The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 July 2019, 06:33 AM   #1
Watchesnyc106
"TRF" Member

Tiffany Production

Any idea how many Nautilus and Aquanauts they produce a year with the Tiffany stamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watchesnyc106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 06:41 AM   #2
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I wonder if you broke into their production facility over the weekend and stamped like 2000 watches what would happen :)
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 06:55 AM   #3
d11n
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes
d11n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 07:15 AM   #4
HauteHorlogerie
Banned

Watch: 519LN | 64A
Too many at this point.
HauteHorlogerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 07:43 AM   #5
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

The question should actually be: How many Pateks are allocated to Tiffany NYC as an AD?

Patek produces ZERO Nautiluses and Aquanauts with the Tiffany stamp. :) The stamp is added after the fact, before they go into Tiffany's invenory.

The answer to that question is no different from asking how many Pateks does any AD get. The fundamental difference is that all non-Grand Complications (except some of the "simpler" perps) get stamped before going into Tiffany NYC's inventory.

All Tiffany Pateks sold by the other authorized Tiffany boutiques (SF, Hawaii, Beverly Hills) come from Tiffany NYC.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 09:48 AM   #6
song2010
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5110P
My understanding is NYC (Kelly) controls distribution and its wildly skewed to none other than Kelly! I actually do not understand how someone has complete control of the allocation when they themselves are a sales rep with bonus/commission, talk about conflict of interest.

Actually surprised that Patek doesn't audit the way Tiffany distributes or decides allocations. I know it has been brought up in the past.
song2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 10:45 AM   #7
tchaic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Heuer 2000
Kelly is amazing at making friends and spreading Patek love but not sure she controls distribution. But for a fun friend in the watch game I highly recommend getting to know her.
tchaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 11:08 AM   #8
Speedmasterjon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by song2010 View Post
My understanding is NYC (Kelly) controls distribution and its wildly skewed to none other than Kelly! I actually do not understand how someone has complete control of the allocation when they themselves are a sales rep with bonus/commission, talk about conflict of interest.

Actually surprised that Patek doesn't audit the way Tiffany distributes or decides allocations. I know it has been brought up in the past.
Kelly does NOT control distribution. She attempts to place the pieces in the hands of collectors who actually want to collect the watches, and aren’t emotionally invested now that the market is hot. You sound like every other butt hurt collector out there who wants wants wants now that there is a premium to be had, yet never pulled the trigger when the shit was sitting in the case.

Look, I’m all for having a constructive argument, but your perspective couldn’t be farther from the truth. Plus most of the real collectors aren’t on Instagram and twitter so you’d really have no idea how many anonymous collections are out there. What you see on Instagram is the same regurgitated horseshit.

Get to know her, see what she’s all about, and I can assure you that your tone will change.

-some guy who kinda knows what he’s talking about.
Speedmasterjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 11:11 AM   #9
tchaic
"TRF" Member

What he said!
Old 25 July 2019, 11:18 AM   #10
bzabodyn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek / AP / Rolex
Quote:

Wrong. Just because one person has earned notoriety through social media and has become synonymous with the brand doesn’t equal “she controls production” - Kelly has out worked everyone in the industry wayyyy before the Patek madness of late and now when people can’t get a Nautilus or Aquanaut (not to mention, this isn’t exactly a Tiffany-only problem) its all of a sudden her fault and she’s the enemy. What bullshit. Patek and Tiffany should be putting her on a pedestal for what she’s attributed to the brands and instead she has to defend herself because of bitter entitled collectors.

And yes, I’m a loyal Patek and Tiffany customer and I’m lucky to be able to call Kelly a friend.

BZ
bzabodyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 11:23 AM   #11
tchaic
"TRF" Member

What he said!
Old 25 July 2019, 11:55 AM   #12
alubin
"TRF" Member

Watch: All please!
Quote:

Im really not sure how many of these comments I can read before I leave this forum. A) None of the salespeople at Patek Philippe at tiffany work on commission B) Imagine how tough their job is, they have to say no all day and their allocations aren't enough to cover 1/100th of the demand in this current market. C) Kelly is a good friend of mine, and I'm truly sick of reading the constant flow of dogshit that people post because she wont sell them a watch that most likely they'll flip as soon as the first dealer offer comes in. Grow up, realize that in order to get these pieces you need one or both of the following. 1) a long history with Patek philippe at tiffany 2) A huge Jewelry and watch spend. Its no different than any other ad.
alubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 02:12 PM   #13
WatchYouGonnaDo
"TRF" Member

All the haters should go find something better to do with their lives opposed to attacking Kelly and Tiffany.
WatchYouGonnaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 03:13 PM   #14
Divingdeep87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11n View Post

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Divingdeep87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 03:17 PM   #15
d11n
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejmann View Post
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
d11n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 03:33 PM   #16
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

+1 to everything that was said above.

Furthermore, even if <insert name here> was fully responsible for all allocations of that AD's pieces (i.e., Tiffany), how is that any different from any other AD? Who would you presume makes these decisions? :)
Old 25 July 2019, 03:34 PM   #17
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alubin View Post
Im really not sure how many of these comments I can read before I leave this forum. A) None of the salespeople at Patek Philippe at tiffany work on commission B) Imagine how tough their job is, they have to say no all day and their allocations aren't enough to cover 1/100th of the demand in this current market. C) Kelly is a good friend of mine, and I'm truly sick of reading the constant flow of dogshit that people post because she wont sell them a watch that most likely they'll flip as soon as the first dealer offer comes in. Grow up, realize that in order to get these pieces you need one or both of the following. 1) a long history with Patek philippe at tiffany 2) A huge Jewelry and watch spend. Its no different than any other ad.
Old 25 July 2019, 07:55 PM   #18
Analysing You
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kelly does not control the list per se but having said that she does control who they go to in a way, and rightly so! She wants to ensure these watches are ending up in the right hands and not to people are in it for a quick buck or the instagram photo for the 11 friends.

Kelly is like marmite, you either love her or hate her. I think she is quirky, unique and most importantly passionate about the brand and her clients. I like her a lot.

Analysing You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 08:38 PM   #19
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
Kelly follows me on Instagram. Knows Im a real collector. Yet Ive never approached her (not even a single DM) for anything. I just take it as a hobby.

I won't ever get on the Tiffany stamp list as I don't believe in their jewellery. I can source my own rocks and get them set for a quarter of the price they offer. I can even replicate a turqoise box with a white ribbon for 1/100th of their cost. Just sayin'.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2019, 08:42 PM   #20
dmacintyre
2024 Pledge Member

Out of everyone I have encountered in the sales side of the industry Kelly is the most engaged and engaging. I have had long talks with her about watches and she seems to be genuinely interested in every aspect of the watch world and the people in it. When you actually sit down with her, beneath the intimidating exterior, she’s a real character. I think she, and others in her position at other retailers, unfairly take the brunt of people’s frustration at the scarcity of available pieces. I would guess she sells everything she has so it’s not about commission. She has to make decisions about allocation so probably wants the pieces to go to genuine aficionados, not flippers, arrivistes or bangwagoners. I’d do the same.

Unfortunately I accidentally pissed her off a couple of years ago when I politely turned down a 5167 she offered me in favor of a 15202 (I was very conflicted but felt the Jumbo was a better fit for my lifestyle as it was then). I regret it every day, especially as I now desperately want a Tiffany branded 5711 for my “big” birthday. A 5167 and a 5711 would be perfect for my lifestyle these days but there is a less than zero chance now.
dmacintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2019, 04:30 AM   #21
doctoryellow
"TRF" Member

How does one get to know this Kelly?
doctoryellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2019, 04:43 AM   #22
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoryellow View Post
Drop in the boutique and ask to speak to her would be my guess.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2019, 04:45 AM   #23
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No clue but i think if you bought her toothpick on ebay and returned it to her, that would be a good start
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2019, 04:55 AM   #24
Analysing You
"TRF" Member

