The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 7 September 2011, 05:48 AM   #91
Jfbhd4
"TRF" Member

What size is that watch? 44mm?
Jfbhd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2011, 04:06 AM   #92
Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA

Watch: Sea-Dweller DS
SDDS is the watch to have, nothing close to this watch interm of how deep this watch can go in under the sea. Beautiful watch to have with all the technology comes with it.
Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2011, 03:49 PM   #93
ag62000

MY SD
ag62000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2011, 09:13 AM   #94
prullo
"TRF" Member

I am on my third or forth

I purchased the deepsea multiple times only to sell it after convincing myself it was too large. I picked another up at the AD last Friday and I am finally comfortable with how it looks. For me it is the most aweson watch I have ever owned. Now I crave a 312 or 359 or the 233.
prullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2011, 02:30 AM   #95
michaelt

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by prullo View Post
I purchased the deepsea multiple times only to sell it after convincing myself it was too large. I picked another up at the AD last Friday and I am finally comfortable with how it looks. For me it is the most aweson watch I have ever owned. Now I crave a 312 or 359 or the 233.
Is there really ANY other Rolex that compares to this incredible statement of a watch. I don't understand why more people don't love this watch. The size is what makes it so unique and it has the Rolex quality to boot. Just saying.
michaelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2011, 06:03 AM   #96
fatfreddy

I've got a Sub, a SD and a DSSD. As a feat of engineering the DSSD is awesome but I don't find it practical to wear, which is a shame. I'm thinking of selling it but might give it another run on the wrist just to be sure!
fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2011, 06:19 PM   #97
The_Lino
"TRF" Member

This is definitely my next watch.
The_Lino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2011, 12:07 AM   #98
le_baroudeur
"TRF" Member

Wristshot?
Old 22 November 2011, 05:48 PM   #99
Jeffa32
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelt View Post
Is there really ANY other Rolex that compares to this incredible statement of a watch. I don't understand why more people don't love this watch. The size is what makes it so unique and it has the Rolex quality to boot. Just saying.
I can understand why the DSSD polarizes opinions on this forum. It is such a difference watch for Rolex to produce. One of the great attractions of the brand is the watches are design classics and stand the test of time. They are also so versitile, can wear with a suit to jeans and tshirt.

I am sure this watch will have a market, just not sure it will become a classic.
Old 22 November 2011, 06:02 PM   #100
m_allie
Banned

Watch: Deepsea,Patek 5980
Jeff the watch has its place for people that like big watches. I get what your trying to say that classic rolex like the 40mm sub are Rolex forte. but change is not bad .. if their is some following. I love the deepsea .. I also own a classic sub ..
m_allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2011, 07:23 PM   #101
Jeffa32
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_allie View Post
Jeff the watch has its place for people that like big watches. I get what your trying to say that classic rolex like the 40mm sub are Rolex forte. but change is not bad .. if their is some following. I love the deepsea .. I also own a classic sub ..
Agree with you - the watch has it's place. I was just responding to post saying they couldn't understand why people didn't like it and pointing out a few of the reasons which crop up on the forum.

Marketers refer to a consumers evoke set, which is the set of brands they consider when making a purchase. Watch enthusiasts are no different, not only do they have an evoke set, they also have clear boundaries within their evoke set. For example for sports watches, someone may only look at AP, Rolex and IWC, but once the brand stretches out of the traditional brand characteristics (such as case size), it may fall out of the evoke set. It the classic challenge of growing a brand, how do I attract new consumers without alienating the existing brand loyalists.

It one of elements that make this forum great, we all have a valid opinion. I wonder how regularly Rolex monitor thus site for feedback, it is absolute gold for a business to have this level and quality of feedback from their customers.
Old 22 November 2011, 11:49 PM   #102
Junk-ish
Banned

The thicker one in the pic. either a replica or I know nothing about Rolex whereas I only think I do. Isn't there supposed to have black digits on its side on the case?
Junk-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2011, 07:03 AM   #103
JesusSandals

I have one and I always enjoy putting it on. But it sure divides opinion here.
JesusSandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2011, 01:50 AM   #104
daytonafreak

nice watch ag62000. jealous
daytonafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2011, 05:36 PM   #105
Phxrx
"TRF" Member

