The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 26 February 2020, 02:08 PM   #1
Victoria88
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lady datejust
First Lady Datejust

Hello-

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Just want to share a picture of this beauty on my wrist and see what you all think. I know the trend now is big or medium size, this is 28mm, a small size. Does it look too small on me? I am a petite person, 5’3 and under 100. I like the classy and timeless look. Also to mention, I am in my early 30s, is it look too old for me?

Attached is the picture, I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Thank you all!!
Victoria 💙
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BE3EF71F-47CD-4DB6-827F-8A930B7CD30D.jpeg (21.5 KB, 158 views)
Victoria88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 02:23 PM   #2
dimag333
"TRF" Member

First Lady Datejust

Victoria my wife is same age and body type, she has a 28, looks perfect and could never be confused as a hand me down watch from a significant other or family member. What I like about seeing a woman wear a petite watch like this is you know it was intended for her, not just an extra piece around the house.

I was filming a wedding and a bridesmaid had a woman’s president in yellow gold, looked great on her, real statement piece, incredible wrist presence.

If your worried about looking older and dated I say skip the yellow gold and go like this, I looked at this exact watch today

Rose gold & steel, jubilee, fluted, pink or chocolate dial with romans-modern power watch for a woman if you ask me

If you enjoy it get it! That’s all that matters

steve
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 05:53 PM   #3
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
This reference in particular and two tones in general goes well in small sizes. They are dress so no wrong with a 28 mm. Also it looks just awesome on your wrist Victoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 February 2020, 04:05 AM   #4
Lydster65
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex OP 177200
I think it looks lovely on your wrist, not tiny at all. And, I do happen to really like the look of the smaller case sizes. Mine is a 31mm OP, and I would not want it any larger. For one thing I do like wearing it with other bracelets and I wanted a case size that would lend itself to that (just wanted a balanced look as opposed to a large watch that might overwhelm everything else). I don't think there is ever a wrong choice, for case size or for gold colour. Go with your instinct if you can - I wasn't 100% sure about the azure blue face on my OP but when I saw it in person and on my wrist, I just knew it was right for me! (Full disclosure: my husband and I both lean toward a more 'vintage' watch size - he prefers a 36mm case for himself). Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg php8onNskAM.jpeg (144.4 KB, 129 views)
Lydster65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 08:43 PM   #5
Myzi88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydster65 View Post
I think it looks lovely on your wrist, not tiny at all. And, I do happen to really like the look of the smaller case sizes. Mine is a 31mm OP, and I would not want it any larger. For one thing I do like wearing it with other bracelets and I wanted a case size that would lend itself to that (just wanted a balanced look as opposed to a large watch that might overwhelm everything else). I don't think there is ever a wrong choice, for case size or for gold colour. Go with your instinct if you can - I wasn't 100% sure about the azure blue face on my OP but when I saw it in person and on my wrist, I just knew it was right for me! (Full disclosure: my husband and I both lean toward a more 'vintage' watch size - he prefers a 36mm case for himself). Cheers!
What a beautiful blue dial! Looks great!
I think 28 mm looks great on your wrist Victoria! You also get more space to stack cute bracelets next to it hehe :) atleast thats what I like to do!
Myzi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 10:29 PM   #6
SpicyMikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyDweller 326933
Personally I think the color combination and the size look perfect on your petite wrist, and thin frame. But then again I am not a big fan of large heavy watches on a woman's wrist. Like you said large watches is kind of a thing now but I'm not sure how long it's going to last. But all that matters is you. If you love it go for it!

Mike
SpicyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote