The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 August 2020, 04:05 AM   #1
BlueHeron
"TRF" Member

First Omega...thinking it should be FOIS

I've been lurking forever in admiration of the Speedmaster, but I prefer the needle chrono hand and I just love the '57 and love the FOIS. I'm ready to visit an AD, any tips on what to look for / ask the SA? I am new to Omega, collection is all Rolex
BlueHeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 06:14 AM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
FOIS is an excellent choice. Try it on, and if you think it's right then I'm confident you'll dig it

If you can, take time to wind up the movement on the actual watch you purchase; for some reason, some Speedmasters have excessive resistance in the crown when winding/setting the watch, and it's a drag if you get one like that. The FOIS case is without crown guards, which makes it easier to operate, but I still recommend trying the feel on the watch you'll take home.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 12:10 AM   #3
DantonIzzo
"TRF" Member

As a Speedy Pro owner, who is in the process of trading it in for a FOIS, I think FOIS is an excellent choice. I love the Pro, but I think the FOIS wears better on my wrist.
DantonIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 12:24 AM   #4
jay_kay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 54
FOIS is the king of the Speedmasters.

Rolex Explorer 214270, Omega Speedmaster '1957 Relaunch' 3594.50.00, Panerai Luminor 1950 PAM00127-E, Panerai Radiomir 1936 PAM00249-I, Panerai Mare Nostrum PAM00716-T, Panerai PAM00785-Q Set, Panerai Luminor Black Seal PAM00594-Q, Panerai Luminor Daylight PAM00604-Q, Tudor Black Bay 54 79000N, Heuer Carrera Re-Edition CS3113, Hamilton Military W10 & TAG Heuer F1
jay_kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 03:43 AM   #5
BlueHeron
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for this excellent information, very glad I asked.
Old 11 August 2020, 03:44 AM   #6
BlueHeron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
FOIS is an excellent choice. Try it on, and if you think it's right then I'm confident you'll dig it

If you can, take time to wind up the movement on the actual watch you purchase; for some reason, some Speedmasters have excessive resistance in the crown when winding/setting the watch, and it's a drag if you get one like that. The FOIS case is without crown guards, which makes it easier to operate, but I still recommend trying the feel on the watch you'll take home.
Wow, great advice, thank you, I'll do as you suggest.
Old 11 August 2020, 04:30 AM   #7
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post

Sound advice. fWIW I’ve had loads of straight lugged speedies and they are miles easier to wind than the asymmetric case. My Apollo 11 now despite being broken in is a pig.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote