The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 24 January 2023, 10:38 AM   #2881
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Strong numerical support.

You haven’t been following this thread (nor the general Rolex forum) close enough. There are numerous folks who have transacted on moda. Including your “trusted sellers” on this forum.

Sir, I will not be providing you a bump analysis plotted as a function of date. The forum sales area moves quickly. Many bumps have always been required to be seen. Choose your battles.
Old 24 January 2023, 11:13 AM   #2882
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Strong numerical support.

You haven’t been following this thread (nor the general Rolex forum) close enough. There are numerous folks who have transacted on moda. Including your “trusted sellers” on this forum.
You sure? I haven't seen anyone in this thread come back to say they bought one of these bargain priced watches off Moda yet. This seems to be a mental exercise for everyone it looks like. No one willing to put their money where their mouth is with these moda deals. But what I DO SEE are people transacting at the higher prices from big trusted grey dealers.
Old 24 January 2023, 11:17 AM   #2883
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Sir, I will not be providing you a bump analysis plotted as a function of date. The forum sales area moves quickly. Many bumps have always been required to be seen. Choose your battles.
You think you’re contributing to the discussion then? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
You sure? I haven't seen anyone in this thread come back to say they bought one of these bargain priced watches off Moda yet. This seems to be a mental exercise for everyone it looks like. No one willing to put their money where their mouth is with these moda deals. But what I DO SEE are people transacting at the higher prices from big trusted grey dealers.
Yes I am sure.
Old 24 January 2023, 11:33 AM   #2884
psm11
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Quote:
You think you’re contributing to the discussion then? Lol

Yes I am sure.
I bought a Batgirl off Moda just watch, card, and booklet about a year and a half ago. Was a super smooth transaction and the watch arrived with no issues.

This seems to be the vast majority of peoples' experience with Moda.

If you buy the seller you can't go wrong. Once you get comfortable with that, I am not sure why anyone would want to pay inflated grey prices.
Old 24 January 2023, 11:35 AM   #2885
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
I bought a Batgirl off Moda just watch, card, and booklet about a year and a half ago. Was a super smooth transaction and the watch arrived with no issues.

This seems to be the vast majority of peoples' experience with Moda.

If you buy the seller you can't go wrong. Once you get comfortable with that, I am not sure why anyone would want to pay inflated grey prices.
Thank you. You’re echoing most people’s statements who have transacted on Moda that I’ve talked to, along with all those on this forum.
Old 24 January 2023, 12:28 PM   #2886
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Thank you. You’re echoing most people’s statements who have transacted on Moda that I’ve talked to, along with all those on this forum.
Same here. I haven’t myself but helped a buddy find a Smurf on Moda. It was his very first time buying any watch on line and he said it went perfect. I’ve seen him and the watch afterwards. No issues.

I’d buy off Moda myself and wish I had in the past. But the only model I’d consider atm is a 505 to go with my 515 but I don’t need another watch. Have way to many as it is.
Old 24 January 2023, 03:02 PM   #2887
ThatOtherGuy7
"TRF" Member

Watch listings from greys on this forums seem to show that the watch market is picking back up. Prices are higher compared to just two weeks ago.
Old 24 January 2023, 07:30 PM   #2888
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy7 View Post
Watch listings from greys on this forums seem to show that the watch market is picking back up. Prices are higher compared to just two weeks ago.
From what i have heard, Rolex are sending out extra pieces for the Holiday season in december, and less to non in January. With that and the price increase in mind, i don´t think it´s totally unrealistic that asking prices is going up a bit for brand new watches. Especially from sellers that don´t hold any stock.

But if they are actually selling at higher prices i doubt.

If it´s correct that they are sending out less watches here in January, which make sense, prices might at least have stabilized for a short period. But i would expect the next few month to be more challenging, and surprised if we have reached the bottom already.

