The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 December 2019, 04:12 PM   #31
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Have you tried Green Irish Tweed?

Yes, I like it. I can’t decide if I like the SMW or GIT more. SMW is a bit sweeter/fresher in my opinion but GIT is awesome too. Rotating between the 2 would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ruffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 10:02 AM   #32
Datejust_bass
Banned

A bottle,of aventus just arrived from this site.. fragrance net.. it’s authentic. Paid 302$ usd.

Green Irish tweed is like a Rolex. You just appreciate it more and more as you wear it.. but so,does everyone else. It’s amazing.
Datejust_bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 11:23 AM   #33
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datejust_bass View Post
A bottle,of aventus just arrived from this site.. fragrance net.. it’s authentic. Paid 302$ usd.

Green Irish tweed is like a Rolex. You just appreciate it more and more as you wear it.. but so,does everyone else. It’s amazing.

I going to give the website a shot. Not a big risk even if it’s a watered down bottle lol. Green Irish tweed is probably my favorite. It’s a subtle scent with good longevity and mild sillage. The discovery set I have contains 5 scents. From best to worst;

1. green Irish tweed,
2 or 3. silver mountain water,
2 or 3. Aventus cologne,
4. Aventus,
5. Santal

And even the Santal was okay. I can see myself owning the first 3 in the near future. Btw I got a sample of Nicolai New York intense and it’s definitely intense lol. I’m too young for that scent.
Old 3 January 2020, 11:43 AM   #34
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffa View Post
I going to give the website a shot. Not a big risk even if it’s a watered down bottle lol. Green Irish tweed is probably my favorite. It’s a subtle scent with good longevity and mild sillage. The discovery set I have contains 5 scents. From best to worst;

1. green Irish tweed,
2 or 3. silver mountain water,
2 or 3. Aventus cologne,
4. Aventus,
5. Santal

And even the Santal was okay. I can see myself owning the first 3 in the near future. Btw I got a sample of Nicolai New York intense and it’s definitely intense lol. I’m too young for that scent.
Patricia nicolai makes strong stuff. It’s very formal . Of all the creeds, green Irish tweed is to me the most universal. Another sleeper of creed s is original Vetiver. For about nine years I had the bottle. I just didn’t get it. One day I started spraying it and women complimented me. I still didn’t like it. Finally a gal said, “just wear it. “ I did. A year later I finally understood why original Vetiver was so great, so FYI my most complimented creed has been original Vetiver. That said. Maybe it’s my skin. I firmly believe cologne smells differently on different people. When I fly or go to dinner, I usually spray green Irish tweed or Guerlain Vetiver. They’re both fragrances everyone likes. Followed by creed original Vetiver. My wife wears aventus.. not me. It’s pretty funny. She also wears my rolexes just sized down a bit. The air king, milgauss. And sub...

If you want a mind blowing fragrance, grab knize ten. Or Caron yatagan. Yatagan smells like a forest battle with guys set on fire. I wear that all the time too. It’s great to me.

Don’t discard nicolai sample. Wear it to a wedding and you’ll appreciate it.
Old 3 January 2020, 12:05 PM   #35
Datejust_bass
Banned

My wife wears this as much as me. And women compliment her which is hilarious. There are no rules...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 27822CC0-759C-460F-B98B-D001B8503F1B.jpeg (124.7 KB, 154 views)
Old 3 January 2020, 12:28 PM   #36
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
If you want a mind blowing fragrance, grab knize ten. Or Caron yatagan. Yatagan smells like a forest battle with guys set on fire. I wear that all the time too. It’s great to me.
You have a way with words, my friend.

If they made a scotch with this description, I'd be all over it.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 12:56 PM   #37
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda_Eating_Pizza View Post
You have a way with words, my friend.

If they made a scotch with this description, I'd be all over it.
I love fragrances.. my wife sprayed yatagan one time on her arm. She said it smelled like “bull manure stuck within an electric renuzit air freshener....” so, she has a way as well (I caught her wearing yatagan to her work the next week, though).

To conclude.. I never owned Patricia nicolai New York intense. I own her plain “New York.” Apparently it’s no longer available. It’s like mace.. so I can’t imagine what “intense” would smell like.

