The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 August 2019, 03:22 AM   #91
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
I think they are evolving as a company. The old paneristis of the past might be gone but they are targeting a different type of clientele. I am a newbie rifled through many brands Ap, rolex, iwc, you name it. What they are doing is raising there's price points bringing out exotic material and we as customers get use to paying those prices. Before you can by 3 Paneris for under 20 now you can buy 2 . New customers are use to it. I truly think it's coming back strong.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 04:08 AM   #92
nick c
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synequano View Post
Rolex is a bit too vanilla...like a lexus car,itís good,reliable but boring..whereas Panerai is a bit like Ferrari...exotic and different but itís simply not for everyone (I wonít say itís not for small wristed bunch as I have relatively small wrist but my daily wear is 47mm pam 375,itís been almost 2 months on my wrist)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 11:12 AM   #93
multimedia
2019 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2010 View Post
Honestly, I dont want the people that compare everything to Rolex to buy Panerai. Please just continue buying your Subs and Daytonas like good little sheeple. It really gets old listening to some of the same old horseshit from people who really aren't and never were fans of the brand.

Rolex is a great brand and as an entrepreneur I really love their business history and how they are actually a charitable organization. I bet 99.9% of the Rolex sheeple dont even know that. With that being said, Panerai is something totally different than anything out there. Panerai has great history and has a great story as well but let's not forget that the MODERN Panerai is only 20+ years old. Also remember Panerai is not TRYING to be all things to all people. It's always going to produce 50-70,000 watches a year and has no intentions of making 700,000 to 1,000,000 like Rolex.

So just stop with all the nonsense. Either buy a Pam and enjoy it or don't.
Couldn't agree with you more, Dan. Very well said

Cheers,
Joe
Old 19 August 2019, 11:34 AM   #94
brandrea
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post

Old 19 August 2019, 12:48 PM   #95
lianghee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam, AP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick c View Post

Sick
lianghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 10:36 PM   #96
nick c
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianghee View Post
Sick

nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 10:04 AM   #97
Mystro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2010 View Post
Honestly, I dont want the people that compare everything to Rolex to buy Panerai. Please just continue buying your Subs and Daytonas like good little sheeple. It really gets old listening to some of the same old horseshit from people who really aren't and never were fans of the brand.

Rolex is a great brand and as an entrepreneur I really love their business history and how they are actually a charitable organization. I bet 99.9% of the Rolex sheeple dont even know that. With that being said, Panerai is something totally different than anything out there. Panerai has great history and has a great story as well but let's not forget that the MODERN Panerai is only 20+ years old. Also remember Panerai is not TRYING to be all things to all people. It's always going to produce 50-70,000 watches a year and has no intentions of making 700,000 to 1,000,000 like Rolex.

So just stop with all the nonsense. Either buy a Pam and enjoy it or don't.
This is exactly why I am migrating away from Rolex. Even owning the ďhotĒ Rolex models it is a bit too conventional for my style. After 30 years with Rolex ownership I am sick where the brand has gone. Itís certainly not about the watches or owners.
Panerai has always struck a chord with me years ago. Rolex are commodity flippers. I am a enthusiast.

Like wearing a a LaFerrari on the wrist.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote