The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 November 2018, 11:38 AM   #1
russdenney
"TRF" Member

I forgot what a nice watch they make...

Been buying Rolex for so long...almost forgot what a great job Breitling does!

Got this today - bought with a Navitimer Bracelet and added a Breitling mesh - damn this thing is all-out gorgeous!

Best snap I could get with my iPhone...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8712-Edit.jpg (235.7 KB, 604 views)
russdenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 02:35 PM   #2
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

That's a great watch and a killer combo on the mesh! Congrats and wear it in great health!
Old 29 November 2018, 02:40 PM   #3
russdenney
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP(Canada) View Post
That's a great watch and a killer combo on the mesh! Congrats and wear it in great health!
Thank you.

I ended giving the Transocean you saw in my other post to one of my best friends as a gift. This is my one Breitling for now, and I love it.
russdenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 11:01 PM   #4
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Stunning combo on the mesh! Enjoy your new Navitimer!
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 11:57 PM   #5
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Breitling is very under rated because so many focus on future value.

Buy what you want to own and wear, my 10 year old SuperOcean Steelfish is an awesome watch and still gets worn in my rotation as I have two straps and a bracelet for it.

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 12:57 AM   #6
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 01:26 PM   #7
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Nothing wrong with a Breitling. Here's my next watch.

jnelson3097 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 01:21 AM   #8
DripCassanova
"TRF" Member

Dam, nice looking Breitling
DripCassanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 05:50 AM   #9
JacksonStone
Banned

Never saw a Navi on mesh before. Looks great. Congrats.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 06:12 AM   #10
Giraku
"TRF" Member

Love that blue dial Navi with mesh bracelet!! Congrats!!!
Giraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 06:52 AM   #11
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Yup, love the Navi on the mesh.
Congrats!
Old 3 December 2018, 08:02 AM   #12
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Congratulations That Navitimer looks great on the Milanese bracelet.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2018, 08:55 PM   #13
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Stunner!

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2018, 05:53 AM   #14
Desperado
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdenney View Post

Got this today - bought with a Navitimer Bracelet and added a Breitling mesh - damn this thing is all-out gorgeous!

Amazing combo :) enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Desperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2018, 06:24 AM   #15
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
looks beautiful.

and yes, they make super watches.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2018, 11:48 AM   #16
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Nice.
Old 27 December 2018, 05:24 AM   #17
mrflawless
"TRF" Member

blue one is nice
mrflawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 05:26 AM   #18
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
That’s a great combo
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 06:52 AM   #19
steve72852
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Watch Winder for new Breitling Superocean 2 Heritage 42 mm

So I will invest in a watch winder for this piece though it has a Tudor sourced B20 movement with 70 hr reserve. I will need a single winder. This is my first major purchase and this thing looks better each time I glance at it. Questions: 1) Who makes good winders? 2) Important... What is the recommended TPD (Turns per day) for the B20 movement a winder? I cannot find this info. on the included material with the purchased watch (at a new Brietling store in Houston). Would appreciate any help and winder experiences. Thanks to all ...
steve72852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 09:18 AM   #20
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve72852 View Post
So I will invest in a watch winder for this piece though it has a Tudor sourced B20 movement with 70 hr reserve. I will need a single winder. This is my first major purchase and this thing looks better each time I glance at it. Questions: 1) Who makes good winders? 2) Important... What is the recommended TPD (Turns per day) for the B20 movement a winder? I cannot find this info. on the included material with the purchased watch (at a new Brietling store in Houston). Would appreciate any help and winder experiences. Thanks to all ...
May I ask why you think you need a winder? In my opinion, the only times it makes sense to use one is if you have a watch with a lot of complications (like an annual calendar, moon phase, etc.) that make setting a real hassle, or if you routinely go longer than the power reserve without wearing the watch and still want to make sure it's ready to wear at a moment's notice. That said, keeping a watch running when you're not wearing it means the movement is incurring wear unnecessarily. A good argument can be made that you're better off letting it run down and then resetting it as needed. If this is your only watch, and you wear it often, you won't need a winder anyway. All that aside, Orbita makes excellent winders. The Sparta is their most affordable option, although even that's not exactly cheap. Prices go up from there.

I did a quick Google search and couldn't find out the recommended TPD for the movement. However, if you haven't already, try expanding your search to include the Tudor MT5612 caliber, since that's the base for the B20.
Old 28 December 2018, 01:33 PM   #21
Bosbevok
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 40 GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdenney View Post

It’s the nicest watch they make.

See me at Bosbevok on YouTube
Bosbevok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 01:35 AM   #22
steve72852
"TRF" Member

Thanks JS for the reply. You make a good point. I am learning about high-end watches since I purchased the SOH. There is a case to be made for using a winder or not. Still trying to decide. Still can't find the required TPD for a B20 movement. Still thanks for your effort. Can't beat user blogs. Best
steve72852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 03:12 AM   #23
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve72852 View Post
Buben & Zorweg, Scatola del Tempo, Bernard Favre and top of the line Dottling are all high end. Cheap options are Orbita, Wolf and lots of other brands in that segment. For the bedroom OK I guess.

The question of the use of a winder causes wear has been discussed to death. Answer is that even the tech experts are not conclusive. My opinion is that an engine should run. Try to let a car sit idle for a long time. That causes only more troubles and very bad for the lubrication of gear box etc.

I like it, have a double winder with LED's and it plays a beautiful light show from the fluted bezels reflection on the ceiling.
Very decorative.

Don't bother too much on the rpm of the winder. Does not make a whole lot of difference.
Old 29 December 2018, 05:23 AM   #24
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
The question of the use of a winder causes wear has been discussed to death. Answer is that even the tech experts are not conclusive. My opinion is that an engine should run. Try to let a car sit idle for a long time. That causes only more troubles and very bad for the lubrication of gear box etc.
But you don't leave the car running when you don't use it, either. I wasn't suggesting he leave the watch idle for months at a time. Indeed, if he is going that long without wearing it, I would suggest he manually wind it once a month or so, just to keep things moving. Of course, it's his prerogative whether or not he wants a winder. I was just offering him some perspective on whether or not he actually needs one, since he sounds pretty new to this game.
Old 29 December 2018, 03:32 PM   #25
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
But you don't leave the car running when you don't use it, either. I wasn't suggesting he leave the watch idle for months at a time. Indeed, if he is going that long without wearing it, I would suggest he manually wind it once a month or so, just to keep things moving. Of course, it's his prerogative whether or not he wants a winder. I was just offering him some perspective on whether or not he actually needs one, since he sounds pretty new to this game.
Yes, I agree with you, good advice, don't think anybody really needs a winder for an ordinary watch. Perhaps for a Perpetual calendar it might be useful.
For me it's only a nice toy which I like to watch spinning around, especially the gyroscope from Dottling. Out of my league that one.
Old 29 December 2018, 09:14 PM   #26
Robertus2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
For me a winder proved to be useful: I have about a dozen watches but use more-or-less regularly only 4-5 of them (one Breitling B01, the rest ETA 7750). I usually decide in the morning (rush-hours...) which to wear that day. Hand-winding, adjusting time, adjusting date (finding out if the watch stopped AM or PM), unscrewing the crown and screwing down at the end of the adjusting makes IMHO more harm than keeping them working. But hey, it's just me!
Robertus2 is offline   Reply With Quote