There are so many great colognes out there. I just today received also (besides aventus) Dior pour homme parfum. It smelled initially like dirt, iris, gunpowder, oil, and a tortilla shell. About 7 hours later, now, I can smell a leathery floral. My wife loves it. It’s definitely masculine. I love fragrances that are unique. I wish you the best with creed. My research of aventus indicates the problems aren’t with the sellers so much as the Batches. I spoke at length with a boutique guy in nyc about this and he admitted creed has had batch issues with aventus. They literally can’t keep up with the demand and had issues with several mass produced batches. He claims in reality it’s luck. Sometimes he said his aventus smelled of pineapple and other bottles smelled of alcohol, but after a few hours, it would settle into aventus regardless. I wish I liked aventus. I just do not. It’s a feminine fragrance to me, but maybe that’s why women love it’.

Talisker 18 is in fact a scotch that smells like warriors on fire in a forest.. but Oceanside too. It’s easily the best scotch in my world. Bar none. For me, I mean. When I sip talisker 18, I’m transported to another world. Or another time. I tell my wife, watching tv, “THIS.... THIS is scotch!!!!!!!!!” To which she replies, “the room reeks of it. That talisker stinks...” it’s like drinking cotton candy with a caramel apple, with the scent of tobacco. It’s insane. (And expensive). For Xmas last year my wife bought me a talisker short sleeved polo shirt. I wear that with pride and I don’t think anyone knows what it means.”talisker...” she got tha shirt from a liquor distributor in USA we know. He got it from talisker as a promotional gift.
Old 3 January 2020, 03:09 PM   #38
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

OP I was recently in the same boat as you and looking at some Creed fragrances. I read the same mixed reviews about FragranceNet and some others. I really didn’t want to waste that type of coin if there was issues with the fragrances from those sites. So I ended up settling upon Bloomingdales. They were running some 10-15% off promotions on all beauty products including fragrances. On top of that you can use click through portal for even more cash back. When I did was 11% back when I ordered mine. I ordered 3 different bottles so it was a nice savings, and I had the peace of mind that I ordered from a reputable retailer.

As far as the scents I would try Creed Original Santal, Viking, and Royal Oud. They are all different types, but seem like they might be something that you like according to what you describe. Personally right now I’m using Aventus and Green Irish tweed. They have customizable sample packs on there website for around $30. It’s well worth it so you don’t have to blind buy.
Tony8959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 03:15 PM   #39
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
I love fragrances.. my wife sprayed yatagan one time on her arm. She said it smelled like “bull manure stuck within an electric renuzit air freshener....” so, she has a way as well (I caught her wearing yatagan to her work the next week, though).

To conclude.. I never owned Patricia nicolai New York intense. I own her plain “New York.” Apparently it’s no longer available. It’s like mace.. so I can’t imagine what “intense” would smell like.

There are so many great colognes out there. I just today received also (besides aventus) Dior pour homme parfum. It smelled initially like dirt, iris, gunpowder, oil, and a tortilla shell. About 7 hours later, now, I can smell a leathery floral. My wife loves it. It’s definitely masculine. I love fragrances that are unique. I wish you the best with creed. My research of aventus indicates the problems aren’t with the sellers so much as the Batches. I spoke at length with a boutique guy in nyc about this and he admitted creed has had batch issues with aventus. They literally can’t keep up with the demand and had issues with several mass produced batches. He claims in reality it’s luck. Sometimes he said his aventus smelled of pineapple and other bottles smelled of alcohol, but after a few hours, it would settle into aventus regardless. I wish I liked aventus. I just do not. It’s a feminine fragrance to me, but maybe that’s why women love it’.

