The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 November 2016, 04:09 AM   #61
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
I'm on three waiting lists now. Number 8 on one, number 34 on another and unknown position on the third. I WILL get my BLNR one day!!
Chrisbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 04:42 AM   #62
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbuer View Post
I'm on three waiting lists now. Number 8 on one, number 34 on another and unknown position on the third. I WILL get my BLNR one day!!
Hang in there!!! BLNR is an incredible watch and well worth it.
What's always worked for me is not being afraid to travel around ADs or phone around (but visiting works better)
I've sourced an SS Daytona, BLNR and new Air-King.

Don't be afraid to jump on a train or go a drive out a bit and you will be rewarded I'm sure!
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 05:07 AM   #63
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Hang in there!!! BLNR is an incredible watch and well worth it.
What's always worked for me is not being afraid to travel around ADs or phone around (but visiting works better)
I've sourced an SS Daytona, BLNR and new Air-King.

Don't be afraid to jump on a train or go a drive out a bit and you will be rewarded I'm sure!
I'm willing to drive anywhere with it reason (i.e. Somewhere I can drive too and from in a day). The furthest AD I've tried is 3 hours away.

The problem is finding places with stock. It's mainly through recommendations on here that I'm finding avenues of possibility so please keep adding any new places to try if you know of any.

I've given up with ADs in London as most have closed their books due to demand. Local ADs seem better and that's where I seem to be making the best progress.

I remain convinced that there is an AD in the country with this watch is in stock and a single phone call with secure it. But it's a bit like playing the lottery and my luck isn't in yet....
Old 19 November 2016, 05:52 AM   #64
Ewellblue
"TRF" Member

Was working in T4 Heathrow last night and they had a great ss selection
Sub no date
Sub bluesy
GMT LN
Seadweller
Sub date
New Yacht-Master Grey and blue
And a few others, asked about the Daytona they have not seen one yet.
All at 20% under UK list price!!
Ewellblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 05:58 AM   #65
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm willing to drive anywhere with it reason (i.e. Somewhere I can drive too and from in a day). The furthest AD I've tried is 3 hours away.

The problem is finding places with stock. It's mainly through recommendations on here that I'm finding avenues of possibility so please keep adding any new places to try if you know of any.

I've given up with ADs in London as most have closed their books due to demand. Local ADs seem better and that's where I seem to be making the best progress.

I remain convinced that there is an AD in the country with this watch is in stock and a single phone call with secure it. But it's a bit like playing the lottery and my luck isn't in yet....
You will get there!!
Also speak to places like Swiss watch co (watches.co.uk). They're nice guys and will potentially add you to a list should they get a nearly new one.

I got my BLNR 2 years ago and it is a fantastic looking watch!
Old 19 November 2016, 05:59 AM   #66
Berno9
"TRF" Member

FYI

Goldsmiths Liverpool have opened a new boutique and have a great range of stock in!
Berno9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 06:33 AM   #67
OG10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berno9 View Post
FYI

Goldsmiths Liverpool have opened a new boutique and have a great range of stock in!
This is where I got my hulk from!

Jane & Allan were super helpful, Allan was the one who knew all the models I wanted. Nice chap!
OG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 07:09 AM   #68
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
Quote:
Im on 3 also for the BLNR - #3 on one (Apparently), #10 on another, and mystery on the 3rd
Old 19 November 2016, 07:27 AM   #69
sahcivan
Banned

Watch: ing you watch me
WOS in brighton have a rose gold yachtmaster in the window.
And the grey and blue dial yachtmaster too
sahcivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 07:27 AM   #70
Andybaird22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berno9 View Post
FYI

What they got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andybaird22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 07:54 AM   #71
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You will get there!!
Also speak to places like Swiss watch co (watches.co.uk). They're nice guys and will potentially add you to a list should they get a nearly new one.

I got my BLNR 2 years ago and it is a fantastic looking watch!
Oh I know I'll get there eventually. My local town has just opened a new flagship Goldsmiths and that's where I seem to be making the most progress. The manager there also told me that they are seeing more stock being a new store and Rolex are keen to help them clear their backlog. Not sure how true this is but they do seem to have a good selection in. Last time I was in they showed me the steel and yellow gold GMT (116713LN) and offered it to me. They also had the white gold Pepsi in along with a yacht master and a few others.

I said the GMT was very nice but that I'd probably wait for the BLNR. Anyway the manager said "what if I had a BLNR that you could look at to compare? Then she went to the safe and brought out the BLNR, telling me that it was allocated but that I could see it to compare.

So they are getting them albeit slowly. I just wonder if I went in there with my card ready to pay, that they might buckle and sell me one if it was in. By the sounds of things, they get a lot of people putting their names down and they don't really have any intention of buying, especially now that the price has gone up.
Old 19 November 2016, 05:31 PM   #72
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh I know I'll get there eventually. My local town has just opened a new flagship Goldsmiths and that's where I seem to be making the most progress. The manager there also told me that they are seeing more stock being a new store and Rolex are keen to help them clear their backlog. Not sure how true this is but they do seem to have a good selection in. Last time I was in they showed me the steel and yellow gold GMT (116713LN) and offered it to me. They also had the white gold Pepsi in along with a yacht master and a few others.

I said the GMT was very nice but that I'd probably wait for the BLNR. Anyway the manager said "what if I had a BLNR that you could look at to compare? Then she went to the safe and brought out the BLNR, telling me that it was allocated but that I could see it to compare.

