The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 December 2019, 11:40 AM   #31
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Love the 43mm and hope it is a success.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2019, 11:39 PM   #32
tymonster
"TRF" Member

We'll see what happens. I am definitely a fan of the Fifty Fathoms but for what I'm wanting it's just a little more "flashy" (for lack of a better term) than I'm wanting. The Barakuda is AMAZING but too $$$, same with the Mil Spec Tribute.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
tymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 09:40 AM   #33
PJ S
Banned

Glashutte Original had a great watch, similarly thick too!
They canned the Sport Evolutions due to the market space being “overcrowded”… how ironic they’re trying to compete with a retro-esque model line.

Save your money, get a Sport Evo. Alternatively, get a Girard-Perregaux Sea Hawk (Tribute to John Harrison) or Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine (just not the 'golf ball’ dial from the early ‘00s). Make sure you’re wearing welding googles, as the lume will blind you.

If Blancpain holds a certain appeal, but the FF/Bathy are too close to Rolex (bar the sapphire bezel) then look at the recently discontinued L-Evolution options, if not the Aqua Lung Big Date.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 09:46 AM   #34
psv
"TRF" Member

No for me.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 10:36 AM   #35
Amg7861
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Rhodium Dial 37
The blue dial is lovely.
I like that they kept the caseback and movement viewable, and that it’s still 300m wp.
Most of what GO do is pretty slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amg7861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 11:14 AM   #36
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbarrack View Post
+1 on this. Owned a Silverlung and loved it. Very reasonably priced, cult following and reliable movements. Also easy to sell down the road if you need to.

Don’t be thrown off by the dimensions on paper, they wear smaller than their case sizes.

I decided on a Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter. And man am I excited. Should be here next week. Was not easy to find.

I have always been into dive watches because of my dad. He rocked a Seiko and TT sub (still does) when I was growing up. He and my mom were heavy into diving in the 70's and early 80's before came into the picture. I used to throw on my dad's gear as a kid and sit at the bottom of the deep end of our pool. Have done some diving on my own in Mexico, Grand Caymen and St. Lucia before my kids came along.

Anyway, I feel like the Doxa is such a better fit to my SD4K and Pelagos LHD compared to the GO. Some day I'll add the Fifty Fathoms but for now the Sharkhunter wins the day. GO is really nice though, no doubt.

Thanks all for your input! Will post some pics once it's here.

Old 3 January 2020, 11:18 AM   #37
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymonster View Post
I decided on a Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter. And man am I excited. Should be here next week. Was not easy to find.

I have always been into dive watches because of my dad. He rocked a Seiko and TT sub (still does) when I was growing up. He and my mom were heavy into diving in the 70's and early 80's before came into the picture. I used to throw on my dad's gear as a kid and sit at the bottom of the deep end of our pool. Have done some diving on my own in Mexico, Grand Caymen and St. Lucia before my kids came along.

Anyway, I feel like the Doxa is such a better fit to my SD4K and Pelagos LHD compared to the GO. Some day I'll add the Fifty Fathoms but for now the Sharkhunter wins the day. GO is really nice though, no doubt.

Thanks all for your input! Will post some pics once it's here.

Nice! Congrats on the purchase. They are hard to find, but worth the search.

Doxa is a great brand with a long storied Swiss history. They’re truly unique... You don’t see many in the wild and it will definitely be a different look from what you have in your collection.

Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 05:26 PM   #38
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Tried the one with bracelet in Ginza Six in Tokyo. Like it, but not enough to pay close to full price for one.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2020, 06:04 PM   #39
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
I've been eyeing them pretty much since they were announced. I do think they're a bit expensive for me; I think I'll wait to see what they'll be listed for once used ones hit the market.
Old 7 January 2020, 11:44 AM   #40
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbarrack View Post
Nice! Congrats on the purchase. They are hard to find, but worth the search.

Doxa is a great brand with a long storied Swiss history. They’re truly unique... You don’t see many in the wild and it will definitely be a different look from what you have in your collection.

Delivered today. What a cool piece and a great introduction to the brand.

Old 7 January 2020, 11:46 AM   #41
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymonster View Post
Delivered today. What a cool piece and a great introduction to the brand.

The Sharkhunter is awesome. Super legible and easy to read with the white hour and then the stunning orange minute hand ... very nice. Fits you great too. They wear smaller than their size suggests.

Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 03:25 PM   #42
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

I had the Deepsea blue and sold cause it was uncomfortable and the same did with the SD43 - very uncomfortable as well.

I settled now with my Submariner ND but I want to add a high end diver as well and I have been thinking about the GO SEAQ panorama datum or the Blancpain FF - don’t know which one of both to pick ������
Rodrigo082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 01:12 AM   #43
Soarer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LV
I will pick the Blancpain FF anytime.

Old 25 February 2020, 02:59 PM   #44
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Juts got the black dial with Textil strap -what a stunning piece - defiantly after owning the Deepsea blue, SD43, sub and Blancpain FF - I can freely say - this is the best high end diver in the market - there is nothing else in that class
Old 25 February 2020, 04:23 PM   #45
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo082 View Post
Juts got the black dial with Textil strap -what a stunning piece - defiantly after owning the Deepsea blue, SD43, sub and Blancpain FF - I can freely say - this is the best high end diver in the market - there is nothing else in that class
How can something be the best high-end diver when it has the same depth rating as a much smaller 40mm Fifty Fathoms? Or a much smaller depth rating than a similarly sized SD43? Further, both, a much smaller 40mm FF and the SeaQ, have silicon hairsprings and the same power reserve.

