The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 October 2017, 12:32 AM   #1
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

deployant fit/placement problems?

for those who have the oem deployant on the speedy, does the curve fit perfectly on the round edge of ur wrist, or does the end of the enclosure end up digging in cuz the length doesn't quite line up?

i briefly tried on a fake version awhile back, seem to recall the fit was not as flat and comfortable as i had hoped. ditched the idea and went with a double deployant.
the double's placement is much better and doesn't dig into the wrist.... however it does add considerable more bulk between the strap and skin, far more than the omega deployant.

wanted to hear of others' experiences, as I'm contemplating giving it another go...perhaps i was too hasty the first time around.
tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2017, 06:57 AM   #2
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

surprised... nobody's run into this fit problem?
Old 16 October 2017, 04:42 PM   #3
mtb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky/Sea/Land
Just got this today. Not sure if this is what you are referring to?
Personally I think on other straps this might be uncomfortable due to the curve, but on Omega strap, so far so goods

mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2017, 03:38 AM   #4
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
Mine's pretty much outside the last tendon of my wrist. The Hirsch strap's free end (adjuster side) runs just past it and cushions the hinge.
Old 17 October 2017, 07:00 AM   #5
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

yes, mtb....that photo is a close enough representation of what i'm referring to.
if i recall, when i tried mine the hinge end (which in ur photo is closer to the edge of ur wrist) was about 1/4" closer to the mid-line of the wrist...which made it dig into the wrist more, quite uncomfortably.

in fact, in ur photo, it looks like the deployant would sit better if it went about 1/4" further toward the side, so that the curve would sit flush alongside the line of ur wrist.

regardless, u don't feel it being obtrusive or digging in?
Old 17 October 2017, 12:33 PM   #6
mtb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky/Sea/Land
so far so good, esp when typing this on the Macbook. :)

I guess strap lengths play a critical part on where the hinge will sit, and if there is enough strap to act as cushion between the skin & clasp.

Just measured the clasp end of the strap, and it's a whooping 100mm (or so), which is much longer than usual strap length of 75-85mm (depending on wrist size).

I plan to swap the Omega clasp to other straps and see how it fits, and I think it will shift the clasp closer to the edge as you described.
mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2017, 02:00 PM   #7
Andrés G
"TRF" Member

I never had a problem but it seems like yours, could be solved with a short strap. It will center the deployant on your wrist and offer a better fit.
Andrés G is offline   Reply With Quote