The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 19 January 2020, 10:53 AM   #241
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Way too bad..Sold as new. Polished, Rewrapped with Canal St. plastic. Totally mis represented then ripped off again for almost a thousand dollars, WoW! I bought a Ranger there, (no papers or book of course) but ill never go back. The words out on Authentic Watches. Sorry this happened to you OP.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 04:02 PM   #242
cjcarter134
"TRF" Member

This is a very unfortunate experience. Authenticwatches.com misrepresented the watch they were selling, had less than perfect communication throughout the process, and had taken the restocking fee. They won't have me as a customer. OP thank you for posting this and keeping the community informed.
cjcarter134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 05:07 PM   #243
vrfman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tropical Red Sub
The original Post author, Pls PM me when you get some down time. Thanks
vrfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 11:44 PM   #244
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
The 10% should cover: Refund fee from CC + shipping & insurance they paid for + a little bit of profit for their time.

I think authenticwatches will be fine. They may have missed a dozen sales from here, but they'll be ok in the end. Let's hope their "fully stickered" misleading title is corrected for the future unless they do have fully stickered (factory) watches for sales.
WOW! Mr Luxury, you really are from the moon! Really?! So a retailer lies mid- represents a product, an innocent buyer in good faith purchases relying on their false assertions and when he receives the product sends it back expecting a refund. He is out the funds while the seller drags their feet on the refund and finally they send his funds back minus 900 bucks. The buyer has lost not only the $900 but he is out the cost of shipping the piece back, not to mention the stress of this seller making it difficult to get the refund they did send. Here comes Mr Luxury, who says the seller is entitled to the 900 bucks to pay for their time and costs even “give them a small profit”! That this company could use such deceptive business practices and there would actually be someone who would condone such deception is really indeed from the moon. Very Sad.
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 12:16 AM   #245
PVR
"TRF" Member

Ok brother I'm gonna help you out here. I dont live on west coast and neither do you. Since the seller is probably reading this thread here is what he needs to know.

1. Write one final email letting him know that now is the time to issue the refund in full. Once you sue him you wont accept the refund and will move forward with court fees, damages, service fees, etc. So, its $990 NOW and you wont take $990 later. DONT BLUFF OR POSTURE! If you say it then stick to it.

2. Call the court or file electronically. Here is the court link:
http://www.ventura.courts.ca.gov/small-claims.html

Its inexpensive to sue, takes about an hour of your time and it is effective.
You can also let the seller know that once you file you will also submit a negative review on Yelp and Google and file a claim with the BBB.

Here you go with that:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/moorpark/p...-1236-92003976

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=...b=&vasStoreID=

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/authenticwatches.com

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-we...ticwatches.com

They sell on Amazon and ebay so start with complaints there. Plaster the web with your factual complaint. Dont call them crooks or scammers but words like misleading and deceitful are just fine.

We have an old saying.. if you dont get back your money, you will get your pound of flesh. One way or another make them pay. If they lose even one sale from any of your reviews then you have saved someone else..

Pay it forward and Good Luck..
PVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 07:17 AM   #246
vrfman
"TRF" Member

Great advice!

Well done; make those "used watch sellers" reply in Cali, your jurisdiction; it will cost more for them to buy airline tickets than to give you your money. PM me pls.
Old 23 January 2020, 07:18 AM   #247
vrfman
"TRF" Member

Good advice...

Correction, "watch sellers" with outrageous, non-industry standard fees.
Old 23 January 2020, 08:09 AM   #248
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVR View Post
Ok brother I'm gonna help you out here. I dont live on west coast and neither do you. Since the seller is probably reading this thread here is what he needs to know.

1. Write one final email letting him know that now is the time to issue the refund in full. Once you sue him you wont accept the refund and will move forward with court fees, damages, service fees, etc. So, its $990 NOW and you wont take $990 later. DONT BLUFF OR POSTURE! If you say it then stick to it.

2. Call the court or file electronically. Here is the court link:
http://www.ventura.courts.ca.gov/small-claims.html

Its inexpensive to sue, takes about an hour of your time and it is effective.
You can also let the seller know that once you file you will also submit a negative review on Yelp and Google and file a claim with the BBB.

Here you go with that:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/moorpark/p...-1236-92003976

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=...b=&vasStoreID=

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/authenticwatches.com

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-we...ticwatches.com

They sell on Amazon and ebay so start with complaints there. Plaster the web with your factual complaint. Dont call them crooks or scammers but words like misleading and deceitful are just fine.

We have an old saying.. if you dont get back your money, you will get your pound of flesh. One way or another make them pay. If they lose even one sale from any of your reviews then you have saved someone else..

Pay it forward and Good Luck..
Sir, you are a gem. Sincerely appreciate the advice and insight! I assure you, I will pay it forward! Thanks so much!
streetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 08:09 AM   #249
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrfman View Post
Well done; make those "used watch sellers" reply in Cali, your jurisdiction; it will cost more for them to buy airline tickets than to give you your money. PM me pls.
PM'd!
streetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 10:33 AM   #250
BelovedWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3919J
It's sad to see so many resellers get lazy with condition ratings.... Condition is king
BelovedWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2020, 02:49 PM   #251
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfish View Post
Sir, you are a gem. Sincerely appreciate the advice and insight! I assure you, I will pay it forward! Thanks so much!