But, please do continue to freely say there is nothing like it on the market, because it does certainly excel at under delivering water resistance for its size.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2020, 09:39 PM   #46
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Glashütte SeaQ Panorama Datum

88A78030-D507-4C22-BEAB-62CFC7D5129D.jpeg

EF4AFF14-303B-438B-B991-58A4BA3AB43B.jpeg

97EA7833-4F7E-4E01-9CEF-44C1D0CF6505.jpeg

312E0579-DC80-45AE-A499-401ED2838ADA.jpeg
Old 5 March 2020, 09:45 PM   #47
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
How can something be the best high-end diver when it has the same depth rating as a much smaller 40mm Fifty Fathoms? Or a much smaller depth rating than a similarly sized SD43? Further, both, a much smaller 40mm FF and the SeaQ, have silicon hairsprings and the same power reserve.

But, please do continue to freely say there is nothing like it on the market, because it does certainly excel at under delivering water resistance for its size.
When I say - best diver in the market - I do talk about the complete package and real advantages in daily life , that’s why the SD43 and D-blue didn’t nothing for me.

I respect Blancpain as the first diver and actually I’m sure someday I will pull the trigger for the Blancpain Barakuda... but at the moment, the Glashütte SeaQ Panorama Datum has everything I want in a high end (horology and case finishing) daily diver.

I love as well been able to look at the movement (something you can’t have with Rolex) and even if Rolex had it - the movements are not finished by hands or beautiful looking
Old 6 March 2020, 01:16 PM   #48
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
I like the Pano Date very much, but at this price point I'd be cross-shopping the Blancpain FF and GS divers.
Old 6 March 2020, 01:17 PM   #49
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Dang, that looks good
Old 3 April 2020, 02:25 AM   #50
stratlanta
"TRF" Member

Just arrived this AM. Beautiful in person. Will give it a bit to see how it "ages" but first impressions are really positive. Interesting bracelet sizing system which I'm not sure I like but it does have a micro adjust slider - something I wish every watch I owned had.

Will post more pics later.

stratlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 04:25 AM   #51
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratlanta View Post
Just arrived this AM. Beautiful in person. Will give it a bit to see how it "ages" but first impressions are really positive. Interesting bracelet sizing system which I'm not sure I like but it does have a micro adjust slider - something I wish every watch I owned had.

Congratulations, stunning watch. Wear it in good health, especially in these difficult times.
Batmannr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 06:53 AM   #52
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannr1 View Post
Congratulations, stunning watch. Wear it in good health, especially in these difficult times.
I share the same sentiments as Batmannr1. Congratulations!
Old 12 January 2021, 01:36 AM   #53
cousie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Skydweller
I’m also looking for a SeaQ Pan Date (Blue steel bracelet) or a Blancpain FF (titanium Black dial), bit stil debating between de GO and Blancpain FF. Difficult...
cousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2021, 09:42 AM   #54
Cayenne06
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Overseas DT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratlanta View Post

Not trying to dig up old threads, but I guess I really am. So you have had the GO for a while now, let’s hear some feedback. I’m really interested in this piece, especially after owning 2 Subs and currently owning a FF Bathyscaphe as well as a Panerai and wanting to consolidate. what’s the verdict?
Cayenne06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2021, 01:28 PM   #55
Jster
2024 Pledge Member

The blue dial version is beautiful. For me though it has a major fatal flaw. I can’t stand minute arrow hands. They just look wrong to me.
Jster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2021, 01:57 PM   #56
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
I think it’s comparable to a fifty fathoms for a lot less money. Yes, the retail prices aren’t too far apart but the Seaq can be had in the secondary for 7500 give or take. And, I’d put the movement finishing slightly above the FF. Dials are both excellent. Case finishing I’d give the FF a slight edge. The Seaq imo wears more comfortably. I like the domed crystal of the Seaq.

Both movements are accurate, and both have 100 hours of PR.

It’s a close call but I have to give it to the GO since it can be had about $2-3k cheaper.
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 11:50 AM   #57
tymonster
"TRF" Member

I started this post a whole ago and have been intrigued with GO since. Couldn't do the larger pano date with it's size and thickness, but the 39.5mm was perfect. Just sized today, haven't owned a piece with this level of finishing before. Very happy with it. Few snaps from tonight.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
Old 19 July 2021, 12:34 PM   #58
jmso786
"TRF" Member

Tried both the 39.5 and 43.2mm versions and for my wrist the 39.5 fit perfectly, which is a shame because I loved the 43.2 much more (applied markers, pano date, and open case back). If they could package that into the 39.5mm, that watch would be in serious contention for my money!
jmso786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 09:10 PM   #59
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Never going to happen, the 32.2mm caliber does not fit in the 39.5mm case.
GO made the (diver!) case as small as possible for this caliber and we got 43.2mm.
This watch wears great on any 16 and +cm wrist.
If you are used to smaller watches you need to let your brain adjust to the bigger size.
After a few days you'll see that the watch looks great on you.
Old 25 July 2021, 04:12 PM   #60
Justindo
"TRF" Member

GO offers excellent value for the money and doubly so if you're getting a discount or going grey or used. It's a far nicer watch than Rolex even though it doesn't have the history. It's not at the Blancpain level, either for finishing or history, but it's a lot less expensive and I think is a better value.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote