The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 22 September 2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Tritto
"TRF" Member

Which Tudor dress watches use a 2484 movement

Hi all, I'm hoping there are some vintage Tudor gurus present to answer this question.
I have a great old Tudor Sub 7021/0 that has the 2484 movement. It was running intermittently when I bought it, and I had my local guy service it and all was initially well. However, soon after I got it back it developed an issue with hand winding - the rotor spun when hand winding. Turns out there was some wear on the plate that holds the reversing gears designed to stop this happening. My guy has been working through various donor movements from the ETA 245x family trying to find a plate without this wear that also works with the 2484 and doesn't require the replacement of Tudor signed parts. So far we're not quite there.
Naturally, 2484 parts are unobtainable to an independent (and I don't know if they're even available to someone with a Rolex parts account - of which there appear to be none in Australia). I'm wondering about sourcing a vintage Tudor dress watch that also uses the 2484 for this and future parts needs. So far I think the 7996 and 7966 models use this movement, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any additional models so that I can broaden my search criteria.
Here's a pic. It's a nice example that's well worth making sure I have parts for now and in the future.

Via the interweb from a land downunder
Tritto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2016, 12:57 PM   #2
Tritto
"TRF" Member

Alternatively, has anyone got (or seen on the www) a tech guide for the 2484 with part numbers that I might be able to compare to a 245x guide to see which parts are common and which aren't. Might help me decide precisely which 245x to get as the best donor for this issue.

Via the interweb from a land downunder
Tritto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2017, 03:33 AM   #3
chrisca70
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you!
Perhaps too late but check this out:

http://www.tztoolshop.com/page30.html
chrisca70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2017, 12:48 AM   #4
Dionissis
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 pepsi
I know exactly what you mean... I think that a model with oyster case had the same 2484 ETA but I leave it to the experts. Have you thought to replace the movement with the movement of the next model?
Dionissis is offline   Reply With Quote