Keep us posted. Make this scammer pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 07:56 PM   #252
outdoors_guy
"TRF" Member

Agree that this is not a sales practice that makes me think they are reputable. I think a reasonable interpretation of your email would have been that you meant factory stickers.

Thanks for sharing your experience so that the rest of us now know.
outdoors_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2020, 01:08 PM   #253
milgauss2007
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing your experience. This is definitely a company I've looked at buying from the past but now I'm just going to stay clear.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
milgauss2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2020, 05:54 AM   #254
larryfish
"TRF" Member

Won't the stickers eventually fall off?
larryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 01:16 PM   #255
0-60
"TRF" Member

any updates? Hope you get the 10% back.
0-60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 11:25 PM   #256
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfish View Post
Won't the stickers eventually fall off?
Greeeeeat first post, let's hope they get a lot better than this. Good news is they can only get better...…
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2020, 11:30 PM   #257
Mohawkman450
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
It’s the fine print that always gets ya
Mohawkman450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2020, 01:48 PM   #258
brandontran
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 16528
Stay away from authentic watches.com

Yeah, stay away from them! They are horrible. Purchased and paid for the new omega 007 in October which they promised for April delivery. Got a email and call from them telling it’s out of order! Then they jacked up the price on their website. They are just horrible! Don’t ever deal with them!
brandontran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2020, 04:09 PM   #259
DirtyJohn
"TRF" Member

Staying clear as well!
DirtyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 02:25 PM   #260
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
I was looking at some items on their website. Would never consider buying from them after reading the OP’s experience.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 03:12 PM   #261
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
But the company name says they’re authentic watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 11:09 AM   #262
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Just read most of the thread after watching youtuber Austin Daniels uploading a video on OPs story.

I feel sorry for you OP. I hope you get your 10% restocking fee back. Clearly you've been missold the watch.

This is not a NOS watch, it's been worn and polished. The rounded edges on the case are a clear proof (they should be much sharper, I own this watch). That bezel looks bad, either poorly refinished or mistreated. The sandblasted finish requires special skills. RSCs have a dedicated machine to save time and return it to like new condition. Searchart did a thread on this, here.

The stickers are such a joke. The back sticker is not even factory either, it should be green, like the one in the attached picture. That's how mine was, along with the red little tapes on the clasp and bracelet.

Screenshot_20200411-023433.jpg

Anyway, hope you get the 10% back and thanks for sharing your story. I never bought from Authentic Watches. I'll make sure it stays like this.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 05:32 AM   #263
tuffness9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710blro
Damn, I actually read through this whole rollercoaster ride of a thread and agree with pretty much everyone in that AW is playing word games. EVERYONW who has little more than a passing interest in watches will understand "stickers" to mean OEM stickers.

The 10% might be hard to get back with all the craziness going on, but I wish you the best and hope this thread stays alive and relevant so it pops up in Google searches for AUTHENTICWATCHES.COM.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
tuffness9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 06:26 AM   #264
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Wow. Thanks for the warning, will stay away from them
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2020, 06:31 AM   #265
barneb10
"TRF" Member

Definitely not worth the time of day or the risk of doing business with.

Also, I would contact your CC/Bank regarding the transaction. You were clearly mislead in this, and a charge back is in order.
barneb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 02:07 PM   #266
speeder617
"TRF" Member

I'm a long time watch enthusiast but new to TRF. I've been lurking on the classifieds and Chrono24 recently checking out prices. I was considering a Kermit and saw one listed on AuthenticWatches. Asked for pics and they wouldn't send. Am I thankful I did a search and found this thread! Sorry OP for your experience and thank you for posting. You saved me a whole lot of trouble! Best of luck and hope you get your 1k back.
speeder617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 02:12 AM   #267
barneb10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder617 View Post
I'm a long time watch enthusiast but new to TRF. I've been lurking on the classifieds and Chrono24 recently checking out prices. I was considering a Kermit and saw one listed on AuthenticWatches. Asked for pics and they wouldn't send. Am I thankful I did a search and found this thread! Sorry OP for your experience and thank you for posting. You saved me a whole lot of trouble! Best of luck and hope you get your 1k back.
When I find a watch I like, I asks lots of questions. If a seller doesn't want to answer my questions, I move on.
barneb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 05:03 AM   #268
speeder617
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneb10 View Post
When I find a watch I like, I asks lots of questions. If a seller doesn't want to answer my questions, I move on.
Exactly. Esp if they refuse to send pics!
speeder617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 05:11 AM   #269
gejay99
"TRF" Member

So you have to look at the entire message. This is what they're saying pretty much.

Their entire business model is to get you to click and they'll bait in you putting the money first so they can source out the watch. Most cases they actually don't have the watch so asking for exact photos right away with today's date or a special phrase that you ask for would secure that photo a legitimate.

If they don't have the watch, you will not get exactly what you were told and would end up being very unhappy. This is a common business model for larger website dealers and it's 75% of what you see on Chrono24. Most of the photos there are stock photos and aren't the actual image of the EXACT what you're being sold to buy.
gejay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 12:32 PM   #270
icnbne
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Omega Seiko
nice
next time i sell a watch, ill make sure i put some scotch tape on it
icnbne is offline   Reply With Quote