The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 February 2023, 05:56 AM   #1
ScottyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: L serial 16233
Genuine Jubilee??

Hello Fellow Members,

The bracelet in the following photos came on a 16233 I purchased in 2001. RSC said "It is not manufactured by Rolex" and they want $4,100 for a new one, or they would not service the watch. Needless to say I declined the service.

Can someone tell me what would make RSC make this decision, as they offer no explanation. Sorry but the bracelet is very dirty as it was a daily driver.

Your input is greatly appreciated. Additional photos are available if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230202_135649.jpg (97.3 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg 20230202_135809.jpg (95.7 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg 20230202_135736.jpg (196.7 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg 20230202_135823.jpg (131.3 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg 20230202_135843.jpg (64.0 KB, 206 views)
ScottyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 02:49 AM   #2
Lunaen
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
I can’t offer input on the bracelet but you could just send the watch head in without the bracelet to the RSC and they should service it no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lunaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 04:44 AM   #3
jatco
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Just doing a quick search, the endlinks seem proper as does the bracelet so I don't know why that RSC has an issue...especially since they don't say why... Besides, you only want the watch to be serviced not the bracelet.. They're being difficult imo...!
I'd go somewhere else...
Maybe someone else on here can shed more info...

' A Crown for every achievement '
jatco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 09:09 PM   #4
TimeToGo

I wonder if part of the bracelet is not authentic (a blade?).
A 62523H.18 is a legit bracelet. Can't make out the clasp code.

Can you post close up pictures of the watch, blades?
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 04:36 AM   #5
oysterfisher
"TRF" Member

Bracelet looks totally legit.
V3 clasp Code - 1996

Could you verify, it has never been repinned?
oysterfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 05:40 AM   #6
TimeLord2

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
As the center section with links are what usually become stretched out, it could be they were replaced at some point with aftermarket link sections. The brushing does look quite coarse. That said, are there supposed to be cutouts on the end links? Doesn't this watch have lug holes which would mean no cutout on the end link? They too may be aftermarket unless there is a transitional model with no lug holes but with same reference number? Better pics of the clasp would help hopefully someone else can provide an answer.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 05:43 AM   #7
CTech
"TRF" Member

This looks like one of the very good replica bracelets that are difficult to tell apart from genuine ones.

There are some detail differences between the two that can be seen with careful examination, such as the font of the stampings, the shape of certain letters and the method of construction.

This one has all the correct markings but the font of the 455B on the end pieces looks wrong to me.

The way the end piece has been stamped is also incorrect and I think you will probably find some discrepancies in the shape of certain letters on the clasp.

This recent thread also refers to a suspect 62523H bracelet which is possibly aftermarket:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=888490

You should be able to find genuine 62523H bracelets with 455B end pieces on the Internet for comparison and you'll see a lot of subtle differences in surface finish, cleanness of the stamped edges, etc. as well as the more obvious font and letter shape differences.

This one is genuine, I think:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255678517134
CTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 05:56 AM   #8
jatco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTech View Post
This looks like one of the very good replica bracelets that are difficult to tell apart from genuine ones.

There are some detail differences between the two that can be seen with careful examination, such as the font of the stampings, the shape of certain letters and the method of construction.

This one has all the correct markings but the font of the 455B on the end pieces looks wrong to me.

The way the end piece has been stamped is also incorrect and I think you will probably find some discrepancies in the shape of certain letters on the clasp.

This recent thread also refers to a suspect 62523H bracelet which is possibly aftermarket:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=888490

You should be able to find genuine 62523H bracelets with 455B end pieces on the Internet for comparison and you'll see a lot of subtle differences in surface finish, cleanness of the stamped edges, etc. as well as the more obvious font and letter shape differences.

This one is genuine, I think:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255678517134
Does a PJ11 or L5 make a difference, in your link pics.. ? and one has T1 when another doesn't..?? Hard to tell...

Old 7 February 2023, 07:11 AM   #9
CTech
"TRF" Member

You are right, it is extremely difficult to tell the difference between genuine 62523H bracelets and these aftermarket ones from photographs alone, but it gets a bit easier if you have the two side by side.

The PJ11, L5 and V3 codes are date stamps and show when the clasp was made or, in the case of aftermarket items, claimed to have been made. The T1 code on the clasp of the previous thread has not been explained and was one of the reasons why this bracelet was thought to be possibly aftermarket.

L5 is May 1987, V3 is March 1996 and PJ11 is November 2008, so it's clear this type of bracelet was made over a long time period, and it's to be expected that there would be some changes in manufacturing procedures during that period.

However, looking at some details shows that certain fonts were never used by Rolex throughout that period, they never sold bracelets with rough stamped edges, wrong size pins, wrong shape cutouts, different design screws, peculiar shaped Rolex crowns, etc.
CTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 07:14 AM   #10
jatco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTech View Post
You are right, it is extremely difficult to tell the difference between genuine 62523H bracelets and these aftermarket ones from photographs alone, but it gets a bit easier if you have the two side by side.

The PJ11, L5 and V3 codes are date stamps and show when the clasp was made or, in the case of aftermarket items, claimed to have been made. The T1 code on the clasp of the previous thread has not been explained and was one of the reasons why this bracelet was thought to be possibly aftermarket.

L5 is May 1987, V3 is March 1996 and PJ11 is November 2008, so it's clear this type of bracelet was made over a long time period, and it's to be expected that there would be some changes in manufacturing procedures during that period.

However, looking at some details shows that certain fonts were never used by Rolex throughout that period, they never sold bracelets with rough stamped edges, wrong size pins, wrong shape cutouts, different design screws, peculiar shaped Rolex crowns, etc.
and

Old 7 February 2023, 07:44 AM   #11
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Assuming you like the bracelet and want RSC to service the watch, just remove the bracelet and then they should service the body.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 08:35 AM   #12
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
I wonder if part of the bracelet is not authentic (a blade?).
A 62523H.18 is a legit bracelet. Can't make out the clasp code.

Can you post close up pictures of the watch, blades?
That was my guess, though I would guess all clasp components are genuine and it's something else, like some links. Notice there's no reference to "counterfeit" (which I presume there would be if any components bearing a logo/trademark were not original).
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote