The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 August 2020, 04:56 AM   #1
drgoro
"TRF" Member

Westime AP boutique Miami

I've changed my opinion of this place based on my recent experience of them using Dishonest negotiations from the get go. Claim to be protecting AP brand, but wants you to send a photo of your collection and then you're required to buy one of their "westime" watches (initially any watch, toward the end, just moments before sending a wire quickly changed to a >$5K dog). How exactly does forcing me to buy a crap watch protect the brand? No one but these geniuses could understand, so don't bother asking lol. So much for protecting the brand. At least I saved some cash, and all things considered less of a premium just buying from grey.

AP if you're reading, boutiques like these need to be weeded out, they will make guys like me less likely to step foot inside and actually create resentment toward the brand.

I'm reasonably sure this isn't AP, I love the brand, this is purely that location and the brain dead manager that apparently put this all in play. Avoid this place.
drgoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 05:06 AM   #2
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoro View Post
Dishonest negotiations from the get go. Claim to be protecting AP brand, but wants you to send a photo of your collection and then you're required to buy one of their westime watches (initially any watch, toward the end quickly changed to a >$5K dud). How exactly does that protect the brand? No one but these geniuses could understand, so don't bother asking lol. So much for protecting the brand. At least I saved some cash.

This isn't AP, this is purely that Boutique and the brain dead manager. Avoid this place.
sorry about your experience and thanks for letting us know. may I ask what you initially inquired about? Im expecting 15500?!?

While I am still waiting for my "promised" 15500 black dial from when I bought my roo 42 on the spot at westime vegas - I can't say they have ever been less than professional with me. But it is still annoying when the manager tells you if you buy a watch that we have here today black 15500 within 12 months no problem. ...

However, I do understand that since production stopped due to covid this year that they focus on their bigger spending clients.

to make a long story short - I guess corporate boutique in Bal Harbour it is :)
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 05:13 AM   #3
drgoro
"TRF" Member

My sales guy Joseph, seemed to be on my side. I can't throw him under the bus, it really seems that strings were being pulled from higher up.

At first they were ok with me buying a ladies tank, then last minute it was a $10K longines.

I don't care if I get black balled, this isn't food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
sorry about your experience and thanks for letting us know. may I ask what you initially inquired about? Im expecting 15500?!?

While I am still waiting for my "promised" 15500 black dial from when I bought my roo 42 on the spot at westime vegas - I can't say they have ever been less than professional with me. But it is still annoying when the manager tells you if you buy a watch that we have here today black 15500 within 12 months no problem. ...

However, I do understand that since production stopped due to covid this year that they focus on their bigger spending clients.

to make a long story short - I guess corporate boutique in Bal Harbour it is :)
Old 8 August 2020, 05:19 AM   #4
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My sales guy Joseph, seemed to be on my side. I can't throw him under the bus, it really seems that strings were being pulled from higher up.

At first they were ok with me buying a ladies tank, then last minute it was a $10K longines.

yeah never buy stuff you don't like... I feel like AP needs more corporate owned boutiques...
Old 8 August 2020, 05:29 AM   #5
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
I go to Miami all the time and this is the first time I’ve heard of these guys. That’s amazing. I go to the boutique in Bal Harbor often and I thought that was the only one there. Sorry this happened to you. AP are pretty cocky these days.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 05:32 AM   #6
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I don't know what more evidence is needed. With an AD, chances are you're getting played. If it is a boutique, chances are you're getting politely ignored at best and at worst you'll get played just as hard as by an AD.

If you are not in it for the long game on Patek/AP/Rolex, I can't repeat this enough...just stop the insanity and go secondary/pre-owned. Maybe not right now because there clearly is a supply shortage that is creating a price spike on almost every in-demand model. But, if you're not going to pay up to get into the big leagues or the good graces of an AD, you're just going to continue to be frustrated.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 05:48 AM   #7
drgoro
"TRF" Member

Up until this last exchange, they were very responsive and fair in our dealings. Again Joseph was attentive, it's this last interaction that showed me a different side. Greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I don't know what more evidence is needed. With an AD, chances are you're getting played. If it is a boutique, chances are you're getting politely ignored at best and at worst you'll get played just as hard as by an AD.

