or exasperation kicks in.

What astounds me even more is the amount of 26240s (281) and 16202s (~90) on offer on Chrono. Even if you take away people advertising watches they don't have, it's an astounding amount of limited watches being put up for sale that was supposedly to go to deserving customers.

I'm sure a ton of people are going to take a batch on these and the BLROs once folks realize within the next 12-18 months the pressure is downward and the days of 30k for a BLRO are well past...

Xmas may the rhe last hope for a hurray, but with inflation news persisting, China putting a dent in the stock market and all of Europe worrying about an energy crisis, even folks who DO have a ton of disposable income may just hold back and wait for an MSRP watch if at all... And not supper any kind of profit making from greys.

If that turns out to be right, Jan and Feb may look bleak (or really good, depending what side you're on)
Old 31 October 2022, 07:20 AM   #1466
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
what's your read on the VC's 4500V and 5500V blue and black? Are they reaching bottom? 30K for 4500 and 40K for 5500?

Talking new, unworn 2022's..
A 2020 complete set black 4500V was just won at auction for 19.2k
Old 31 October 2022, 09:18 AM   #1467
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
Waoow! Under retail! I cannot wait to be able to buy again a VC from the classic lines or ALS with a discount.
Old 31 October 2022, 09:25 AM   #1468
HAL330
Banned

Quote:
Makes sense since a new 2022 unworn black dial is going for around $27k by all accounts
Old 31 October 2022, 10:56 AM   #1469
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Brand new, unworn Oct 22 RG DD with olive green dial for $50.5K is still sitting.
Old 31 October 2022, 11:06 AM   #1470
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

BLROs are flooding in and causing a lot of downward pressure. Brand new, unsized on jubilee for <$19k and still no takers. Think these will settle very close to retail +/-