The DSSD is big and may not be for everyone; however, after being properly sized (not flopping around on the wrist) it wears just as nice as a Sub etc etc. I searched the site about sizing the DSSD and found through reading and my own experience that removing the divers flip lock extension was a perfect way to size the DSSD to my 7" wrist. It also leaves a clean look of the bracelet coming from the clasp and alot of room to adjust for those hot AZ days.
Phxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2012, 12:03 AM   #106
FX44
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Great write up and pics. Thanks so much for the info.
FX44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2012, 01:38 AM   #107
Htab
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: To many
Congrats. I'm looking at adding one to my collection this week.
Htab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2012, 10:43 PM   #108
erolorhun
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 14060M
Tried one on in NYC and it really is a big, hefty, chunky bit of steel. I was so dead-set on one but after that trying-on I think that the SubC might be more up my alley. I still want one for it`s relative obscurity and for the tech involved.

automobiliana.blogspot.se
erolorhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2012, 12:55 AM   #109
westbroek
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Great watch, Congrats
westbroek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 12:09 PM   #110
big972
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LN & 126660
Nice Watch.. I have a choice of Getting the DSSD but the DJ2 also caught my eye.. couldn't decide which one to go for...
If I could only buy both.. unfortunately my Finance Minister only approved one purchase only..

Thanks and enjoy the watch!
big972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2012, 03:28 AM   #111
skeetshooter

Watch: Serti Sub
Beautiful. Thanks for the great comparison shots.
skeetshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2012, 09:21 PM   #112
seagateguide
"TRF" Member

Really nice watch you got there
seagateguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2012, 01:50 PM   #113
Bigbadcj
Banned

I've also bought it more then once. Only to end up selling it. I still can't seem to click with it.
Bigbadcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2012, 07:47 AM   #114
Sluggy123

Nice watch
Sluggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2012, 09:24 AM   #115
Luv2watches

Watch: On which day?
For as long as I've been interested in and buying Rolexes, I've never known the DSSD was any larger than a GMT or Sub. So I am just realizing I've never even seen one.
Luv2watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 12:03 PM   #116
SDDS17
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP2-42, DJ2, SMPO
Two year update

Hello Forum Members...
I wish I had something interesting to report, but I still feel the same way as I did with my original post!!! The watch is my daily wearer and I do not see anything in the near future that will replace it. I have tried to wear my EXP II (old model) and it just seems too small now??? Anyway my watch is still mint, even tho I wear it every day. I do try to be careful with it, but know it will not get harmed with a couple bumps. To all that have purchased them I hope you are still enjoying them as much as I am!!

Is there writing on the inner ring, have not noticed it in almost two years. Just funny how this was one of the biggest complaints, and after time is barely even noticed...

SDDS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2012, 07:36 PM   #117
penfold
"TRF" Member

I've been wearing my GMTII pepsi for the last week so will feel strange next time I put on the DSSD. I find it takes a few days to climatize to it after I've been wearing something smaller and lighter. It is very comfortable but you're never going to forget it is there. After seeing PSV's pics I'm now in two minds over getting an isofrane for it.
penfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2012, 09:14 PM   #118
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats! This watch is high up on my want list. Love the pics and the comparison with the sea-dweller
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2012, 09:42 PM   #119
How
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, Tudor 1960
Icon14

Congratulations and welcome to the Deepsea club! What you said was 110% right... everything you said about the Deepsea is so true.

Only when you have it on your wrist that all its heavenly glory shines, and you realise there is much much more beauty to it than what you see online or through the glass case at your AD.

It truly is a Masterpiece. Here is my new baby that I added to my Rolex collection last week...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deepsea-004 Final.jpg (58.2 KB, 208 views)
How is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2012, 12:01 AM   #120
drjfc62

Watch: DSSD, TT sub
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and joined because of THIS watch. Really love the enthusiam and passion for the brand that you all have. I've loved my TT sub that I've had for the past 15 years but really, really want the DSSD. I'm in the process of trying to figure out the best way to sell or trade the sub so I can get this magnificent piece.
drjfc62 is offline   Reply With Quote