We will properly see a change in production this year as well, with more SS and less PM watches being made, to ensure the PM prices don´t collaps, which will keep SS prices dropping.
Old 24 January 2023, 08:43 PM   #2889
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

RE: Moda, I’ve bought and sold 6 figures of watches on there with no problems. It’s just like buying or selling on here or WUS.
Old 26 January 2023, 05:15 AM   #2890
rolexandlange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I bought my Datograph on Moda. I am wearing it today. Dreams do come true.
Old 26 January 2023, 08:26 AM   #2891
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Are all the dealers on Moda mainly US based? I almost want to sign up for Facebook just to see all the great deals I'm missing out on lol
Old 26 January 2023, 08:31 AM   #2892
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

White gold slider sub for 32.X at auction is hilariously bad.
Old 26 January 2023, 09:45 AM   #2893
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
Are all the dealers on Moda mainly US based? I almost want to sign up for Facebook just to see all the great deals I'm missing out on lol
Yes mostly US based dealers.
Old 26 January 2023, 10:16 AM   #2894
onyourbikes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes mostly US based dealers.
Surely it's all USA based? That is the first question they ask when you try to join.
Outside of USA they won't let you join.
Old 26 January 2023, 10:32 AM   #2895
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourbikes View Post
Surely it's all USA based? That is the first question they ask when you try to join.
Outside of USA they won't let you join.

That's not right. There's overseas people on there. Singapore. UAE etc.
Old 26 January 2023, 11:13 AM   #2896
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’ve transacted through Moda a few times now. A couple great deals were had (20-30% cheaper than other grey dealer prices).

Though as a few other members recently noted, Moda’s prices have gotten worse in the last month. Some asking prices are ambitious as of late. An example of this is a dealer recently listed a Patek 5160 from 2021 for $193. There are two recent comps from auction houses for this reference, one being Phillip’s Geneva auction in November where another 5160 from 2021 sold for 132,200 CHF (on the day of the auction the exchange rate was nearly 1:1).

I can not see how this is any where near what this reference would fetch today, and I’ll also note that this dealer is known within Moda to have really good pricing. Possibly, he is listing it on consignment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 January 2023, 11:27 AM   #2897
rolex_pl85
Banned

The problem with MODA these days is they have accepted every dick and harry into the groups. That means there are ppl listing with prices not in-line with the market and some of those posts get approved.

Some listings are way off whack from where the market is. (i.e) I saw a Blue SkyD on Jubillee listed for $24-$25k or something like that and then the mods pulled the listing because it was not market price.

So do not ever take a single listing as market price not even on MODA. The market is not improving whatsoever. I know so many ppl now that got burnt investing in watches including myself and my very close friends. We've lost well over $150k in value in watches so far and we cant even flip them that easy because dealers wont buy or offer offensive prices.
Old 26 January 2023, 12:51 PM   #2898
Incroyable12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
I’ve transacted through Moda a few times now. A couple great deals were had (20-30% cheaper than other grey dealer prices).

Though as a few other members recently noted, Moda’s prices have gotten worse in the last month. Some asking prices are ambitious as of late. An example of this is a dealer recently listed a Patek 5160 from 2021 for $193. There are two recent comps from auction houses for this reference, one being Phillip’s Geneva auction in November where another 5160 from 2021 sold for 132,200 CHF (on the day of the auction the exchange rate was nearly 1:1).

I can not see how this is any where near what this reference would fetch today, and I’ll also note that this dealer is known within Moda to have really good pricing. Possibly, he is listing it on consignment?

