The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 29 January 2023, 04:08 AM   #1
DrYookulele
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Vintage jubilee end links and spring bar connection

I recently got a 1970s GMT 1675/3 with a USA-made oval link two-tone jubilee bracelet.

The end of the bracelet connects to the spring bar only via two small gold links, as pictured. The end links are hollow bent metal and do not offer any additional support for the bracelet.

Is this normal? Am I missing a part that would further reinforce how the bracelet connects to the spring bar?

I feel like two thin gold links would be a huge failure point, though many of these bracelets have made it decades, so what do I know?

DrYookulele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 06:48 AM   #2
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
That is it. I have a TT GMT master with the oval link bracelet too. I did not like the end link fitting on teh original end links as there is no spring bar retaining tube to keep the end links tight across the watch head. I ended up getting a pair of 450J end links from EBAY from a Swiss made 62523H bracelet and it fits great now. Those last links can also be folded a bit on the back to make it a little tighter. It took a while to find a good pair of 450J end links as most are selling a pair for a price that almost makes it worth buying a new bracelet with the end links. I think I paid $239 for a pair last year. This is just for pics of what it looks like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384224481529
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7149_s.jpg (267.3 KB, 31 views)
TimeLord2 is online now   Reply With Quote