So they are getting them albeit slowly. I just wonder if I went in there with my card ready to pay, that they might buckle and sell me one if it was in. By the sounds of things, they get a lot of people putting their names down and they don't really have any intention of buying, especially now that the price has gone up.
So you got to see one and try one on?
They look amazing don't they? :)
Old 19 November 2016, 05:47 PM   #73
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So you got to see one and try one on?
They look amazing don't they? :)
Yes it's stunning in person and made me want it even more. I tried to buy it but no luck haha.
Old 20 November 2016, 12:19 AM   #74
RH9900
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, BLNR, speedy
FYI. Selfridges wonder room has a DSSD, two tone sub (black) and two tone GMT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaeger Le-Coultre 1538530 Master Control Chronograph
RH9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 01:47 AM   #75
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Well I'm number 5 on the list now at my local AD for the BLNR (was 8th about two weeks ago so it's moving). They're getting about one watch a month but it seems people are dropping out as they move up the list.

I'm hoping that in the run up to Christmas, the people in front of me decide not to invest and open the path for me

However, more likely that it'll be around January / February time before I see my watch. I'll get there eventually....
Old 22 November 2016, 02:47 AM   #76
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
My Local AD does have a 116610LN sitting next to the usual suspects which is the first Sub I've seen in an AD window for a while.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 03:55 AM   #77
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
My Local AD does have a 116610LN sitting next to the usual suspects which is the first Sub I've seen in an AD window for a while.
Let me guess what these usual suspects are :

EXP2
Milgauss
YM Rhodium
About a million datejusts lol
Old 22 November 2016, 05:01 AM   #78
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7 114060

I spotted this 114060 yesterday afternoon in the Watches of Switzerland window that's across the street from Selfridges.
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 05:13 AM   #79
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Well spotted!!! Someone will snap that up at £5,450
Old 22 November 2016, 05:23 AM   #80
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Let me guess what these usual suspects are :

EXP2
Milgauss
YM Rhodium
About a million datejusts lol
Pretty much!

I would say I've seen more of the blue YM then the rhodium!

Don't forget to add the SS YMII now that's in pretty much every Rolex window display.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 05:27 AM   #81
GMTMasterDallas
"TRF" Member

It sounds like either the dealer you're working with is full of a bunch of bums or they're not an authorized Rolex dealer. The black sub w/ date is the most common Oyster Professional model they get. They'll have those coming out of their ears. Go to a real Rolex dealer and you'll get a black Sub in a matter of seconds... Same goes for the Hulk (green Sub). If they don't have the Hulk in stock, they can easily order it for you (no waitlist)... It's not like it's a Ceramic Daytona. You should be able to walk in there and get what you want, and if not, have it delivered to you in about a week or so.
GMTMasterDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 05:28 AM   #82
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTMasterDallas View Post
It sounds like either the dealer you're working with is full of a bunch of bums or they're not an authorized Rolex dealer. The black sub w/ date is the most common Oyster Professional model they get. They'll have those coming out of their ears. Go to a real Rolex dealer and you'll get a black Sub in a matter of seconds... Same goes for the Hulk (green Sub). If they don't have the Hulk in stock, they can easily order it for you (no waitlist)... It's not like it's a Ceramic Daytona. You should be able to walk in there and get what you want, and if not, have it delivered to you in about a week or so.
Clearly you know nothing about the market in the UK.
Old 22 November 2016, 06:35 AM   #83
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
*Sigh* :
It may be worth reading the thread.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 06:47 AM   #84
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
These are all fully fledged authorised Rolex dealers. There simply isn't enough stock to meet demand. I've phoned most of the authorised dealers in London and only a handful are willing to put you on their waiting list as most have closed their books due to over subscribed demand.

I've even gone in waving my card and offering to buy there and then but they can't offer me what they don't have. To give you an idea, one of the largest ADs I spoke with (a mainstream national dealer) is getting one BLNR a month! With a waiting list of over 60, you can do the math.
Old 22 November 2016, 06:53 AM   #85
psv
"TRF" Member

It is a joke trying to buy a ss sport Rolex in the UK, take a long weekend anywhere else, e.g. Amsterdam and buy one there.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 06:54 AM   #86
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Perhaps you could organize it from your end and have it delivered direct to his door in the UK just in time for Xmas
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 06:56 AM   #87
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
These are all fully fledged authorised Rolex dealers. There simply isn't enough stock to meet demand. I've phoned most of the authorised dealers in London and only a handful are willing to put you on their waiting list as most have closed their books due to over subscribed demand.

I've even gone in waving my card and offering to buy there and then but they can't offer me what they don't have. To give you an idea, one of the largest ADs I spoke with (a mainstream national dealer) is getting one BLNR a month! With a waiting list of over 60, you can do the math.
Be that as it may.
The math is based on a different type of equation on the other side of the Atlantic.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 07:01 AM   #88
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
We just like moaning... and photoshopping the clear abundance of Subs out of AD window pics
Old 22 November 2016, 08:06 AM   #89
Yousefsl
"TRF" Member

I just picked up a 2016 Air King in London from Watches of Switzerland the one just facing Selfridges.

I was really surprised they had one in stock, I wasn't even on the waiting list, it's a lovely watch for a great price the fact that it has the same anti magnetic protection as the Milgauss is a real bonus.

Here's a picture of her in action.

Yousefsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2016, 08:11 AM   #90
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousefsl View Post
I just picked up a 2016 Air King in London from Watches of Switzerland the one just facing Selfridges.

I was really surprised they had one in stock, I wasn't even on the waiting list, it's a lovely watch for a great price the fact that it has the same anti magnetic protection as the Milgauss is a real bonus.

Here's a picture of her in action.

Amazing!!!! Well shopped and looks great!!
I love my AK, it's a great watch!!

Tags
scarcity , united kingdom