If it sold for that price the seller would realistically only get 60-70% of the sold price considering all the fees and the fact they include the rather considerable buyer's premium in the final price.
Old 26 January 2023, 03:06 PM   #2899
onyourbikes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
That's not right. There's overseas people on there. Singapore. UAE etc.
Well I got my wife to try and join as I don't have Facebook. First thing they ask is what USA city are you in and if you're not they won't approve the membership.
Old 26 January 2023, 03:38 PM   #2900
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
Yeah interesting on moda. It’s like somebody flipped a switch and everybody started asking 10% more for their watches but the recent no reserve auction results have been really low
Old 26 January 2023, 03:55 PM   #2901
T3rmina1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well I got my wife to try and join as I don't have Facebook. First thing they ask is what USA city are you in and if you're not they won't approve the membership.
I'm from Singapore, and I'm on. I see dealers from here as well.
Old 26 January 2023, 04:23 PM   #2902
psm11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerI View Post
Yeah interesting on moda. It’s like somebody flipped a switch and everybody started asking 10% more for their watches but the recent no reserve auction results have been really low
Yeah and despite the incessant “you’re giving this away” or “get it now before the price goes back up” bumps they arent selling. I truly don’t understand what some of these guys are doing. Why in the world do they think that a Batgirl that didn’t sell a week ago at 15.5k would sell this week for 16.5k? Makes no sense.
Old 26 January 2023, 05:08 PM   #2903
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is not true. I am EU based and I was approved.
Old 26 January 2023, 09:19 PM   #2904
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerI View Post
Quote:
Yeah and despite the incessant “you’re giving this away” or “get it now before the price goes back up” bumps they arent selling. I truly don’t understand what some of these guys are doing. Why in the world do they think that a Batgirl that didn’t sell a week ago at 15.5k would sell this week for 16.5k? Makes no sense.
The proof is in the sales. These snakes are desperate, and are once again attempting to unduly inflate the market. The reality is, no one is buying at those prices. Auctions show that, as do the price at which dealers would buy a watch if you called and made an offer.

The desperation is higher than ever. DM some of these guys - you’ll be shocked the price they offer compared to what they listed it for
Old 26 January 2023, 10:03 PM   #2905
chris242
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
Quote:

I’m assuming these guys posting

Old 26 January 2023, 10:06 PM   #2906
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris242 View Post
I’m assuming these guys posting

There's surely a bored social media crowd there too that just posts memes and cheerleads.
Old 26 January 2023, 10:45 PM   #2907
Conway
Banned

Moda and this forum are pretty much the same, some people talking them up and some people talking them down.

I'm on the fence, I have a nice collection so if they go back up then I'll sell because I'm sick of this crap now, but if they go down then I'll buy because maybe we'll be finally rid of the 'watches as investments' crap and I can get back to the hobby.

At the moment advertised prices seen to be creeping up, but actual cash exchanging hands is lower than advertised prices, so it's anyones guess. My guess is the market isn't there for another bull run.
Old 26 January 2023, 10:58 PM   #2908
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway View Post
Moda and this forum are pretty much the same, some people talking them up and some people talking them down.

I'm on the fence, I have a nice collection so if they go back up then I'll sell because I'm sick of this crap now, but if they go down then I'll buy because maybe we'll be finally rid of the 'watches as investments' crap and I can get back to the hobby.

At the moment advertised prices seen to be creeping up, but actual cash exchanging hands is lower than advertised prices, so it's anyones guess. My guess is the market isn't there for another bull run.
what's stopping you from enjoying this hobby with a nice collection if prices are up and why do you want to sell in that case? seems a bit weird that if they go up you wanna be done with it but if they go down you wanna collect
Old 27 January 2023, 12:24 AM   #2909
onyourbikes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtmister View Post
This is not true. I am EU based and I was approved.
I'm not saying you're not. But to call me a liar when I am posting fact is not on.
I'm stating that we tried to join and were denied as it asks what USA city you're in. We put a non USA city. They denied us and said only USA.

Maybe you got in before that rule. But to call me a liar doesn't change fact.
Old 27 January 2023, 01:49 AM   #2910
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Because there are YouTube personalities that have been saying recently "I had a watch sit for a month with no offers and when I increased the price it sold!!!"

It's all smoke and mirrors. If you want to see how bad the market is watch a few of the videos from the latest Miami IWJG. Full of people saying "but I paid 'x' for this watch!!!" when they are offered significantly less. It's a buyers market and no cabal of online watch dealers will be able to change that anytime soon. You have dealers sitting on tons of inventory they bought on credit that they overpaid on and are desperately trying to convince people everything is fine and dandy.
Closed Thread