The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 April 2020, 05:33 PM   #31
Zoran
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655 Mark 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBradleigh View Post
I think those values are “top of the mark” and Chrono24 has incentive to want you to sell for more because they make 6.5% commission.
I fully agree with you, Russel! C24 has not been a realistic market price indicator in the past years, in my opinion. When the price of selling a watch would cost you 100-250€ in commission, it was still reasonable and kind of a barometer.

I also remember private sales used to be on the low-end spectrum of those prices. The past years they are in the middle.
I wouldn't do a trade unless it fits my criteria at this moment, meaning I decide what I am willing to add on top. A buyer's market is coming, if it's not already here. Be patient and shop around. Also, cash in hand makes deals happen now, more than trades
Old 2 April 2020, 05:46 PM   #32
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
My thinking is that it's not an ideal time to trade unless you can find an end-user that's interested in the swap. The grey dealers want to be reducing their inventory/exposure, not merely changing the composition. I'll bet $4-5k difference.
Correct, I proposed a swap last week (Rolex Explorer II for a Omega Speedy Tuesday) to a local grey with a bricks and mortar store which is closed due to Covid-19. Even no counter offer. Only interested in seling a watch for cash.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 11:07 PM   #33
terppride7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Thanks for all the responses guys. I was thinking around the 2-3k range was fair. I own the Sub and agree with most of you on the prices coming down, though I don’t think it’s as drastic yet as some of you may believe. I’m torn about the deal because I do agree that the Sub is just the cornerstone Rolex and is absolutely beautiful but I there is something incredible about that Black Blue dial (hot take, I almost enjoy that over the Pepsi and still to this date don’t understand the appeal behind the Pepsi over Batman but that’s for another time)
terppride7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 11:19 PM   #34
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Fellow Terp here by the way!

$3K sounds about right to me
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 02:05 AM   #35
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by terppride7 View Post
Thanks for all the responses guys. I was thinking around the 2-3k range was fair. I own the Sub and agree with most of you on the prices coming down, though I don’t think it’s as drastic yet as some of you may believe. I’m torn about the deal because I do agree that the Sub is just the cornerstone Rolex and is absolutely beautiful but I there is something incredible about that Black Blue dial (hot take, I almost enjoy that over the Pepsi and still to this date don’t understand the appeal behind the Pepsi over Batman but that’s for another time)
I agree, i love the black blue of the Batman...
Old 3 April 2020, 03:47 AM   #36
terppride7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Fellow Terp here by the way!

$3K sounds about right to me

Hey Go Terps!!!
terppride7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 05:01 AM   #37
ngypheap
"TRF" Member

I traded my watch about 10days ago, I traded my Sub 116610LN 2015 No warranty Card, Short 2 Links to GMT batgirl 2020 full set. I added 4500. It was crazy, but I’m happy with it. My Sub has some heavy scratch on case and buckle, bough it pre-owned in 2017 from local jewelry 6300$.
So it hard to say the which deal right or wrong, it depend on ur heart which watch u like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ngypheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 07:25 AM   #38
newu5er
"TRF" Member

I'd wait - premium on that watch will be down pretty low in July-August.
newu5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 08:38 AM   #39
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Average selling price of a pre-owned 116610LN is $9,686 and 126710 BLNR is $13,299 based on real-world selling data (watchcharts.com). This leaves a cash delta of ~$3,600. Please note this data does not account for condition and additional inclusions of original box and papers, but it certainly gives you an idea of the resale value and furthermore guidance for your decision. You should be able to get a better idea of the historic sales data related to your scenario (condition, box/papers, etc.) if you look at some recent sales that match your specific criteria. Data source below:

https://watchcharts.com/watch/638/overview
https://watchcharts.com/watch/1525/overview
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote