The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 February 2020, 03:20 AM   #91
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
You sir, rock.

Thank you for the list of recommendations and your take on them. I will have this handy and try them as the opportunity arises.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone needs a Vetiver.
Datejust_bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 03:30 AM   #92
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny325 View Post
I buy my Creed fragrances from Neiman Marcus. I would never buy from fragrancenet. If you have doubt, then do without.

I was very skeptical at first but after getting my first bottle (green Irish tweed) from them, I have no doubts—they’re legit. I have legit samples I got from Saks to compare. Just recently got my second purchase from them. Now I’m happy I don’t have to pay double the price for the same stuff.

ruffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 01:40 AM   #93
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffa View Post
I was very skeptical at first but after getting my first bottle (green Irish tweed) from them, I have no doubts—they’re legit. I have legit samples I got from Saks to compare. Just recently got my second purchase from them. Now I’m happy I don’t have to pay double the price for the same stuff.

Silver mountain water is quite amazing. It’s not a scent you’ll smell everywhere but it’s so aptly named.

Bond no 9 has a similar scent called Hampton’s but it’s not quite as good as silver mountain water.
Old 7 February 2020, 02:22 AM   #94
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datejust_bass View Post
Silver mountain water is quite amazing. It’s not a scent you’ll smell everywhere but it’s so aptly named.

Bond no 9 has a similar scent called Hampton’s but it’s not quite as good as silver mountain water.

I like it. It seems lighter than the green Irish tweed but I get more hours on the silver mountain.

Old 7 February 2020, 03:36 AM   #95
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
I like it. It seems lighter than the green Irish tweed but I get more hours on the silver mountain.

If you want something in between, milliseme imperial has an edge that silver mountain water does not—both are similar to me.. I can’t decide which I like better. They’re both amazing. Green Irish tweed is stunning too.
Old 7 February 2020, 03:48 AM   #96
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 16570
Quote:

I was skeptical too. Bought first the silver mountain water, then the green irish tweed, and just picked up the scent of peace. They are all legit, can’t decide which I like more!

DoubleJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 03:57 AM   #97
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you want something in between, milliseme imperial has an edge that silver mountain water does not—both are similar to me.. I can’t decide which I like better. They’re both amazing. Green Irish tweed is stunning too.

My brother just got the Millesime imperial so if that doesn’t become his signature scent, I will give it a try. I couldn’t figure out the scent entirely but it smelled more sweet than the silver mountain. Not sure if that’s the case.

Old 7 February 2020, 04:04 AM   #98
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
I was skeptical too. Bought first the silver mountain water, then the green irish tweed, and just picked up the scent of peace. They are all legit, can’t decide which I like more!

We’re twinning! I bought scent of peace sample and although it’s good and citrusy, it really reminds me of dolce & gabbana light blue which costs 1/4 of the price

Old 7 February 2020, 07:01 AM   #99
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
My brother just got the Millesime imperial so if that doesn’t become his signature scent, I will give it a try. I couldn’t figure out the scent entirely but it smelled more sweet than the silver mountain. Not sure if that’s the case.

I can’t quite grasp the imperial... I wear it from time to time and love it. But I like silver mountain too. They’re both very natural in smell. I’m not sure either will garner compliments... they’re just appealing in all ways possible.
Old 7 February 2020, 11:36 AM   #100
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We’re twinning! I bought scent of peace sample and although it’s good and citrusy, it really reminds me of dolce & gabbana light blue which costs 1/4 of the price

I really like the scent of peace. I’ll have to check out light blue! Thanks for the tip.

Old 8 February 2020, 11:11 PM   #101
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
I really like the scent of peace. I’ll have to check out light blue! Thanks for the tip.

There’s no comparison in quality between these two. I apologize for saying so. Bond no 9 is in a different league regarding quality.
Old 8 February 2020, 11:42 PM   #102
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I have a friend who works in the fragrance industry and he said that fragrancenet is a legit site and the best to buy discounted products. He said only issue is you need to look at the manufacture code to see when it was made, you most likely will be getting products that are years old. In fragrance that's not a big deal but everything has a shelf life
bgolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 04:10 AM   #103
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There’s no comparison in quality between these two. I apologize for saying so. Bond no 9 is in a different league regarding quality.

Thanks! I’ll still check it out, I like designer fragrances too. I found this one to be unique, so I’m excited to try the light blue now too!

Old 9 February 2020, 05:10 AM   #104
Datejust_bass
Banned

Today , bond no 9 platinum Dubai arrived.. its certainly real.. it’s not cheap at 250$... but saks has it for 550$ . The batch number signifies it was made in 2019. This is a funky middle eastern scent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 67B0A928-CF67-4B0C-BC08-7CF2E0B2F7AE.jpeg (28.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpeg 44F4EC46-F2B0-42E0-8BC6-D2563BBE0BDF.jpeg (80.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpeg 0EF4D69F-DB62-48DD-9304-D99929767E8E.jpeg (87.5 KB, 132 views)
Old 9 February 2020, 08:32 AM   #105
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Today , bond no 9 platinum Dubai arrived.. its certainly real.. it’s not cheap at 250$... but saks has it for 550$ . The batch number signifies it was made in 2019. This is a funky middle eastern scent.

Cool! I wonder what it smells like. My friend bought a fragrance for himself while in Dubai. After he ran out he tried buying it online but none of the fragrance sites had it. He found it only on a website in Dubai but they don’t ship to USA so he’s planning on going back there for the fragrance. I didn’t get a chance to smell the fragrance.

Old 9 February 2020, 02:41 PM   #106
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Cool! I wonder what it smells like. My friend bought a fragrance for himself while in Dubai. After he ran out he tried buying it online but none of the fragrance sites had it. He found it only on a website in Dubai but they don’t ship to USA so he’s planning on going back there for the fragrance. I didn’t get a chance to smell the fragrance.

I’d say that’s crazy but I paid 10k for a watch.. can you ask him what scent... I get tired of ouds...

I’m thinking of grabbing another Andy tauer, rose incense. Ask your friend about that scent. When he replies he doesn’t know it ask him about white castles. I jest. Please ask him or her seriously what Dubai scent. The bond no 9 Dubai scents are reportedly made (designed) by a perfumer from Dubai.
I’d love to try Kashkha..

I sprayed tauer lone star memories on and dined at a Mexican restaurant earlier. The lady hostess was freaked out by the scent. She said nothing, but sniffed the air a bit. That scent smells like floating asteroid dust in space. I’m saving the bond Dubai platinum for tomorrow. I tried it last weekend in sample and it’s stunning. I want to throw away the box but my wife wants to keep’it. If anyone from bond no 9 reads this. Why not ditch the case, sparkling bottles,and charge less... let the perfume speak for itself. The best colognes or perfumes come in the most plain of bottles. I adore bond s bottles, but they’re just way overpriced for what their fragrances are. Wall Street is nice but it’s a semi clone of green Irish tweed. I own both.

Dubai platinum, you asked how it smells, smells like an old church , the oils and candles mixed with iron candle holders.. with a hint of burnt cotton candy.as it dries, it morphs into campfire smoke and incense myrrh.
Old 9 February 2020, 02:41 PM   #107
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Y’all some enablers... Silver Mountain Water incoming, extra $25 off with Amex platinum card offer.

I’ll probably order some Green Irish Tweed from Costco at some point.
Kneecough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2020, 04:17 AM   #108
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Buying scents from Fragrancenet.com?

Quote:
. That scent smells like floating asteroid dust in space.

That’s got to be the best description of a scent. Makes me want to buy it. 10k for a watch isn’t much considering you probably have about 10k worth of fragrances laying around your house. The hulk is beautiful but I decided it’s too green for me after a few years of wearing it almost daily.

I asked my buddy what the fragrance was. It’s Silver flame by Unique. Never heard of it.
Old 10 February 2020, 08:16 AM   #109
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
That’s got to be the best description of a scent. Makes me want to buy it. 10k for a watch isn’t much considering you probably have about 10k worth of fragrances laying around your house. The hulk is beautiful but I decided it’s too green for me after a few years of wearing it almost daily.

I asked my buddy what the fragrance was. It’s Silver flame by Unique. Never heard of it.
Thanks. I’ll check this out. Agreed. The hulk is my fav piece currently. Lone star m memories is weird. Andy tauter makes weird fragrances... I’ve only smelled two of his, though. His desert du morocain is like a wild stallion. It lasts 15 hours and smells like sand.
Old 11 February 2020, 04:15 AM   #110
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Thanks. I’ll check this out. Agreed. The hulk is my fav piece currently. Lone star m memories is weird. Andy tauter makes weird fragrances... I’ve only smelled two of his, though. His desert du morocain is like a wild stallion. It lasts 15 hours and smells like sand.
Andy Tauer is a real independent perfumer artist. Some of his scents are quite challenging. They’re not for everyone and I don’t think any would be considered mass appealing.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2020, 01:31 PM   #111
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
Andy Tauer is a real independent perfumer artist. Some of his scents are quite challenging. They’re not for everyone and I don’t think any would be considered mass appealing.
Tauer lone star memories is amazing but I’m not sure it’s perfume... it smells like a dustpan on a space station.
Old 15 February 2020, 12:31 AM   #112
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
Have you or anyone else ever smelled ds Durga burning barber shop... is it wearable.
Old 15 February 2020, 12:46 AM   #113
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have you or anyone else ever smelled ds Durga burning barber shop... is it wearable.

I haven’t. Has anyone tried Lalique pour Homme or Equus? Some wearable stuff as well.
Old 17 February 2020, 12:15 AM   #114
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
I haven’t. Has anyone tried Lalique pour Homme or Equus? Some wearable stuff as well.
Not heard of these.
Old 17 February 2020, 12:20 AM   #115
Datejust_bass
Banned

I used a coupon on this site and ordered creed royal oud. I’m very curious to se if this is anything special. I ordered the tester bottle for 45$ off, so I’ll be letting everyone know how testers fare from this site. No box, no cap, a gamble, but based on basenotes reviews, testers are legit. I’ve certainly bought testers from other sites in past with no issues. Who needs a cap anyway.

I also grabbed bond no 9 Dubai jade for my wife, a tester as well.

We’ll have to see how royal oud is. I smelled it nyc and wasn’t overly impressed, but liked it hours later . That’s how creed is.... at first nothing special, but hours later you appreciate it more and more. There’s zero oud in the scent, I recall, which is fine by me.
Old 22 February 2020, 04:40 AM   #116
Starmaker
"TRF" Member

The presumption here is that their business model is based on buying overstock from department stores and fragrance brands, unpacking it all, watering it down, repackaging it all, and selling it to us at a severely discounted rate.
Starmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 06:09 AM   #117
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmaker View Post
The presumption here is that their business model is based on buying overstock from department stores and fragrance brands, unpacking it all, watering it down, repackaging it all, and selling it to us at a severely discounted rate.
Your presumption is inaccurate. I have now purchased from both department stores and fragrancenet and the product is the same.
Kneecough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2020, 02:52 PM   #118
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmaker View Post
I’ve never had a problem with this site... bond no 9 is the most litigious fragrance company in existence.... they’d never allow fragrance net to sell their product out of New York USA if they watered things down. I apologize, but that’s absurd to think they’re decanting half bottles and filling with water etc .. they sell 75,000 bottles of fragrance each year according to basenotes members.. unboxing bottles and watering them down would take a staff of 300 people... it would be an impossible operation with their volumes. Unpacking, disconnecting the atomizer, decanting, reboxing, transferring the liquid.. it would be like Breaking Bad , but with 300 workers.

In any case, my stuff from them has been real and verified by saks fifth ave ... and I can’t discern any difference between saks or fragrance net..

Fragrance x is also legitimate. Check out basenotes and you’ll see..
Old 23 February 2020, 01:15 PM   #119
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Three INCOMING

This evil, enabling thread.

These finally arrived today.

Previously had samples of the Aventus, Greed Irish Weed, Me Slime Imperial. My nose is really ignorant. So Mrs Yoda has to tell me if she likes it, then that's what I went with. Aventus & Weed were a go, Slime wasn't.

Quote:
Talisker 18 is in fact a scotch that smells like warriors on fire in a forest.. but Oceanside too.
Unfortunately I couldn't source the 18 locally. So I had to settle for the Distiller's Edition. This one was 2008-2018. Mrs Yoda is out at a function tonight, so I will be home enjoying some forest battles, albeit with just campfires, not catapults with burning vats of pitch.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2020, 02:19 PM   #120
Datejust_bass
Banned

I love talisker... all of it. I received creed royal oud today.. I keep smelling it trying to see or decide if I like it. It’s regal and formal.. I love it for special occasions but don’t like it for casual wear. Yet.

Talisker is my fav scotch. I’ve had berry’s, macallan, ardberg, glen fiddich, and about 50 others.. I can’t begin to list them all. For me,talisker suits my taste and takes me into a different world. I enjoy watching movies while sipping small amounts of talisker.

There was a time years ago I watched all of Valhalla rising , a very strange , yet well filmed movie while drinking talisker 18... and yes it’s hard to find.. the scotch tasted like how the movie looked like it smelled. I’ll repeat that. The movie looked like it smelled like the taste of talisker. And I don’t smoke pot. I don’t do drugs beyond caffeine or small amounts of alcohol. And a bottle of scotch lasts me years so I sip it in very small amounts.

Question.. why can’t all nice restaurants make good,Manhattans (the cocktail)? It’s weird. I’ve had more bad Manhattans lately, including IN Manhattan , NY at places like Keens ..

Enjoy the talisker. It tastes like a battle to me. Or a village set afire by Vikings. Check out Valhalla rising sometime, just the trailer. It’s talisker.