Quote:

One does not get to know Kelly, Kelly gets to know you

Analysing You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2019, 07:43 AM   #25
song2010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alubin View Post
Maybe I just had a bad experience - walked in wearing a Patek just to browse did't ask for anything and was treated rudely, no other customer in sight. This has happened to other people as well even some bigger collectors.
I know people who have gotten a 5711/67 from her with no history not even owning a Patek, and other people who have spent hundreds of thousands and are still waiting (from other Tiffany PP reps obviously). She may or may not get true commission but everyone has quotas which dictate compensation in some form. To say otherwise would be negligent. Much easier to sell the hot models than not I don't think you can disagree with me on that. PS: Did you ever ask Kelly where the last stamped 5711 at secondary originated from...

Anyhow that is my personal perspective. I already have a 5711 and no its not Tiffany stamped. I don't expect to ever get a Tiffany stamp because I'm not a big spender or I'm not "Kelly's friend".

If you have a Tiffany stamped 5711 would you make a bet with me to swap that she fairly allocates to her coworkers and other stores?

PS I'm kidding - don't leave this forum, it taught me about watches and I'm grateful for that. We can have a difference of opinion. I just don't appreciate when you say my opinion is "dogshit" and that I need to "grow up".

/end discussion
Old 26 July 2019, 07:49 AM   #26
song2010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
+1 to everything that was said above.

Furthermore, even if <insert name here> was fully responsible for all allocations of that AD's pieces (i.e., Tiffany), how is that any different from any other AD? Who would you presume makes these decisions? :)
=) someone who doesn't have direct compensation tied to how allocations are distributed i.e. management level
Old 26 July 2019, 07:57 AM   #27
song2010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmasterjon View Post
Kelly does NOT control distribution. She attempts to place the pieces in the hands of collectors who actually want to collect the watches, and aren’t emotionally invested now that the market is hot. You sound like every other butt hurt collector out there who wants wants wants now that there is a premium to be had, yet never pulled the trigger when the shit was sitting in the case.

Look, I’m all for having a constructive argument, but your perspective couldn’t be farther from the truth. Plus most of the real collectors aren’t on Instagram and twitter so you’d really have no idea how many anonymous collections are out there. What you see on Instagram is the same regurgitated horseshit.

Get to know her, see what she’s all about, and I can assure you that your tone will change.

-some guy who kinda knows what he’s talking about.
Speedmaster John - That's right I'm a butthurt collector -

I'm not talking about instagram btw, and yeah I bought a 5711 at retail.

A constructive argument is usually without name calling but what do I know?

-some guy who also kinda knows what he's talking about =)
Old 26 July 2019, 08:00 AM   #28
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
=) someone who doesn't have direct compensation tied to how allocations are distributed i.e. management level
Yes but those same incentives exist with smaller ADs too. If I own the store, and I'm making those decisions, my compensation is technically tied to how the allocs are distributed.
Old 26 July 2019, 08:05 AM   #29
song2010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Yes but those same incentives exist with smaller ADs too. If I own the store, and I'm making those decisions, my compensation is technically tied to how the allocs are distributed.
Except Tiffany is not a smaller AD or a single store. An owner benefits from all, a person with conflict of interest gains at others expense. Unless Kelly owns Tiffany then I retract all my comments and sincerely apologize, but the last time I looked she's not CEO or the majority shareholder.
Old 26 July 2019, 08:37 AM   #30
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Except Tiffany is not a smaller AD or a single store. An owner benefits from all, a person with conflict of interest gains at others expense. Unless Kelly owns Tiffany then I retract all my comments and sincerely apologize, but the last time I looked she's not CEO or the majority shareholder.
What I'm trying to say is that the resulting experience to the consumer (us) is he same.

Someone controls who gets what, when, and how. Doesn't matter if it's the CEO, a single senior salesperson, the store manager, or the single store owner.

There's no such thing as conflicts of interest with respect to single customer sales here. These are luxury goods sold in such small quantities.

Tags
tiffany & co. , tiffany dial