The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 January 2023, 07:30 AM   #151
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Sneakerheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParm View Post
It's funny, I started this thread just a couple months ago and my collecting habits have gone back and forth quickly. I first bought to collect (you can see one of my earlier posts about it), and now after some time I'm buying more to wear.

Having said that, I probably won't wear the L&F's and Chicago 2's - add the white cement 3's to that when I end up paying above retail for them - but that's strictly because I want to collect those because of the history / story behind them. In lieu of wearing those 3 sneakers, I've bought similar pairs that are just a tad different (Satin Snake 1's, MCR 2's, incoming UNC 3's). They still call to the historical models but are unique enough that they aren't every day pairs you see out there.

Haha, thanks Nicholas - though I don't know that my wife and wallet agree. There's just SO many good sneakers out there. Once my BLNR comes in (hopefully soon?), I'll probably have to slow down.

You all are enablers...I love it!

You heard of the shoe surgeon? You wanna see some expensive customs that are top notch go check out his page. He has a website where he sells everything. He’s one the best and does 1 of 1’s for all the celebrities and athletes. I’ve wanted to seriously buy a pair, but can’t get myself to spend the kind of money his shoes costs. Seriously awesome work. You’re welcome hahaha

https://instagram.com/thesurgeon?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.thesurgeon.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 08:06 AM   #152
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

I have 4 pairs on the way, including these Jordan 1 Maison Chateau. I’ll post more pics when all four arrive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 154BFCD7-B743-441B-966B-0E809A783AAA.jpeg (72.5 KB, 280 views)
Lawman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 09:26 AM   #153
Inseconds99
"TRF" Member

We are on the Rolex forums right? Lol
Inseconds99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 04:35 PM   #154
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman77 View Post
I have 4 pairs on the way, including these Jordan 1 Maison Chateau. I’ll post more pics when all four arrive!
These are incredible in person, congrats
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2023, 03:57 AM   #155
7sins
"TRF" Member

Went on a bit of an online AJ1 bender the last 10 days or so. The green AJ1 nubuck seqoias were an absolute PITA to find, been searching for months now but my absolute favorite. The new olive/red was a killer drop this year, very underrated, I think I scored them for ~$150 on stockx, love the tongue too. Updated shoe rack too, hope you guys enjoy following my aj1 journey and addiction.

After these white grey phantom's, og prototypes and Celestine blue's next.

As a side note, what is everyone using for shoe trees? Over the years I just used the grey cardboard inserts that come with them but was thinking there has to be a better solution?
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 16 January 2023, 08:04 AM   #156
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Went on a bit of an online AJ1 bender the last 10 days or so. The green AJ1 nubuck seqoias were an absolute PITA to find, been searching for months now but my absolute favorite. The new olive/red was a killer drop this year, very underrated, I think I scored them for ~$150 on stockx, love the tongue too. Updated shoe rack too, hope you guys enjoy following my aj1 journey and addiction.
Amazing collection!! I love these kinds of benders!

I came very close to scooping up the mid Craft's above but went with some 2017 white elephant's instead. They're definitely lookers.
JParm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2023, 09:06 AM   #157
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Amazing collection!! I love these kinds of benders!

I came very close to scooping up the mid Craft's above but went with some 2017 white elephant's instead. They're definitely lookers.
Thank you brother, you are definitely an inspiration, good to know others have habits like us. Where do you usually source from? I think I have tapped out of stockx, flightclub and GOAT.
Old 17 January 2023, 09:14 AM   #158
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

As a side note, what is everyone using for shoe trees? Over the years I just used the grey cardboard inserts that come with them but was thinking there has to be a better solution?
i know this is a sneaker thread but that shoe collection is pretty crazy too, it seems the insanity carries onto everything for us lol

i also have the gucci aces (just with the snake) and the ysl court classic embroidered just in canvas. i actually think i received the most compliments on any sneaker ever on those ysl's even though on first glance it looks like someone just sharpied "Saint Laurent" on them. mine are so beat up now i think it might be time to pick up another pair
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2023, 01:16 PM   #159
JParm

Quote:
Thank you brother, you are definitely an inspiration, good to know others have habits like us. Where do you usually source from? I think I have tapped out of stockx, flightclub and GOAT.
I really like ebay right now. I float between stockx, GOAT and ebay but prefer ebay because 1.) you can somewhat visually inspect the actual shoe you're buying (the magnifying glass works wonders!) and 2.) their authenticity guarantee is top notch; I've heard bad things about the other authenticity services from stockx/GOAT.
Old 17 January 2023, 01:42 PM   #160
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Was going to get the Chicago 2’s but they sold out of my size yesterday so ended up with these guys as my first pair. Dig them

airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2023, 01:52 PM   #161
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m very comfortable with StockX. Every pair I’ve ever bought off there (more than I care to admit) has shipped to me completely deadstock. Never an issue.
I bought a pair of Kobes from GOAT and they were clearly used despite being advertised as brand new. No refund was given. I received a $25 future credit, which I have zero intentions of using.
Old 17 January 2023, 02:38 PM   #162
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
Was going to get the Chicago 2’s but they sold out of my size yesterday so ended up with these guys as my first pair. Dig them

Welcome to the club - great 1st pair!!
Old 17 January 2023, 02:42 PM   #163
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Quote:

Goodness me, I hope your feet aren't still growing!
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2023, 01:17 AM   #164
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Just hit for the Montreal bagel dunks . These looks super clean and I’m a fan of blue, so it was a cop for me.

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 18 January 2023, 01:22 AM   #165
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Just hit for the Montreal bagel dunks . These looks super clean and I’m a fan of blue, so it was a cop for me.

I got 'em as well. I am a sucker for gum soles!
Old 18 January 2023, 11:57 AM   #166
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

These three pairs were delivered today. The Kobes are sweet, as the 6s have always been my fav. The detail work on the Maison Chateau Rouge Jordan 1s is very impressive in person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A1772575-B7D1-4D34-BE0C-AC8747C09FD8.jpeg (113.8 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpeg E75FE90A-4599-4575-B04E-76E7A64C58BB.jpeg (94.0 KB, 196 views)
Old 18 January 2023, 03:52 PM   #167
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
Damn, you guys got me into wanting some J's. Not a huge fan of the AJ1's, but I love the 3's, 4's, and 5's.
DocHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2023, 03:54 PM   #168
brkanand
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 4=YMDaytonaGMTHulk
Quote:

Fantastic!
brkanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2023, 12:35 AM   #169
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHorton View Post
Damn, you guys got me into wanting some J's. Not a huge fan of the AJ1's, but I love the 3's, 4's, and 5's.
A lot of 3's, 4's and 5's scheduled to drop this year!

The craft 4's are scheduled for Feb. 11 as the next one out of that group and of course the cement 3's next.
Old 19 January 2023, 12:42 AM   #170
HERITAGE82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post

LOVE those...Had to hold myself back from pulling the trigger the other day.
- Breitling Chronomat - 10th Anniv.
- Huguenin Freres Speedmaster Prototype
HERITAGE82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2023, 11:31 AM   #171
JParm

Can't get enough of these Maison's!

The neutral grey 2's coming out this summer are looking enticing as well...I've got a fever for 2's!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Old 19 January 2023, 03:18 PM   #172
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A lot of 3's, 4's and 5's scheduled to drop this year!

The craft 4's are scheduled for Feb. 11 as the next one out of that group and of course the cement 3's next.
I'm new to this, Lol. Where do you see what shoes are coming out and when?
Old 19 January 2023, 04:19 PM   #173
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The neutral grey 2's coming out this summer are looking enticing as well...I've got a fever for 2's!

Cool greys coming may 4th if these were the ones you were talking about

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 19 January 2023, 11:42 PM   #174
JParm

Quote:
I'm new to this, Lol. Where do you see what shoes are coming out and when?
Download the SNKRS app - that's Nike's app for newest releases and has a schedule there, though it isn't always up to date (e.g. some releases we know are coming won't show up until a day or so before).

Websites like sole collector and kicks on fire are good for news.

I also follow sneaker huddle, justfreshkicks, and snkrs stocks on Twitter, as they are some of the first to send notifications on releases and shock drops.

