The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 27 July 2008, 08:03 AM   #31
Spare201
Banned

Watch: 1970 Day-Date
Meh, I worked for two Authorized dealers, when Omega first started doing the Co-axials we had loads of problems with them. Then they said they were new and improved. I had to send back a James Bond seamaster TWICE for stopping. I never really bought into the Co-axial escapment myself. The service issues I've personally seen and dealt with make me a major nay-sayer.

Good luck with that watch though. The AD needs to stand behing their product and should get you a new watch if it has to go back again, I know we did on several occaisions. I love the Planet Ocean, too bad omega still hasn't shaken the problems plague-ing those movements.
Spare201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2008, 10:50 AM   #32
colin

Thanks Guys - I appreciate your feedback. I will give it one last try. If it stops again - it's 3 strikes - then I will send it back. I am optimistic ! Thanks again. You guys are great.
colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2008, 08:51 AM   #33
Perdu
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Omega did make the silly mistake of going to market too fast with the cal.2500, hence version A, B, and C, but I hear many more good than bad about the latest 2500C movement. Colin, if you have to send it back check with the guys on the Omega board over at TZ as to which center is best to send it to, or, as they guys say above, try to get a new one.

Benson 1937 Sterling Silver Hunter
Perdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2008, 10:39 AM   #34
Spare201
Banned

Watch: 1970 Day-Date
Be curteous but firm, ask to talk to the store manager, do not talk bad about the salesperson who originally sold you the piece. Insist that as an AD they must stand behind their product. Firm and curteous, if your burned out on that brand ask to exchange it.

This is how I got my customer a new 007 watch.
Spare201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
omega planet ocean , warranty