The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 6 June 2020, 09:01 AM   #31
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKizzy View Post
Wow sorry to hear this, this is literally the first negative review I have seen regarding Rolliworks. I live 10 minutes from the shop in Campbell and have had nothing but good experiences ftf.
You might want to do a search. There are several reviews on here for them that are not favorable.

I would never use them again and discourage anyone from doing so. I have used them three or four times and on one occasion everything worked out OK.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 10:08 AM   #32
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
You might want to do a search. There are several reviews on here for them that are not favorable.

I would never use them again and discourage anyone from doing so. I have used them three or four times and on one occasion everything worked out OK.
The internet is full of info, some good and some bad.
My first hand experience as well as being local to the shop have taught me otherwise and I will continue to use and recommend them ;)
CKizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 12:09 PM   #33
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Well they currently have my oyster bracelet off my 16600. The stretch was very very moderate but the pin at the fliplock was a tad loose causing the clasp to “droop” a bit.

Could I have waited a while longer? 100%. However I wanted to get it close to factory before it got worse or too late. We shall see. I took before pictures and will gladly post after pics.

Granted I don’t expect a massive difference because if you guys see the “before” pics you will probably say what was I thinking. Communication thus far has been great.
Old 6 June 2020, 12:23 PM   #34
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post

I will continue to use and recommend them 100%. Mike is great!
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 09:30 PM   #35
SearChart
TechXpert

Funny, OP posts a negative review and almost a week later he hasn't checked in on the thread...
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 09:49 PM   #36
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Funny, OP posts a negative review and almost a week later he hasn't checked in on the thread...
It’s disappointing that someone can come on and post negative feedback when pressed to show some before and after photos as proof he now seems to have gone awol
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 10:04 PM   #37
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

OP last active 5 days ago.
Old 11 June 2020, 04:00 AM   #38
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
I hate to be that guy, and feel I’ll probably get some responses claiming I don’t know what I’m talking about, and that may be true to an extent as I’m not familiar with the exact process. I just saw band repair and though the gaps would be welded up and it would basically come back functioning and behaving as before without the stretch, I don’t really recall any disclaimers stating anything additional (maybe I missed them). Just wanted to write this as this is my honest take on it.

As a customer that just got my bracelet back from Rolliworks and wasn’t thrilled with what I received either, and I feel I should speak up.

My bracelet had a decent amount of stretch before, but no dents.

Once I received it back the laser welding was all done, and probably 95% of it followed the shape of the areas filled very well, I really don’t have a problem with the laser welding itself.

My issue was a few small dents around the outside edge of many of the links. As I had stated it didn’t have and sort of dents before. Although they are small I can’t help but notice them, and feel they detract from the look of the bracelet. If they were going to accidentally dent it in the process I feel that this should have been disclosed a bit more clearly somewhere, or possibly laser welding used as a filler material and polished/brushed back out to look natural.

The other issue I have is the clasp really isn’t quite right. For some reason it feels like it has more play in it, and feels almost like it folds off center somehow. Not really sure how to describe it, but once it is folded it clips unevenly under normal force. One side is clipped in and the other is still sort of hanging. It will clip fully with some extra pressure, but does not feel natural, and is pretty difficult to release after that.

Last issue I have I would say is the smallest of the bunch as I had expected some level of this, but I feel it’s a bit much, is that a few links of the bracelet bind and stick now. Not sure it’s actually from the laser welding necessarily, but as I play with it, it sort of feels like larger pins were placed in it just to take up slack that just don’t swivel quite right, and they don’t really fit properly.

Like I said I hate being that guy, but I went through them due to their reputation on here, and don’t feel I got exactly what their reputation suggests.

I do wish them all the best, and hope they can continue to refine their services as the actual work performed I feel was a bit crude versus what was advertised. I really want there to be a company that performs repair work such as case refinishing and bracelet repair/laser welding so I honestly do wish them the best, I just hope they can refine it a bit.

I did bring this up with them as well, but I mentioned I don’t believe there is much to be done at this point so not sure if they intended on responding. I did not receive a response as of yet, but since I had a few different email addresses I may have sent it to the wrong one.
Old 11 June 2020, 06:08 AM   #39
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontknow View Post
I hate to be that guy, and feel I’ll probably get some responses claiming I don’t know what I’m talking about, and that may be true to an extent as I’m not familiar with the exact process. I just saw band repair and though the gaps would be welded up and it would basically come back functioning and behaving as before without the stretch, I don’t really recall any disclaimers stating anything additional (maybe I missed them). Just wanted to write this as this is my honest take on it.

As a customer that just got my bracelet back from Rolliworks and wasn’t thrilled with what I received either, and I feel I should speak up.

My bracelet had a decent amount of stretch before, but no dents.

Once I received it back the laser welding was all done, and probably 95% of it followed the shape of the areas filled very well, I really don’t have a problem with the laser welding itself.

My issue was a few small dents around the outside edge of many of the links. As I had stated it didn’t have and sort of dents before. Although they are small I can’t help but notice them, and feel they detract from the look of the bracelet. If they were going to accidentally dent it in the process I feel that this should have been disclosed a bit more clearly somewhere, or possibly laser welding used as a filler material and polished/brushed back out to look natural.

The other issue I have is the clasp really isn’t quite right. For some reason it feels like it has more play in it, and feels almost like it folds off center somehow. Not really sure how to describe it, but once it is folded it clips unevenly under normal force. One side is clipped in and the other is still sort of hanging. It will clip fully with some extra pressure, but does not feel natural, and is pretty difficult to release after that.

Last issue I have I would say is the smallest of the bunch as I had expected some level of this, but I feel it’s a bit much, is that a few links of the bracelet bind and stick now. Not sure it’s actually from the laser welding necessarily, but as I play with it, it sort of feels like larger pins were placed in it just to take up slack that just don’t swivel quite right, and they don’t really fit properly.

Like I said I hate being that guy, but I went through them due to their reputation on here, and don’t feel I got exactly what their reputation suggests.

I do wish them all the best, and hope they can continue to refine their services as the actual work performed I feel was a bit crude versus what was advertised. I really want there to be a company that performs repair work such as case refinishing and bracelet repair/laser welding so I honestly do wish them the best, I just hope they can refine it a bit.

I did bring this up with them as well, but I mentioned I don’t believe there is much to be done at this point so not sure if they intended on responding. I did not receive a response as of yet, but since I had a few different email addresses I may have sent it to the wrong one.

Can we see some pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2020, 06:29 AM   #40
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Sort of where my finger is on the left side on the outside towards the bottom of the bracelet.

This one is not the greatest pic, but there’s 2 dents here on the left side again in this pic basically central to the pic.

This one the top link closest to the head on the right outside edge.

Obviously not the greatest pictures, and small dents, but noticeable to me and bug me as there were no dents before.
Old 11 June 2020, 06:33 AM   #41
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

This is the clasp clipped under normal force to close. I can force the other side to clip, but it clipped even and smoothly before. It unclips very hard if forced closed as well. It feels awkward too when closing like there is more play and it doesn’t line up right.

Old 11 June 2020, 06:33 AM   #42
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

I hate complaining, but just wanted to bring this up since my recent experience was somewhat similar.

I hate complaining. But I really hate to say, I wasn’t overly thrilled versus my expectations.
Old 11 June 2020, 06:55 AM   #43
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Quote:
I hate complaining, but just wanted to bring this up since my recent experience was somewhat similar.

I hate complaining. But I really hate to say, I wasn’t overly thrilled versus my expectations.

Did you contact them to discuss your concerns?

Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2020, 06:57 AM   #44
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
I would like to see Mike's response from Rolliworks regarding this latest post.
CKizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2020, 07:04 AM   #45
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heff View Post
Did you contact them to discuss your concerns?

I have, but like I said I’m not sure I sent it to the right address since I had like 3 different ones in my inbox. I haven’t heard back currently.

I mentioned as well that there’s likely nothing to be done at this point, since it’s already done.

I really do wish them the best, but I just felt I should share since this was my experience personally so anyone else can make an informed decision as all I read was positive, however I felt a bit less than positive with the actual work.

Their customer service throughout was good though. Not saying anything bad about that, I just hope they can refine the process a bit.
Old 11 June 2020, 07:21 AM   #46
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Rollworks - Unfortunate bad work

Quote:
I have, but like I said I’m not sure I sent it to the right address since I had like 3 different ones in my inbox. I haven’t heard back currently.

I mentioned as well that there’s likely nothing to be done at this point, since it’s already done.

I really do wish them the best, but I just felt I should share since this was my experience personally so anyone else can make an informed decision as all I read was positive, however I felt a bit less than positive with the actual work.

Their customer service throughout was good though. Not saying anything bad about that, I just hope they can refine the process a bit.

If their customer service throughout your repair was good, I’m guessing you’re right about the email addy mixup now.

Perhaps author a follow-up e-mail and send to all 3 addy’s you have. I know it’s a shotgun approach but it may lead to a dialog.

Each of the marks you pictured could be addressed in a couple of ways - but you and Mike should work out those options together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2020, 07:27 AM   #47
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
If their customer service throughout your repair was good, I’m guessing you’re right about the email addy mixup now.

Perhaps author a follow-up e-mail and send to all 3 addy’s you have. I know it’s a shotgun approach but it may lead to a dialog.

Each of the marks you pictured could be addressed in a couple of ways - but you and Mike should work out those options together.

I completely agree. I’m trying to be as respectful as I can to them. I really feel a bit bad about putting all this in a public forum, but just wanted to get my initial observations out as I feel these should’ve been caught before it was ever sent to me.

I’ll try the email thing though for sure. I’m not saying they’re ignoring me, I just haven’t heard a response yet. I’ll be glad to work with them, I just feel it’s worth sharing my observations and experience thus far.
Old 11 June 2020, 07:29 AM   #48
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I completely agree. I’m trying to be as respectful as I can to them. I really feel a bit bad about putting all this in a public forum, but just wanted to get my initial observations out as I feel these should’ve been caught before it was ever sent to me.

I’ll try the email thing though for sure. I’m not saying they’re ignoring me, I just haven’t heard a response yet. I’ll be glad to work with them, I just feel it’s worth sharing my observations and experience thus far.

You can also pm Mike on TRF to get on the phone.

Old 11 June 2020, 08:54 AM   #49
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:

I agree. That's what forums are for.
Old 11 June 2020, 11:27 AM   #50
Jackie Daytona
2024 Pledge Member

Quick update.

Just spoke with Mike a bit via email. He said they would be willing to take it back and try and tidy up some of these issues that I have mentioned to him in the email, which are the same items/pics from this thread, so hopefully all turns out well.
Old 11 June 2020, 11:34 AM   #51
77T
2024 Pledge Member

That’s the way I’d hope will get it sorted.
Good luck

Old 11 June 2020, 01:40 PM   #52
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Now I’m nervous

Guys after reading these posts I’m still holding onto the hope that all will turn out great but I’m kinda nervous now. As I stated earlier my stretch was quite minor and maybe not necessarily needed. Just trying to get ahead of the problem versus too late.

Anyway here is my BEFORE picture and I’ll gladly post the after. Which will hopefully be in a few more weeks. Fingers crossed that there overall fine reputation will prevail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 904E7215-5BFD-455E-9CE7-4F1C14532F6E.jpeg (62.5 KB, 1448 views)
Old 11 June 2020, 03:02 PM   #53
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
This is bracelet work RolliWorks did for me. It wears as awesome as it looks.

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 11 June 2020, 09:51 PM   #54
avidflyer
2024 Pledge Member

Mike has done several for me, he has also done some movements. Always very knowledgeable and gets the job done. I've had one come back tight, I've had some come back perfect, and one the end links were a bit tight on the case. Couple things, the tight one...wear it. it'll loosen up. The end links tight slight adjustment all good...his movements seem to be spot on. I think what we forget is....look at what we pay for the work....I don't remember his bracelet repair price but for the money it can't be beat....if one wants to look and feel like new we'll then....As far as the work quality mine has been outstanding, that doesn't mean things don't happen and depending on who did the work, and what day it is I think one or two could slip by QC....with all that said knowing Mike the way I do it's how he handles the bad ones that makes him who he is. I think if you reach out to him even if it takes twice he'll make it right that's what builds his business. in my mind it's an inexpensive bracelet repair it's not factory fresh or new but worth every penny
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2020, 10:24 PM   #55
Nickn
"TRF" Member

Just had a quote for a case refurbishment and was quoted $90 to polish a acrylic crystal
And it didn’t need doing
Nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2020, 12:50 AM   #56
Ashton_Horologist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Ok, comments like this last one are getting a bit out of hand. I understand all companies make mistakes. Let’s be honest, RSC would have screwed up more times than Rolliworks. It jumping on board to bash what they charge for things in a quote is just uncalled for. If you don’t like the price, go somewhere else. Don’t jump on a forum and complain about it as a keyboard warrior. I’ll also add that to polish a crystal properly takes a lot of time.
Ashton_Horologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2020, 04:16 AM   #57
wilsonpepper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
I sent two watches to Mike. The servicing was flawless on both. Girlfriends Lady Datejust came out "brand new". My 18238 came even better (if there is such a thing) - We both have brand new, 30 year old Rolexes !

Thanks Mike and his team at RolliWorks.

Forgot to mention, all at a fair price given the work required on these two time pieces!
wilsonpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2020, 04:44 AM   #58
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickn View Post
Just had a quote for a case refurbishment and was quoted $90 to polish a acrylic crystal
And it didn’t need doing
Piling it on are we? 100 posts in three years?

Mike did an outstanding job for me. I've referred plenty of people to him and will continue to. All very happy customers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2124.jpeg (70.9 KB, 1311 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0620.jpeg (94.2 KB, 1306 views)
Old 13 June 2020, 06:07 AM   #59
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Rolliworks - Unfortunate bad work

Bill, the OP, hasn’t returned in a week so I have a suggestion.

The majority of good experiences with Rolliworks are encouraging. However, they will be mostly lost to the ash heap of this negative review thread.

My suggestion is perhaps one or more of you might start a thread titled “Good Experience with Rolliworks”.

I don’t know Mike, nor have done business with Rolliworks. I only PM’d him to come here in the spirit of fairness.

But I feel a sense of unfairness when a bad review (even one that is settled like one here was) is left in the search results without the balance of positive experiences.

Just my 2¢

Old 13 June 2020, 06:15 AM   #60
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Bill, the OP, hasn’t returned in a week so I have a suggestion.

The majority of good experiences with Rolliworks are encouraging. However, they will be mostly lost to the ash heap of this negative review thread.

My suggestion is perhaps one or more of you might start a thread titled “Good Experience with Rolliworks”.

I don’t know Mike, nor have done business with Rolliworks. I only PM’d him to come here in the spirit of fairness.

But I feel a sense of unfairness when a bad review (even one that is settled like one here was) is left in the search results without the balance od positive experiences.

Just my 2¢

Agree!