Instagram is a hive of activity as well, but it can get pretty deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Cool greys coming may 4th if these were the ones you were talking about
Not really a fan of those - I was talking about these ones coming out! The upcoming black cements are great too...I told you, I've got a 2 fever.

Old 20 January 2023, 09:28 AM   #175
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:

These look killer, great pair

Quote:
I’m very comfortable with StockX. Every pair I’ve ever bought off there (more than I care to admit) has shipped to me completely deadstock. Never an issue.
I bought a pair of Kobes from GOAT and they were clearly used despite being advertised as brand new. No refund was given. I received a $25 future credit, which I have zero intentions of using.
Good to know on GOAT, will avoid in the future.

Quote:
These three pairs were delivered today. The Kobes are sweet, as the 6s have always been my fav. The detail work on the Maison Chateau Rouge Jordan 1s is very impressive in person.
Those Maison AJ1's are incredible, really like those, did you get them on stockx? I've been watching for a bit, prices keep rising on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i know this is a sneaker thread but that shoe collection is pretty crazy too, it seems the insanity carries onto everything for us lol

i also have the gucci aces (just with the snake) and the ysl court classic embroidered just in canvas. i actually think i received the most compliments on any sneaker ever on those ysl's even though on first glance it looks like someone just sharpied "Saint Laurent" on them. mine are so beat up now i think it might be time to pick up another pair
Which Saint Laurent's do you have? I have the ones with the green stitching but idk about you I find them really uncomfortable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
Goodness me, I hope your feet aren't still growing!
At 34 I think my feet are shrinking
Old 20 January 2023, 09:55 AM   #176
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Which Saint Laurent's do you have? I have the ones with the green stitching but idk about you I find them really uncomfortable?
https://www.ysl.com/en-us/sneakers/c...GUP109113.html

and yeah i think they're 100% the most uncomfortable sneakers i've ever worn which is unfortunate because it's a cool design. pretty much just wore them once a week or if i went out somewhere, nice to have in a rotation but not something i'd wear if i plan to be walking all day

i also have these which are actually comfortable. not sure why there's such a difference between the two

https://www.ysl.com/en-us/sneakers/a...0M5009030.html

gucci ace's on the other hand are very comfortable though
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2023, 10:55 AM   #177
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
https://www.ysl.com/en-us/sneakers/c...GUP109113.html

and yeah i think they're 100% the most uncomfortable sneakers i've ever worn which is unfortunate because it's a cool design. pretty much just wore them once a week or if i went out somewhere, nice to have in a rotation but not something i'd wear if i plan to be walking all day

i also have these which are actually comfortable. not sure why there's such a difference between the two

https://www.ysl.com/en-us/sneakers/a...0M5009030.html

gucci ace's on the other hand are very comfortable though
I have something similar to these but with gold embroidery:

https://www.ysl.com/en-us/sneakers/c...00NI09041.html

Very stylish, cool design and high quality, but the uncomfortable AF!
Old 20 January 2023, 04:05 PM   #178
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Well, this thread got me sucked in. When I was in elementary school I had a pair of the Bo Jackson Air Trainers. Got on Nike today and Lo and behold they brought them back, so I bought a pair of the KC Royals edition, Lol. Next up are some Jordan’s. Gonna look for some 3’s, 4’s, and 5’s. Thanks for getting me addicted to something new, JParm!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 356C0DD5-2E9F-4E90-913B-63B7AA97C0A9.jpeg (174.0 KB, 99 views)
Old 20 January 2023, 10:42 PM   #179
JParm

Quote:
Well, this thread got me sucked in. When I was in elementary school I had a pair of the Bo Jackson Air Trainers. Got on Nike today and Lo and behold they brought them back, so I bought a pair of the KC Royals edition, Lol. Next up are some Jordan’s. Gonna look for some 3’s, 4’s, and 5’s. Thanks for getting me addicted to something new, JParm!
Love it! I've been on a Jordan kick but those look great and have my eye wandering...

The great thing about this hobby is that it really reaches back to our inner childhood (who doesn't remember hooping and seeing their friends with the kicks that they wanted but couldn't afford?). Now we're able to get those dream shoes without parents around to say NO!
Old 20 January 2023, 10:51 PM   #180
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Ok guys, I have to admit I’m actually liking some of these, particularly the black ones from above
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote