The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 22 July 2017, 03:10 AM   #91
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp5575 View Post
This is a good deal, but I do think it will work. I will ask.
Sounds like the AD is stuck with a diamond studded 24 that nobody wants, and to get it off their stock they are willing to give you the duo. Yeah, I don't think it will work either but doesn't hurt to ask.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 04:24 AM   #92
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
Sounds like the AD is stuck with a diamond studded 24 that nobody wants, and to get it off their stock they are willing to give you the duo. Yeah, I don't think it will work either but doesn't hurt to ask.
OP has been banned.
Old 22 July 2017, 05:07 AM   #93
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
OP has been banned.
I wonder if he showed up at the NYC Exhibition. Brian probably was carrying his PP golf bag on his shoulder.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 05:12 AM   #94
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OP has been banned.

Banned for what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 July 2017, 06:39 AM   #95
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Banned for what?

Short story, OP wanted to buy a LE Patek model, it just so happens another member has clout at his AD to get OP this LE Patek model. OP wanted a discount on the piece, but AD said no, so OP accuses the other member of price gouging and posting their private email exchanges on the forum. OP then doesn't want to own up to his mistake and here we are.
Old 22 July 2017, 07:25 AM   #96
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
Short story, OP wanted to buy a LE Patek model, it just so happens another member has clout at his AD to get OP this LE Patek model. OP wanted a discount on the piece, but AD said no, so OP accuses the other member of price gouging and posting their private email exchanges on the forum. OP then doesn't want to own up to his mistake and here we are.
Don't forget the whole thing started over the paper boxes the watches used to come in.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 07:51 AM   #97
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Don't forget the whole thing started over the paper boxes the watches used to come in.
Oh yeah, now it's reached meme level.
Old 22 July 2017, 08:06 AM   #98
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I wonder if he showed up at the NYC Exhibition. Brian probably was carrying his PP golf bag on his shoulder.
Was there a guy outside trying to sell you some furniture?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 08:09 AM   #99
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Missed this one.
Old 22 July 2017, 08:18 AM   #100
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Was there a guy outside trying to sell you some furniture?
Come to think of it, I think it was brown boxes.
Old 22 July 2017, 08:22 AM   #101
texex91
"TRF" Member

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 5.20.03 PM.png (118.2 KB, 292 views)
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 08:52 AM   #102
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Lmfao now I know what happened
Old 22 July 2017, 11:38 AM   #103
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Lmfao now I know what happened
Especially as we don't really buy these watches we only sort of keep them for future generations?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 12:56 PM   #104
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Oh wow, ok.

I haven't bought any Patek lately so I haven't really visited this section of the forum and missed out on Bryan coming to this forum.

Based on his posts and his pictures I know who he is. He isn't a bad person but obviously a stubborn person and has a high opinion of himself and isn't afraid of saying what's on his mind. That's too bad, he could have some fun contribution to the forum.

Actually I have mentioned about him before, a long time ago in the forum. To this date Bryan believes he is the reason why Patek discontinued putting a number on certificate of origin that lets you know approximately when the watch was made. To make a long story short, many years ago Bryan went to a local Taiwan AD and wanted to buy a special Patek, the AD told him about a recently arrived new minute repeater and how hard it is to get a minute repeater. So Bryan bought it and obviously was happy to show this watch to family and friends, till one day a guy told him he has seen this minute repeater two years ago at the same AD.

Bryan not happy with this news and confronted the AD, and because at the time Patek has this number on the certificate of origin that lets you approximately know when the watch was produced, so armed with this information, Bryan also emailed Patek and made formal complaint (and oh yeah, Bryan shared these emails on the Taiwanese forum too, so he sure is not afraid of showing emails). Patek was stuck at a place where they wanted to defend the AD but can't get around the fact that Bryan knows the watch wasn't produced recently, so they made the AD took the watch back, and you know what, a couple of months later, new Patek watches no longer came with that number on the certificate of origin.

Bryan also shared some other stories on the Taiwanese forum such as his problematic 5016 and complained the poor workmanship on watch this expensive, that he would send the watch to Patek to repair one problem but the watch would come back with another problem.

He got into arguments with forum moderator who likes to attack him so Bryan then accused the moderator of siding with the AD because the forum is taking sponsor money from the local ADs. Needless to say Bryan was then banned (though based on those exchanges, I would side with Bryan). Bryan then started to go to China Patek forums and is very popular there, many there likes to hear his opinion on Patek. But that forum has died down (no Bryan isn't banned there) and I guess he has moved on to here....
Old 22 July 2017, 01:02 PM   #105
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
And now he is no longer here. I got more than a few laughs from him.

Old 22 July 2017, 01:40 PM   #106
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I liked him originally, a shame really...
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 01:41 PM   #107
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh wow, ok.

I haven't bought any Patek lately so I haven't really visited this section of the forum and missed out on Bryan coming to this forum.

Based on his posts and his pictures I know who he is. He isn't a bad person but obviously a stubborn person and has a high opinion of himself and isn't afraid of saying what's on his mind. That's too bad, he could have some fun contribution to the forum.

Actually I have mentioned about him before, a long time ago in the forum. To this date Bryan believes he is the reason why Patek discontinued putting a number on certificate of origin that lets you know approximately when the watch was made. To make a long story short, many years ago Bryan went to a local Taiwan AD and wanted to buy a special Patek, the AD told him about a recently arrived new minute repeater and how hard it is to get a minute repeater. So Bryan bought it and obviously was happy to show this watch to family and friends, till one day a guy told him he has seen this minute repeater two years ago at the same AD.

Bryan not happy with this news and confronted the AD, and because at the time Patek has this number on the certificate of origin that lets you approximately know when the watch was produced, so armed with this information, Bryan also emailed Patek and made formal complaint (and oh yeah, Bryan shared these emails on the Taiwanese forum too, so he sure is not afraid of showing emails). Patek was stuck at a place where they wanted to defend the AD but can't get around the fact that Bryan knows the watch wasn't produced recently, so they made the AD took the watch back, and you know what, a couple of months later, new Patek watches no longer came with that number on the certificate of origin.

Bryan also shared some other stories on the Taiwanese forum such as his problematic 5016 and complained the poor workmanship on watch this expensive, that he would send the watch to Patek to repair one problem but the watch would come back with another problem.

He got into arguments with forum moderator who likes to attack him so Bryan then accused the moderator of siding with the AD because the forum is taking sponsor money from the local ADs. Needless to say Bryan was then banned (though based on those exchanges, I would side with Bryan). Bryan then started to go to China Patek forums and is very popular there, many there likes to hear his opinion on Patek. But that forum has died down (no Bryan isn't banned there) and I guess he has moved on to here....
But I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing, or Bryan just has a massive ego that will not allow him to apologize for the mistake he made. For example say I get you a job interview at the company I work at and you arrive late or unprepared. That would be your fault and would reflect bad on my reputation to my superiors. A simple apology would have sufficed, but Bryan did not want to give one, Bryan kept making excuses, this forum is a small world and your reputation is all you have, once tarnished that's the final nail in the coffin.
Old 22 July 2017, 02:53 PM   #108
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Not just this forum that's small and tightly knit...it's the entire watch collecting world.

There's no room for poor form as news travels fast.
Old 22 July 2017, 03:04 PM   #109
KarlS
Banned

I am sure he will pop up again..,but was excellent fun sending him off to get better and better gifts...i was running out of ideas after that golf bag!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 03:26 PM   #110
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
So he complains about PP's quality and AD's but he keeps buying the watches!? If I was that unhappy about PP I'd stop buying their watches and move on to another brand.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 03:28 PM   #111
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

that would annoy me to no end if i was deceived to buy older stock of a supposedly hot minute repeater. and i don't really get the purpose of the patek seal when my 5711, my brothers 5711 and my work timer are not very accurate.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 06:40 PM   #112
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So he complains about PP's quality and AD's but he keeps buying the watches!? If I was that unhappy about PP I'd stop buying their watches and move on to another brand.
Personally I think that's fine, just because you like one brand doesn't mean you shouldn't complain about the brand if there are things you don't like.

If people don't complain, there are no incentives to improve.

Anyways, that's too bad, I don't know exactly what happened here but Bryan would have made the forum more interesting. He does have financial power to buy some rare pieces and isn't afraid to speak his mind.
Old 22 July 2017, 08:02 PM   #113
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Seems shady. Pass.

Edit: read up on recent messages. Oh my.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 08:13 PM   #114
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
I am sure he will pop up again..,but was excellent fun sending him off to get better and better gifts...i was running out of ideas after that golf bag!
And I don't think he even played golf

Someone posted a wholesale price list on here a few years ago. It was obviously deleted, and for good reason. I have a feeling that was Brian but I can't be 100% sure. He should have been banned then as it was clearly posted to be vindictive.

Will be funny if he's still visiting this forum, but unable to reply!!
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 08:20 PM   #115
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussW View Post
And I don't think he even played golf

Someone posted a wholesale price list on here a few years ago. It was obviously deleted, and for good reason. I have a feeling that was Brian but I can't be 100% sure. He should have been banned then as it was clearly posted to be vindictive.

Will be funny if he's still visiting this forum, but unable to reply!!
We were one watch away from Jamie providing the clubs for the bag!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 08:26 PM   #116
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
We were one watch away from Jamie providing the clubs for the bag!!
I wonder if Jamie knew how famous he'd become on this forum! I did get tired of Brian complaining he couldn't get a special watch, yet he did have 2 5131s.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 09:20 PM   #117
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's true he came across as arrogant and angry. Very trollish in his demeanor I thought.

Nothing wrong with having brand issues, and voicing them, but he was a bit over the top. Honestly he lost me when he started complaining about how the boxes smelled!
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 10:28 PM   #118
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
LMFAO

Quote:
Oh wow, ok.

LMFAO X10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussW View Post
I wonder if Jamie knew how famous he'd become on this forum! I did get tired of Brian complaining he couldn't get a special watch, yet he did have 2 5131s.
Yeah liked the guy and the buying power he had was interesting for the incomings, but having 2 5131's and a 5575, and still complaining all the time about not getting special pieces, was like WTF
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 10:56 PM   #119
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
He was like a watch Kardashian... maybe he can replace Scott.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 11:43 PM   #120
texex91
"TRF" Member

What a pain he must be as a 'client'...money or not.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote