The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 7 June 2017, 11:24 PM   #661
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Tesla shareholders are either momentum players or Musk acolytes who don't care that the company isn't making any real money. Even when they do start making money without tax credits, they'll never come close to a reasonable valuation for an auto manufacturer.

That said, I like Musk, what he's doing and what his vision is (mostly). A friend works at Tesla as an engineer, and he thinks the 3 will be a huge success. But then, he drinks the corporate cool-aid all day long.

But I won't buy the stock.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
Old 22 June 2017, 04:07 AM   #662
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Icon7 Still Bullish

- HRTX
- RTTR
- TEVA

What are you tracking?

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 22 June 2017, 05:25 AM   #663
s2h904
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust/YM
It might take a while but I thing VRX is a nice one to hold and forget about. Pretty reasonable right now.
Old 22 June 2017, 07:36 AM   #664
armen34
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
- HRTX
- RTTR
- TEVA

What are you tracking?
Wow, very speculative. Now I see why you're looking for a home run.
Old 22 June 2017, 07:40 AM   #665
armen34
"TRF" Member

I prefer growth stocks

Fdx
Hd
Stmp
Sbux

And some tech plays such as

Amat
Swks
Nvmi
Crus
Old 22 June 2017, 07:43 AM   #666
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
All cash right now.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 June 2017, 08:01 AM   #667
armen34
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
All cash right now.
Not a bad idea if you're conservative... I have some nice profits and willing to sit through a little longer.
Old 22 June 2017, 08:06 AM   #668
hugs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
All cash right now.
Similar here. Still have some holdings but have been selling for the last week and not finished yet.

Seems to have worked as I have had a couple of last minute rises but expecting the bubble to pop soon. But might keep a bit in just in case..
Old 22 June 2017, 09:16 AM   #669
BNA/LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by armen34 View Post
Wow, very speculative. Now I see why you're looking for a home run.
Yep! and one correction... Another HOME RUN!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 20 July 2017, 05:34 AM   #670
Wgr73
"TRF" Member

Bump
Old 20 July 2017, 05:39 AM   #671
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
I'm holding the following mutual funds and ETF:
SCHD
SWPPX
SWISX
SWSSX
SWAGX

Stocks:
TSLA (value investing even tho I'm down quite a lot)
AAPL

For the guys sticking to cash here, are you at least keeping it in a CD to gain some interest off it ?
Old 20 July 2017, 11:51 AM   #672
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera911 View Post
I'm holding the following mutual funds and ETF:
SCHD
SWPPX
SWISX
SWSSX
SWAGX

Stocks:
TSLA (value investing even tho I'm down quite a lot)
AAPL

For the guys sticking to cash here, are you at least keeping it in a CD to gain some interest off it ?

Yes. 2.9% in my 403B. All cash.

Treasury bonds. Savings account emergency fund. Conservative. I can sleep at night. I think the big one is coming. Implosion.

However in my IRAs there are some equities. Vanguard. Dividend, emerging markets , small cap, international, mining, S+P 500, developed markets and bonds.

The one outright stock I own. Ford. Love the dividend. All long term holds.

Let's be careful out there my friends.
Old 20 July 2017, 02:48 PM   #673
armen34
"TRF" Member

Let's not scare each other... no one knows what's coming. Take it a day at a time and ride the wave up for now. When the market turns south you can get out.
Old 20 July 2017, 04:27 PM   #674
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Hi Armen.. let me be the devils advocate here..

Read: The Dow hit its pre-recession high on October 9, 2007, closing at 14,164.43. Less than 18 months later, it had dropped more than 50 percent to 6,594.44 on March 5, 2009.

Now it's up from 6600 to almost 22,000. In less then 9 years it's more then tripled. Why ??

Someone else can answer that and say it's profits, election... etc.. business said good bye to full time with Benifits and hire part time no Benifits companies are killing it now. Record profits for the most part.

MCD AND AAPLE were very good to me but enough is enough. You know what dividend payment is on MCD share now ?? .94 lol sweet. Every quarter is a nice fat check. I just got one last week

ahhhhhh it's ridiculous what's going on here and if your in retirement age 55ish and up you better have a back up plan. Does anyone honestly believe this will continue!??? Maybe it'll stay around 22k but the chances are more then enough it's going fall hard so if you can handle that then god bless.

Here we are back at house prices almost the same as 2007, loans being handed out with out much down payments, interest rates pretty low, everyone having a good time again etc..

Now if you wanna screw around with biotech stocks for fun that's one thing but to have all your money in the stock market at 55-60 years old then be ready soon.

I've seen the looks on my parents face in 2008, it was devastating and scary. They wanted to sell sell. I said you can't sell you'll lose everything you've work for. Thank god they listen but unfortunately they both passed prior to late 2012 and missed the huge gains, so as a family we are better now but i'm Not watching that mess again.

Here in this town, million dollar house dropped to 300k
30% unemployment, yup, the whole industry took a huge hit and we were the worst off because we are tourism based...first to suffer last to bounce back.

I took a ride into Mountain Edge, huge housing area in 2010 in Las Vegas every house was foreclosed on every street.. 100's of houses it was like twight zone.
We walked into houses still furnished, baby toys, bed room stuff, pools it was baaad.

So yes, be scared right now

Im 85% cash, metals
Old 20 July 2017, 04:28 PM   #675
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Yes. 2.9% in my 403B. All cash.

Treasury bonds. Savings account emergency fund. Conservative. I can sleep at night. I think the big one is coming. Implosion.

However in my IRAs there are some equities. Vanguard. Dividend, emerging markets , small cap, international, mining, S+P 500, developed markets and bonds.

The one outright stock I own. Ford. Love the dividend. All long term holds.

Let's be careful out there my friends.
This is so correct !!
Old 20 July 2017, 07:36 PM   #676
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Either too slow or too risky for me, plus the EU has voted laws that in case of financial crisis the banks can directly take your money, not joking, like they did in Cyprus.
I had real estate in France, sold when it was high and my parents were dead, put a good part in real estate in Odessa, with the crisis and situation in Ukraine prices were the lowest they could be, if ever they go back to 2009 pre crisis prices basically going to multiply by 5-6 my investments, will take 15-20 years, but itnis the biggest port of the Black Sea, a huge city where there is a lot of money, would never have invested 1 cent anywhere else in Ukraine, in the mean while I get good returns, between 6 and 13% depending on wether flat or business, apart from that have a few hundred k in gold, physical gold, my watches and some cash in the bank, not a lot, just to be sure not to be in the segment of the population which will get robbed when the government or banks decide to do it, I mean all the laws are voted for it, the IMF is saying they should do it to pay off the debt, Cyprus was a rehearsal, the big play is coming soon, the EU countries have huge money problems, I have 2 friends working for european institutions, both say that it is terrible, before they had money for different projects, receptions, etc, that's all over. EU as we know it has probably less than 10 years of life left, yeah you won't hear it anywhere else, but I have some connections in high circles, one of my cousins was even minister of Sarkozy, the party's over, I can only suggest that Europeans with cash, stocks and other things, do what they can so they don't get robbed when the day comes, and it will come...
Old 20 July 2017, 07:48 PM   #677
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post

Read: The Dow hit its pre-recession high on October 9, 2007, closing at 14,164.43. Less than 18 months later, it had dropped more than 50 percent to 6,594.44 on March 5, 2009.

Now it's up from 6600 to almost 22,000. In less then 9 years it's more then tripled. Why ??

Someone else can answer that and say it's profits, election... etc.. business said good bye to full time with Benifits and hire part time no Benifits companies are killing it now. Record profits for the most part.

MCD AND AAPLE were very good to me but enough is enough. You know what dividend payment is on MCD share now ?? .94 lol sweet. Every quarter is a nice fat check. I just got one last week

ahhhhhh it's ridiculous what's going on here and if your in retirement age 55ish and up you better have a back up plan. Does anyone honestly believe this will continue!??? Maybe it'll stay around 22k but the chances are more then enough it's going fall hard so if you can handle that then god bless.

Here we are back at house prices almost the same as 2007, loans being handed out with out much down payments, interest rates pretty low, everyone having a good time again etc..

Now if you wanna screw around with biotech stocks for fun that's one thing but to have all your money in the stock market at 55-60 years old then be ready soon.

I've seen the looks on my parents face in 2008, it was devastating and scary. They wanted to sell sell. I said you can't sell you'll lose everything you've work for. Thank god they listen but unfortunately they both passed prior to late 2012 and missed the huge gains, so as a family we are better now but i'm Not watching that mess again.

30% unemployment, yup, the whole industry took a huge hit and we were the worst off because we are tourism based...first to suffer last to bounce back.

I took a ride into Mountain Edge, huge housing area in 2010 in Las Vegas every house was foreclosed on every street.. 100's of houses it was like twight zone.
We walked into houses still furnished, baby toys, bed room stuff, pools it was baaad.

Im 85% cash, metals
Words of wisdom, there will be a crisis very soon, when you hit record highs, with big unemployment and all that, well you know the bubble will burst soon, the ultra rich got in average 30% richer because of the last crisis, you think it's all accidental? Nope it's very much rigged by a few thousand people and families, Rotschilds and Rockefellers to name the 2 big ones, I have real estate and all that, but ZERO credit, nothing to pay for anyone except my wife and son, so revenues might go down, capital investment also, but I don't care, won't sell anything will just wait it out, like I have in 2009 and since then...
Old 21 July 2017, 03:59 AM   #678
armen34
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Im 85% cash, metals

Mark,

I agree with you, if you're a long term buy and hold investor, but that's long gone, after 2008 crash nothing is safe in the long run. We have to be diligent and do our work day to day as if a crash is going to happen it doesn't happen over night. We all have the ability to take profits off the table or keep our losses minimum. I have different accounts that are longer term investments as well as shorter term trades. I have been enjoying the run in the last couple, if I was very conservative I would've missed the 10+% profit in my portfolio.
Old 21 July 2017, 04:01 AM   #679
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
Full in crypto...made already a lot of money with it. Removed myself from stocks/forex...way to boring
Old 21 July 2017, 05:51 AM   #680
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armen34 View Post
Mark,

I agree with you, if you're a long term buy and hold investor, but that's long gone, after 2008 crash nothing is safe in the long run. We have to be diligent and do our work day to day as if a crash is going to happen it doesn't happen over night. We all have the ability to take profits off the table or keep our losses minimum. I have different accounts that are longer term investments as well as shorter term trades. I have been enjoying the run in the last couple, if I was very conservative I would've missed the 10+% profit in my portfolio.
Well I make around 10% on all my real estate, that I bought at such prices that it wouldn't go much lower in case of crisis, like every bubble, stock or real estate bubble, you need to have a good sense of when to buy and to sell, low and high of course, there are so many people who took mega baths onnthe real estate market in so many places, they bought when it was near the high point, using credits, and lost everything, know quite a few people who really got screwed, something good can't stay good for ever, except in some places like NY and other places, most of the world sunk real estate wise in 2009, the worse was people who invested in Florida and Las Vegas, but I know people who bought in Kiev for 12-15k per square meter and that now cost maybe 3-4 maximum, the ones who don't need to pay any credit and have revenues can wait it out, the others are really in deep trouble
Old 21 July 2017, 06:24 AM   #681
BNA/LION

Icon7 Still Bullish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
- HRTX
- RTTR
- TEVA

What are you tracking?
HRTX on the Move and TEVA in the News...

http://www.tevapharm.com/news/nice_r...hma_07_17.aspx

Old 22 July 2017, 12:09 PM   #682
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:

Im 85% cash, metals
I'm ALL IN BABY!! 100% stocks! And I expect at least another two 50% drops in the market over the next 20 years, but I have a longer time horizon and will take those lumps as its just part of the game. Drops like that are to be expected, not feared. Which is why if you're close to retirement, you need more diversification outside of stocks... Just my opinion.
Old 22 July 2017, 03:01 PM   #683
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
I'm ALL IN BABY!! 100% stocks! And I expect at least another two 50% drops in the market over the next 20 years, but I have a longer time horizon and will take those lumps as its just part of the game. Drops like that are to be expected, not feared. Which is why if you're close to retirement, you need more diversification outside of stocks... Just my opinion.
I agree ! I dove all in +++ in 2008 and didn't sell a thing. It couldn't have gotten worse I don't think, but i knew I could wait it out, if you have the time then all the best for you. Best of luck youngster lol

Remember those those 700+ Point drops. Wow. Those huge corporations and banks that went belly up or the government propped up. It was scary. Times are different for me now. I never want to see anything that again and watch the fall out.

The timing was perfect for kids graduating high school 2008-2015 because no jobs so off to college they went if they were smart, if there was a blessing that was it and hopefully we have motivated and smart 30 year olds now. Though sometimes I wonder
Old 23 July 2017, 02:32 AM   #684
ejvette

Watch: me break clays..
I'm of the opinion that this market still has some running to do especially if tax reform gets passed we currently have the most business friendly environment than we've seen since Reagan. A correction which is inevitable will probably not be caused by economic conditions but by some geo-political event like that lunatic in N. Korea launching a nuke... of course this is JMHO.

"The only difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of ones bank account" Anonymous

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Old 23 July 2017, 02:58 AM   #685
s2h904
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust/YM
I am waiting for a pullback in $RACE then I am jumping in.

If and when that day ever comes of course-

I was going to pull the trigger at 60 but I put my pesos in another stock.
Old 23 July 2017, 06:19 AM   #686
towernick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2h904 View Post
I am waiting for a pullback in $RACE then I am jumping in.

If and when that day ever comes of course-

I was going to pull the trigger at 60 but I put my pesos in another stock.

I got some in the spinoff from Fiat, been one of my best performing stocks this year.
Old 3 August 2017, 05:26 AM   #687
Wgr73
"TRF" Member

I got in on aapl when it was $80/share back in 08? Split 7:1 a couple years later....just sold at $155 a share with 7x the amount I bought in at :) Good first investment.
Old 3 August 2017, 05:28 AM   #688
towernick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgr73 View Post
I got in on aapl when it was $80/share back in 08? Split 7:1 a couple years later....just sold at $155 a share with 7x the amount I bought in at :) Good first investment.

Why did you sell it?
Old 3 August 2017, 09:56 AM   #689
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgr73 View Post

I have held my appl shares since 1999. Yes that was and still is my best investment. I have no reason to sell, wondering why you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 August 2017, 10:01 AM   #690
jhilly8982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
I have held my appl shares since 1999. Yes that was and still is my best investment. I have no reason to sell, wondering why you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Difference between investment and trade. For an investment, no reason to sell. If it was a 'trade' there is no harm in taking profit.

I bought Apple when it split for $92, sold at $120 something, bought back at $105 and sold it near $140. Am I going to hindsight myself and say I should have kept it? No, it was a trade and did what was intended.
Closed Thread