The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 27 October 2019, 08:23 AM   #1
porky51
"TRF" Member

Panerai with Isofrane rubber strap experience

Hello, I've been looking for a good rubber strap for my Pam. Unfortunately the oem tang buckle rubber strap that came with mine is either too tight or too loose. I've tried to swap the rubber strap with the deployant clasp type and felt uncomfortable with the fitment of the clasp.

The only other rubber strap to try is the Rubberb. But they are a bit pricey for my experiment.

Suddenly I thought about the Isofrane rubber strap. I had used them in the past for other watches and find them super comfortable and reasonably priced.

Anyone have tried the Isofrane rubber strap with their Panerai? Please comment on what your thoughts and share pics. Thank you.
porky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2019, 08:02 PM   #2
ASW1
"TRF" Member

I've never used an Isofrane on a Panerai, but I find them a bit chunky at the buckle end - they don't get thinner like the OEM plus I don't think they taper.

I assume you're talking 24mm as you reference Rubber B and I think Isofrane max out at 24mm. The Rubber B looks great on the 44mm Luminor. I have one but haven't been able to fit it to the watch yet as it's in safe deposit.

I'm assuming the OEM you're using is the channel one that tends to come with most watches. This one https://www.panerai.com/gb/en/access.../mx00312x.html

Have your tried the concertina one - this has a lot more give - I have both 24 and 26 mm ones and can choose to wear loose or snugger depending on weather https://www.panerai.com/gb/en/access.../mx003qr1.html

The Panerai OEM straps are almost the same price as Isofrane, so I would experiment with the Panerai ones if you haven't tried both styles.

Also, the Panerai get thinner and taper and easily slide into the keeper. I always find Isofrane very tricky to put into the keeper(s).

The Isofrane does smell lovely though :)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
ASW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2019, 08:30 AM   #3
mlcdmd
"TRF" Member

Hey I usually post on the risti forum and stalk here. But I saw your post, I have the 24mm iso that I use in my 312.

Agree the keeper can be tight but I love the strap and the seemingly infinite number of holes helps with fit. That buckle is so solid too, they have two options, this is thicker.

Mine is older but I believe they make colors now too in this size.

Just got an error message that I can't post pics cause I don't have ten posts under my name.

It looks good... Trust me.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
mlcdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2019, 09:15 AM   #4
PanosI
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710

I use my 44 mm bettarini case Pam’s quite often with isofrane 24/24 strap.

The quality of the rubber in isofranes is second to none.

Very soft and fits like a glove on the wrist.

I use it only with retrosicuro buckles (and not inoxnuova buckles) because the tongue in those buckles have made to match perfectly with the holes in the strap and keep the strap in perfect contact with the under side of the wrist. The other buckles make a curve away from the wrist and it’s not a good fit at all.

With some many holes in the strap there is a perfect fit for everyone. No “in between holes” effect with iso’s. And of course the “ventilation” in the very hot summer days is excellent !

Try different sources with much better price from the official site.

I bought one brand new from the UK that costed me less then a second hand fro the States.

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/

Here are some pics

Here’s a navy blue iso for my Ennebi but I have use it for my 001 also and of course the OEM rubber Panerai to my Ennebi.

PanosI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2019, 11:31 AM   #5
porky51
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the feedback. They look great. Did you use the strap tubes on the Isofrane?
porky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2019, 09:40 PM   #6
PanosI
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky51 View Post
Thank you for the feedback. They look great. Did you use the strap tubes on the Isofrane?

Welcome and thanks ! No, they are too big to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PanosI is offline   Reply With Quote