If you are not in it for the long game on Patek/AP/Rolex, I can't repeat this enough...just stop the insanity and go secondary/pre-owned. Maybe not right now because there clearly is a supply shortage that is creating a price spike on almost every in-demand model. But, if you're not going to pay up to get into the big leagues or the good graces of an AD, you're just going to continue to be frustrated.
Old 8 August 2020, 06:32 AM   #8
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
It's sad to see this kind of behavior out of boutiques. AP needs to open more corporate owned stores and address these partner boutiques bringing their AD tactics into branded boutiques.

It's not good for the brand image and would likely turn off a lot of buyers. Everything is cyclical. There will come a time when AD's and boutiques will be hurting for sales. They will regret some of these practices they do today and it will come back to haunt them.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 06:42 AM   #9
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Is there any chance you were being phished? Or did you cold call them directly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 07:24 AM   #10
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:

Do you have any of this in writing that you can share via DM? I would like to pass along to someone at AP.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 07:27 AM   #11
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
It's sad to see this kind of behavior out of boutiques. AP needs to open more corporate owned stores and address these partner boutiques bringing their AD tactics into branded boutiques.

It's not good for the brand image and would likely turn off a lot of buyers. Everything is cyclical. There will come a time when AD's and boutiques will be hurting for sales. They will regret some of these practices they do today and it will come back to haunt them.
I think we need to be clear and stop calling these boutiques unless they are owned by AP. In my mind they are nothing more than an AD that built out a store (instead of a section of a store) for a particular brand. From my perspective, Vegas, Miami, LA, etc. is Westime, nothing more.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 08:11 AM   #12
STLrolexfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660 JC
If I was part of AP corporate I’d be very unhappy that one of my ADs who have built out a boutique just for AP was using APs as leverage to sell *other brands’* watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STLrolexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 08:15 AM   #13
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I think we need to be clear and stop calling these boutiques unless they are owned by AP. In my mind they are nothing more than an AD that built out a store (instead of a section of a store) for a particular brand. From my perspective, Vegas, Miami, LA, etc. is Westime, nothing more.
Excellent point, unfortunately thought Vegas boutique is owned 50/50 by AP and Westime and thought that corporate has some sort of say but obviously I was wrong. I could still swear the manager in vegas told me this 8 months ago that it's joint venture with AP but I guess Im wrong.
Old 8 August 2020, 10:21 AM   #14
drgoro
"TRF" Member

I’m transparent. I’ve spent over $65k w this store. Here’s the ‘proof’ picture I sent before they pulled the switcheroo on me , same guys I’ve dealt with over the past couple years, same number, no phishing. I have a WhatsApp text stream, just pure greed, short term gain for long term loss

Old 8 August 2020, 10:29 AM   #15
drgoro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Excellent point, unfortunately thought Vegas boutique is owned 50/50 by AP and Westime and thought that corporate has some sort of say but obviously I was wrong. I could still swear the manager in vegas told me this 8 months ago that it's joint venture with AP but I guess Im wrong.

In all my interactions they pride themselves on being a ‘boutique’ just short of seeing their operating agreement, I wouldn’t have reason to doubt them. Point taken though.

Old 8 August 2020, 10:45 AM   #16
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m transparent. I’ve spent over $65k w this store. Here’s the ‘proof’ picture I sent before they pulled the switcheroo on me , same guys I’ve dealt with over the past couple years, same number, no phishing. I have a WhatsApp text stream, just pure greed, short term gain for long term loss

love the little collection and did you get the new 44mm green ROO from them recently ? or did you go grey ?

I think I have to change my attitude and listen to what Scott said above... unless you can spend some real serious $ - grey is the way to go... I think it just takes time and knowledge to get comfortable with spending so much money at a place where I'm not there in person and sippin' on some tasty bubbly while picking up my watch.
Old 8 August 2020, 10:52 AM   #17
drgoro
"TRF" Member

All from that particular store. The rest of the AP stuff predates them.