Talisker 18 is in fact a scotch that smells like warriors on fire in a forest.. but Oceanside too. It’s easily the best scotch in my world. Bar none. For me, I mean. When I sip talisker 18, I’m transported to another world. Or another time. I tell my wife, watching tv, “THIS.... THIS is scotch!!!!!!!!!” To which she replies, “the room reeks of it. That talisker stinks...” it’s like drinking cotton candy with a caramel apple, with the scent of tobacco. It’s insane. (And expensive). For Xmas last year my wife bought me a talisker short sleeved polo shirt. I wear that with pride and I don’t think anyone knows what it means.”talisker...” she got tha shirt from a liquor distributor in USA we know. He got it from talisker as a promotional gift.
Talisker is my favorite, although I've only tried the 10. I shall have to look into the 18. I have been banned from drinking anything that smells like fire while the wife is around. I brought Lagavulin to a party once, and my non-whisky drinking engineer friend said it smelled like aircraft lubricant.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 02:11 AM   #40
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda_Eating_Pizza View Post
Talisker is my favorite, although I've only tried the 10. I shall have to look into the 18. I have been banned from drinking anything that smells like fire while the wife is around. I brought Lagavulin to a party once, and my non-whisky drinking engineer friend said it smelled like aircraft lubricant.
I let a relative sip lagavulin (which I like) and he stated it smelled like embalming fluid.. he’s not a mortician but it was funny.
Old 4 January 2020, 02:12 AM   #41
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony8959 View Post
OP I was recently in the same boat as you and looking at some Creed fragrances. I read the same mixed reviews about FragranceNet and some others. I really didn’t want to waste that type of coin if there was issues with the fragrances from those sites. So I ended up settling upon Bloomingdales. They were running some 10-15% off promotions on all beauty products including fragrances. On top of that you can use click through portal for even more cash back. When I did was 11% back when I ordered mine. I ordered 3 different bottles so it was a nice savings, and I had the peace of mind that I ordered from a reputable retailer.

As far as the scents I would try Creed Original Santal, Viking, and Royal Oud. They are all different types, but seem like they might be something that you like according to what you describe. Personally right now I’m using Aventus and Green Irish tweed. They have customizable sample packs on there website for around $30. It’s well worth it so you don’t have to blind buy.
This is sound advice. Bloomingdales has great service but I’ve never gotten any discounts. They sell bond no 9 as well
Old 4 January 2020, 02:54 AM   #42
.brian.
"TRF" Member

Watch: in Philadelphia
I have probably ordered 20+ bottles from them over a few year period. All were blind buys based on online reviews

I have only sent back 3 (Dior Sauvage, Prada Amber, and Prada L'Homme), and not because I didn't like them, but because I didn't feel the sillage and/or longevity matched the reviews I read.

They refunded my money no questions asked. I think they do charge like $6 for return shipping or something.

Also, search Google, there is a 37% off coupon code instead of the 30% they offer on their website.

In conclusion, it's worth a shot, and if you are unhappy, just return it.
.brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 11:51 AM   #43
.brian.
"TRF" Member

This thread made me realize I haven't bought anything in a while. Checked out Amazon. Bought some Guerlain Vetiver, which has been on my want list for a while, and Amarf Club De Nuit Intense. Both shipped and sold by Amazon, so I don't have too many concerns. Yea, I know both are below the standards of those on here, but I am a strictly budget shopper when it comes to fragrance.
Old 4 January 2020, 01:30 PM   #44
ruffa
"TRF" Member

I pulled the trigger earlier today on Fragrancenet. Will update when it arrives. I opted for the Green Irish tweed. Ever since I started using the sample, it kept growing on me. Clean, fresh, warm scent. Exactly what I was looking for. I’ll be adding more bottles very shortly.

Does anyone have a problem where they get sick of their scent before emptying the bottle? Happened too many times for me. Maybe I was buying the wrong stuff but I always test the scents and at first, they seem so awesome. Or maybe my tastes are slowly improving over the course of 2 decades Now realizing most of my old scents were on the bold side.
Old 5 January 2020, 07:38 AM   #45
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Ok so I pulled the trigger like 2 days ago on some green Irish tweed its fire. Anyway first time ordering from fragrancenet.com. also my first bottle of creed, besides the samples from Nordstrom. Now I get the bottle today, so super fast shipping no prob. My question is aren't the creed boxes supposed to be sealed in cellophane? It came packaged well but theres no plastic around the box. Being like this I cant tell if it's been tampered with. Also this being my first time buying maybe this is how creed sends out their product to fragrancenet? I'm on the fence of return someone help please.

SM-N960U
Aquaholic_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 08:24 AM   #46
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholic_user View Post
Ok so I pulled the trigger like 2 days ago on some green Irish tweed its fire. Anyway first time ordering from fragrancenet.com. also my first bottle of creed, besides the samples from Nordstrom. Now I get the bottle today, so super fast shipping no prob. My question is aren't the creed boxes supposed to be sealed in cellophane? It came packaged well but theres no plastic around the box. Being like this I cant tell if it's been tampered with. Also this being my first time buying maybe this is how creed sends out their product to fragrancenet? I'm on the fence of return someone help please.

SM-N960U

My Creed hasn’t arrived yet but I wouldn’t worry about the packaging. Someone here mentioned that they have hassle-free returns so it’s possible that you may have a returned bottle. Maybe it’s been sprayed a few times and returned. If you still have the sample you bought from Nordstrom I would compare it to the one you just got. Give it a few hours and see if the one from Fragrancenet is as long lasting as your sample. Scent may vary because they change with age so that may be difficult to gauge. I purposely saved some green Irish tweed sample spray so that I can compare it to the fragrancenet one when it arrives.
Old 5 January 2020, 09:00 AM   #47
.brian.
"TRF" Member

All of the bottles I have purchased have had the cellophane wrapping. Granted, I have never purchased Creed, but I am fairly certain it is a pretty common practice.

With that being said, the bottles I have sent back I had taken out of the cellophane and actually used.

I would not really be happy if they sent me someone else's (opened and used) return, though. At least not without them disclosing it to me before I bought it, at which point I would expect more of a discount.
Old 5 January 2020, 09:44 AM   #48
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffa View Post
My Creed hasn’t arrived yet but I wouldn’t worry about the packaging. Someone here mentioned that they have hassle-free returns so it’s possible that you may have a returned bottle. Maybe it’s been sprayed a few times and returned. If you still have the sample you bought from Nordstrom I would compare it to the one you just got. Give it a few hours and see if the one from Fragrancenet is as long lasting as your sample. Scent may vary because they change with age so that may be difficult to gauge. I purposely saved some green Irish tweed sample spray so that I can compare it to the fragrancenet one when it arrives.
I'm already thinking about return, for a bottle of cologne that cost this much I would not expect an opened returned bottle. I'll wait to hear back though on what type of packaging you received thank you.

SM-N960U
Old 5 January 2020, 09:47 AM   #49
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

I just purchased three bottles of Creed from Bloomingdales none of them had plastic wrap on them. They shouldn’t come with any.
Tony8959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 09:48 AM   #50
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .brian. View Post
All of the bottles I have purchased have had the cellophane wrapping. Granted, I have never purchased Creed, but I am fairly certain it is a pretty common practice.

With that being said, the bottles I have sent back I had taken out of the cellophane and actually used.

I would not really be happy if they sent me someone else's (opened and used) return, though. At least not without them disclosing it to me before I bought it, at which point I would expect more of a discount.
Yes this exactly, I did get a discount as they were offering 30% off. Though no where it said it maybe an opened package.

SM-N960U
Old 5 January 2020, 11:53 AM   #51
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Yes this exactly, I did get a discount as they were offering 30% off. Though no where it said it maybe an opened package.

SM-N960U
None of my creeds, including from saks, or the nyc and Miami creed boutiques,. have ever been wrapped in plastic. If your creed box is wrapped in plastic... It’ is certainly fake. The nyc creed boutique has boxes of creeds ,all with no plastic. Also, sometimes the caps are loose, tight, and outright fall off. That concerned me when i bought from Dillard’s once. I reported this to creed site and their reply basically said. “Yes. That’s the way it is and Dillard’s is an authorized seller in your area.” So, creeds are NOT wrapped in plastic, ever.

I also once bought fake creed spring flower from an amazon seller. I returned it without incident. I don’t trust amazon arbitrarily... the spring flower bottle had a funky color.. it didn’t smell like the scent and lacked the white washer beneath the atomizer sprayer, ink was funky... be very careful on amazon... look at the sellers. Same with ebay.

Another site I’d recommend is sentiments.com. I bought a vintage tabarome flacon from them. I’ve since sold decants on basenotes from it with zero complaints. Why? Because I don’t need 8 ounces of any fragrance.

I visited saks today and discussed fragrance sites with a gorgeous sales lady (who is my cousins daughter incidentally). She has bought from fragrance net and fragrance x herself. I’ve yet to find one credible bad experience from any of the above sites..

