The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 6 August 2020, 06:42 AM   #1
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

Royal oak Perpetual

I love perpetual calendars and have it in other brands, I don't have a royal oak perpetual and seriously considering one. Would like to see overall perception of this watch in our community.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
startrolexendrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 07:00 AM   #2
guanxi
"TRF" Member

Got mine earlier this year and it is simply stunning and as been a loyal companion on the wrist. Execution and finishing are superb, design is timeless and complication is as good as it gets! Definitely grail watch material on all fronts...

guanxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 07:13 AM   #3
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

I absolutely love mine and it’ll have a permanent spot in my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 41546271-9BE7-4FA6-822C-67621BBAA432.jpeg (181.6 KB, 1228 views)
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 07:46 AM   #4
guanxi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciej View Post

Looks amazing!
Old 6 August 2020, 08:30 AM   #5
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanxi View Post
Got mine earlier this year and it is simply stunning and as been a loyal companion on the wrist. Execution and finishing are superb, design is timeless and complication is as good as it gets! Definitely grail watch material on all fronts...

Drool worthy both. In love with the RO PC’s.
Old 6 August 2020, 09:48 AM   #6
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I would love a ss, but I was offered a rose gold, which I like but not love.

Old 7 August 2020, 10:07 AM   #7
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

Also are the ss perpetual discontinued?

Old 7 August 2020, 10:10 AM   #8
m56
Banned

Not sure about it being discontinued but I can say it's a good buy...
m56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 10:12 AM   #9
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrolexendrolex View Post
Also are the ss perpetual discontinued?

For the time being I believe just the blue stainless PC is in production.
Old 7 August 2020, 04:54 PM   #10
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you have an AP sweater / gloves ? The little tag looks cool next to the watch ...
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 09:38 PM   #11
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Do you have an AP sweater / gloves ? The little tag looks cool next to the watch ...
Just the gloves from my last trip to Le Brassus.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 10:18 PM   #12
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

I saw the RG one recently. Very stunning in person, and stunning, instant reaction in a way I don’t get from most watches.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 02:54 PM   #13
S1mplee
"TRF" Member

The rose gold variant is indeed amazing
S1mplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 05:16 PM   #14
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Next on my list..Just waiting for the right deal ;)
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 09:57 PM   #15
aw9nineteen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post

They give deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aw9nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 10:10 PM   #16
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maciej, is the gray on the ceramic dial the same gray as on the 15500 or is it a different shade?
Old 19 August 2020, 11:21 PM   #17
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
The 26574ST is the watch I hound my SA to be allocated. I'm not necessarily holding my breath on it, but I also am willing to be patient on this one. If I haven't gotten anything by end of 2021, I'd just look to go gray on it.

Finding a truly new/unworn piece seems to have gotten harder, and more expensive. There are a few on C24, but all of them are typically 2-3 years old and have been polished (I don't trust anybody polishing ROs). Even these pre-owned models are now around $70k and I don't think there is much room on them based on the couple of inquiries I've made.

Gravity, good luck finding one! I may block your photos though if you get one because I hold you partially accountable for my lust for the Skeleton. I don't need to be lusting after the SS Perpetual more than I already do
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2020, 11:30 PM   #18
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
The 26574ST is the watch I hound my SA to be allocated. I'm not necessarily holding my breath on it, but I also am willing to be patient on this one. If I haven't gotten anything by end of 2021, I'd just look to go gray on it.

Finding a truly new/unworn piece seems to have gotten harder, and more expensive. There are a few on C24, but all of them are typically 2-3 years old and have been polished (I don't trust anybody polishing ROs). Even these pre-owned models are now around $70k and I don't think there is much room on them based on the couple of inquiries I've made.

Gravity, good luck finding one! I may block your photos though if you get one because I hold you partially accountable for my lust for the Skeleton. I don't need to be lusting after the SS Perpetual more than I already do
Have some wandering eyes already after getting the 15407? Deep affliction of this collection disease we all have.
Old 19 August 2020, 11:42 PM   #19
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Have some wandering eyes already after getting the 15407? Deep affliction of this collection disease we all have.
Oh, I suffer greatly from wandering eyes! The Perpetual isn't happening any time soon, though
Old 20 August 2020, 04:39 AM   #20
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw9nineteen View Post
They give deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have voiced my opinion on this many times but I have zero time or patience for ADs, so I go grey with everything. I'm actually after the ceramic so as mentioned, just waiting for the right deal. There were actually a few stainless PCs offered at the boutique on my last Europe trip but I'm pretty set on the CE.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 05:15 AM   #21
mockingboy
"TRF" Member

I want this watch very badly; have emailed the NY boutique but not received a response. Would put down a deposit or buy from any AD if anyone has any ideas?
mockingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 05:33 AM   #22
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingboy View Post
I want this watch very badly; have emailed the NY boutique but not received a response. Would put down a deposit or buy from any AD if anyone has any ideas?
This is not a piece you're going to walk in to a boutique or AD and get in the U.S. without some degree of history or relationship. There's always a chance you get very lucky, so I would never say "NEVER", but you should have the right knowledge about how AP works their allocations. If you purchase a couple of Codes and a less popular ROO though I'm sure you'll leapfrog to the top and it might even magically appear from the back room.

