The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 July 2018, 12:19 AM   #1
ramonesf2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Lange
Terrible Boutique Experience

I just wanted to let you all know of my first and last experience with a Panerai Boutique. On Wednesday I called all of the US Boutiques in search of a PAM911. I knew they most likely would not have any and be sold out. I called every single one and to my disbelief, a Florida Boutique had one. I confirmed it was a 911, they sent me photos with the LE number, I send them my credit card, and they charged me. They said they would ship it out next week.

Since I don't have unlimited money, I went ahead and sold one of my watches to make room for the new Panerai. So I sold my Sub yesterday (Thursday).

This morning (Friday), I received a call from the Boutique saying that they can no longer sell me the watch and that they would have to refund me. The sales woman said her Manager had previously sold the watch to another customer, it was already paid for by the other customer, and he picked it up yesterday (Thursday). They didn't even call me to tell me until today (Friday).

How does this happen. If the other customer already paid for it, why did the system let me buy it? How is there no communication, especially on a limited, in-demand piece? Why did they wait over a day to tell me? If they told me yesterday when the other customer apparently picked it up, I'd still have my Sub.

I could go on about the events that actually transpired that they couldn't sell me the watch. Another "bigger" customer decided they wanted it, the manager didn't want to sell it to me as a first time customer, etc. Doesn't matter. I'm royally pissed off. Now I don't have the PAM, and I'm out a Sub, which are not easy to get back these days.

Sorry for venting, but figured you guys should all know.
ramonesf2 is offline   Reply With Quote