“Jeremy fragrance” from YouTube uses fragrance x and fragrance net ... as does the YouTube guy from gent scents... I adore the guy from gent scents. He’s informative and fun. The gent scents guy has a video on fakes bought from wish.com which is funny.
Old 5 January 2020, 03:32 PM   #52
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm already thinking about return, for a bottle of cologne that cost this much I would not expect an opened returned bottle. I'll wait to hear back though on what type of packaging you received thank you.

SM-N960U

Will update thread. Shipment coming in on Monday.
Old 5 January 2020, 03:38 PM   #53
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
None of my creeds, including from saks, or the nyc and Miami creed boutiques,. have ever been wrapped in plastic. If your creed box is wrapped in plastic... It’ is certainly fake. The nyc creed boutique has boxes of creeds ,all with no plastic. Also, sometimes the caps are loose, tight, and outright fall off. That concerned me when i bought from Dillard’s once. I reported this to creed site and their reply basically said. “Yes. That’s the way it is and Dillard’s is an authorized seller in your area.” So, creeds are NOT wrapped in plastic, ever.

I also once bought fake creed spring flower from an amazon seller. I returned it without incident. I don’t trust amazon arbitrarily... the spring flower bottle had a funky color.. it didn’t smell like the scent and lacked the white washer beneath the atomizer sprayer, ink was funky... be very careful on amazon... look at the sellers. Same with ebay.

Good call. If bottles from Creed boutiques aren’t plastic wrapped then it’s safe to assume that a plastic wrapped Creed from another source would be a fake.

I also would not trust Amazon or eBay. Any seller can pop on either platform and sell their concoction as a brand name fragrance.
Old 6 January 2020, 02:09 PM   #54
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I have bought from Fragrance.net a few times before and always received the product in the same packaging as you’d get inna department store. They’re based in the US, they would be shut down if they were selling counterfeits.
My favorite scent is Hanae Mori Hm which is apparently discontinued. However I have bought two “Chistmas sets” from Fragrance.net that have cologne and aftershave cream at a very good price. I have no doubts they are legit.
ArtNouveau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2020, 02:28 PM   #55
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Fragrancenet is legit, though I buy on FragranceX and I have never been disappointed so far. Btw OP, you should try Layton by Parfum de Marly, it has many of the notes you are looking for and it's half the price of Creed Aventus.
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 07:15 AM   #56
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
I have over 80 different fragrances from Tom Ford private blends, Creeds, Bond no 9.YsL etc. I can say any fragrance I have bought from fragrance.net is legit and authentic.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2020, 08:39 AM   #57
Datejust_bass
Banned

Hey,FYI... I visited a saks today and the lady there says newer creeds WILL be plastic wrapped now. This is so confusing. Now, none of their saks existing inventory is wrapped in cellophane today.

In my humble opinion, I think creed benefits from all of this packaging confusion. But their stuff is just so well made.

I bought creed virgin island water off fragrancex FYI and will let people know how it is. I have owned this in past and it’s fun. I wanted to compare fragrance net with fragrance x....
Old 8 January 2020, 08:44 AM   #58
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
Fragrancenet is legit, though I buy on FragranceX and I have never been disappointed so far. Btw OP, you should try Layton by Parfum de Marly, it has many of the notes you are looking for and it's half the price of Creed Aventus.
I can second this. I bought a sample of Layton and it’s great. It’s a bit more refined even. I’ve never smelled Mont Blanc explorer but reviews claim it’s similar to aventus.
Old 10 January 2020, 02:03 PM   #59
Datejust_bass
Banned

Virgin island water arrived from Fragrance x... it’s legitimate. So, I can state these sites are both great. Fragrance net and x.
Old 10 January 2020, 02:22 PM   #60
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Virgin island water arrived from Fragrance x... it’s legitimate. So, I can state these sites are both great. Fragrance net and x.

I compared my Green Irish tweed sample from Saks 5th to the Green Irish tweed I got from fragrancenet. They are not the same. Maybe they shipped me an old bottle? The longevity is there but performance isn’t great and sillage isn’t as good either. Almost dull compared to the sample I got from Saks. Do you have a virgin island water from Creed to compare to fragrancenet?

Also, packaging looked good but it seems like the sticker on the bottom was re-labeled? Fishy.