If you want it now, go grey. The premium is very small when you consider SRP+tax.
Old 20 August 2020, 05:57 AM   #23
mockingboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is not a piece you're going to walk in to a boutique or AD and get in the U.S. without some degree of history or relationship. There's always a chance you get very lucky, so I would never say "NEVER", but you should have the right knowledge about how AP works their allocations. If you purchase a couple of Codes and a less popular ROO though I'm sure you'll leapfrog to the top and it might even magically appear from the back room.

If you want it now, go grey. The premium is very small when you consider SRP+tax.
Thanks

I have a relationship with an AD in Chicago but never ever seem to be capable of getting anything so trying to move relationship to maybe a boutique (NYC).

Happy to do my buying there but no idea how to build the relationship from 1000 miles away
mockingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 06:20 AM   #24
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingboy View Post

Happy to do my buying there but no idea how to build the relationship from 1000 miles away
I just told you...buy a couple of Codes

Outside of that, eventually you're going to need some face time. I know that's really hard right now but they aren't ever going to be totally receptive to email requests for any Royal Oak. They likely get a dozen of those calls/emails a day.

If you can't get to NYC soon, I'd try and call the boutique or email with a clear interest in something you can get. For example, there are some 42mm ROOs that are available. Then of course, there are the Codes and other lines. I don't even know what RO to suggest right now as they all seem to be limited given the shutdown.

If you're only interested in the SS Perpetual I'll repeat myself...Go gray. You have a better chance right now of getting struck by lightning (twice) than you do getting one without an existing relationship.
Old 20 August 2020, 08:23 AM   #25
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I just told you...buy a couple of Codes

Outside of that, eventually you're going to need some face time. I know that's really hard right now but they aren't ever going to be totally receptive to email requests for any Royal Oak. They likely get a dozen of those calls/emails a day.

If you can't get to NYC soon, I'd try and call the boutique or email with a clear interest in something you can get. For example, there are some 42mm ROOs that are available. Then of course, there are the Codes and other lines. I don't even know what RO to suggest right now as they all seem to be limited given the shutdown.

If you're only interested in the SS Perpetual I'll repeat myself...Go gray. You have a better chance right now of getting struck by lightning (twice) than you do getting one without an existing relationship.
do you have grey pricing for new SS blue dial PC (not 3 years old and polished)? I have only seen the same stuff you have seen on chrono24.
Old 20 August 2020, 09:03 AM   #26
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
do you have grey pricing for new SS blue dial PC (not 3 years old and polished)? I have only seen the same stuff you have seen on chrono24.
I believe there is a 2020 model on there (or there was, maybe it sold) and they were asking $76k. I've reached out to that dealer in the past and they won't negotiate much so I'm thinking it would probably be $74k or so if you took the transaction offline. This is a model I'm more than willing to be patient on so I'm continuing to play the AD game unless one fell into my lap at an unbelievable price.
Old 20 August 2020, 09:08 AM   #27
guanxi
"TRF" Member

I got struck by lightning twice! First AP, first RO, first PC...however I will never be able to play the lottery again in my life!
So worth it ;-)
Old 20 August 2020, 10:16 AM   #28
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I believe there is a 2020 model on there (or there was, maybe it sold) and they were asking $76k. I've reached out to that dealer in the past and they won't negotiate much so I'm thinking it would probably be $74k or so if you took the transaction offline. This is a model I'm more than willing to be patient on so I'm continuing to play the AD game unless one fell into my lap at an unbelievable price.
i am surprised that the SS model is not going for more of a premium... such a beautiful piece. I feel like the price is only going up. If it wasn't out of my price range this one is a no brainer in the mid 70s for me.
Old 20 August 2020, 10:52 AM   #29
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I got struck by lightning twice! First AP, first RO, first PC...however I will never be able to play the lottery again in my life!
So worth it ;-)
Guanxi, that's just because luck favors those with exquisite taste knowing right from the bat which one to get first. I choose poorly on the first go around and was granted the wish...but wish I choose better! Lol.
Old 20 August 2020, 09:41 PM   #30
guanxi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Guanxi, that's just because luck favors those with exquisite taste knowing right from the bat which one to get first. I choose poorly on the first go around and was granted the wish...but wish I choose better! Lol.

Thanks, luck did play a big part and I had lots of favorable circonstances aligning my way, however it is true that I was completely obsessed with this piece from the get go when a friend kindly allowed me to try his on and I did try my outmost to make it happen.

Don’t be harsh on yourself, I am sure everything has its rightful place in your collection.