Old 8 August 2020, 11:19 AM   #18
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
What's the AP you were planning on buying?
Old 8 August 2020, 01:52 PM   #19
Breizh
"TRF" Member

There's a pretty recent interview of AP CEO (Francois-Henry Bennahmias) talking about getting rid of ADs and switching everything to AP owned boutiques for that reason (among others).
An AD will play one brand against another to help their bottom line.

I have a SS sport Patek and Rolex both bought from greys for that exact reason. The story at the beginning always changes right before purchase.
Breizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 04:05 PM   #20
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breizh View Post
There's a pretty recent interview of AP CEO (Francois-Henry Bennahmias) talking about getting rid of ADs and switching everything to AP owned boutiques for that reason (among others).
An AD will play one brand against another to help their bottom line.

I have a SS sport Patek and Rolex both bought from greys for that exact reason. The story at the beginning always changes right before purchase.
Pretty sure it’s the same interview where he mentions partnering up with ADs to open up mono- brand boutiques just
Like the ones we are complaining about. Maybe westime in Miami is still multi- brand but most are AP only boutiques but they still act like store in store ADs favoring big spending clients from other brands across their stores.
Old 8 August 2020, 08:30 PM   #21
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Another day another Westime post another terrible experience. I wish these guys would just shut down already. They are rude and entitled with a bad attitude. Before I knew about serious watches I was turned off by the store before even knowing about the AP brand, you can say I had a bad non-watch related experience with these guys.

LOL at another member saying where you were phished. This is typical Westime behavior.

OP best to take your money to an AD or grey.
myporsche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2020, 01:21 AM   #22
305watchcollector
"TRF" Member

West time is horrible. Have had the worst experiences there.
305watchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2020, 03:35 AM   #23
dauster
"TRF" Member

Out of all AP point of sales in the US, how many does Westime own ? Pretty horrible if AP basically has only two corporate owned boutiques that try to give customers a fair chance.
Old 9 August 2020, 03:44 AM   #24
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

So they actually told you that you must buy a $10K Longines to move forward in AP, to protect AP?

I need to check this place out!
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2020, 05:02 AM   #25
eiesh
"TRF" Member

OP, which model were you about to purchase ?

eiesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2020, 05:37 AM   #26
drgoro
"TRF" Member

I wanted a 26331ST blue chrono, it’s not even that premium of a watch. Most greys are equivalent to the MSRP + sales tax, so really no difference to me at this point. They just burnt a bridge for $2k. Idiots

Old 9 August 2020, 06:03 AM   #27
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
I wanted a 26331ST blue chrono, it’s not even that premium of a watch. Most greys are equivalent to the MSRP + sales tax, so really no difference to me at this point. They just burnt a bridge for $2k. Idiots
This is just crazy to pull this on an easily attainable model. I'd get it gray and go back and wear it. I'm sure they won't care, but at least make it known you saw through their crap.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2020, 10:39 AM   #28
jz112896
"TRF" Member

They are going to lose AP license soon. My sales offered me one 26331 with any dial color. And I passed it.
jz112896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2020, 11:09 PM   #29
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, this is quite common. I am fairly turned off by the attitude I've received lately from some of the brands. Unlike you, I have not spent $65K with any particular store, but still would like to inquire about a timepiece for an upcoming milestone.

I'd appreciate an honest, "Look, we have a waiting list that is 3 years short, and if you want to get on it, I can put your name down" over "show a picture of your collection and then buy some watch you don't want."

Not to get personal, but at times this boutique experience feels like a trip to a DMV where a person on the other side of the table just has to have a short power trip while interacting with you.
Old 9 August 2020, 11:15 PM   #30
MiamiCollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26331OR
Hi everyone - Long time lurker but felt compelled to create an account and share my experience dealing with this boutique.

This is by far, the worst run luxury point of sale I have ever dealt with. The manager there is arrogant, corrupt, disrespectful and should not be representing AP (or any other brand for that manner.) Early on, I made the mistake of referring friends and colleagues to this boutique only to be treated poorly, disrespected, and ultimately turned off to AP (and watches in general) due to the attitude and corporate culture inculcated by the manager at this boutique.

I sincerely hope someone at AP reads this thread and takes action as this boutique is damaging the image and reputation of their brand.
MiamiCollector is offline   Reply With Quote