The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Which one should go ?
SkyD Blue Face 23 22.55%
26331 ROC Chrono White Panda 40 39.22%
26400io ROO 44 TI 39 38.24%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 February 2019, 05:03 PM   #31
Uros
"TRF" Member

Uf not easy, if you let go ROC then you wont have AP with steel bracelet in collection ant thats such a pity. 44 titanium/ceramic is also amazing casual piece.

How often do you wear rolex? If not a lot let it go if yes then probably better not to buy 15400 at expense of other pieces...

Good luck and no regrets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2019, 08:16 PM   #32
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzpam View Post
I started this thread to get other forum members opinions as I value this community and what it has to offer. I don't find such threads pointless (you don't need to participate if you do) and truly appreciate everyone who has taken the time to either vote and/or leave a comment.

I am aware that everyone has their own opinion and what I am doing is gathering these in an effort to help in my decision. Forum members input IS valuable to me even, as in you case, when it is given with pointed sarcasm. Clearly you like voicing your opinion as well.

As an aside, I have a 7" flat wrist and can easily pull off any RO, ROC or ROO.

Keep those opinions coming folks !
Ok, so let’s run with the idea that the major cite the ROOC as being the one to move on, because they consider it too big (either generally or purely for their wrist) — in what way has that been of valuable to you?
Are you going to act upon that, even though you like its size, and it wears well on your wrist?

If you are genuinely struggling to choose, detail what the actual quandary is.
Does the Panerai rarely get worn, so the ROOC fulfils the larger casual-wear option?
Is the ROC bracelet the stimbling block because you may miss its faceted details compared with the Rolex’s?
Are you apprehensive about putting all your eggs in one basket, should the Rolex go?
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 01:06 AM   #33
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Ok, so let’s run with the idea that the major cite the ROOC as being the one to move on, because they consider it too big (either generally or purely for their wrist) — in what way has that been of valuable to you?
Are you going to act upon that, even though you like its size, and it wears well on your wrist?

Does the Panerai rarely get worn, so the ROOC fulfils the larger casual-wear option?
Is the ROC bracelet the stimbling block because you may miss its faceted details compared with the Rolex’s?
Are you apprehensive about putting all your eggs in one basket, should the Rolex go?
You must be a very successful man having all the answers and not seeking input from others!

If someone is looking for an opinion on something from someone they value would have good insight on the matter why not get it?

Also this is a discuss board, if you don't want to be involved in it, just move on.
Mainewatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 05:58 AM   #34
PJ S
Banned

^
1. I know my own mind/can assess matters by myself, neither of which are remotely related to success, but simply a case of confidence in one’s own abilities.

2. Have we seen any signs of insightfulness so far?

3. Where’s the discussion within this thread, bar our exchange?

Now, remind us which member has actually bothered to ask any questions to get the OP thinking or give us something more to make a rational argument for?
As a result of my posts, we know his wrist size and shape, and that the Panerai and ROOC don’t look comically big on him.
You, and 2 others, jumped straight in with personal prejudices about the ROOC’s size without the above knowledge, which is of no consequence to him.
Old 15 February 2019, 08:24 AM   #35
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
Quote:

Yes, the Panerai is almost never worn and the ROOC is the casual piece, I can wear it to the office as well but it certainly does not fit under the cuff well...and I would miss the AP ROC bracelet....a true piece of art.

I like the SkyD complication and find it useful and while I realize it is a polarizing piece, its one I like. It's in my top 2 or 3 favorite Rolex models.

I am leaning towards letting either the ROC or the 44 Ti go.
yyzpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 08:26 AM   #36
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^
1. I know my own mind/can assess matters by myself, neither of which are remotely related to success, but simply a case of confidence in one’s own abilities.

Now, remind us which member has actually bothered to ask any questions to get the OP thinking or give us something more to make a rational argument for?
As a result of my posts, we know his wrist size and shape, and that the Panerai and ROOC don’t look comically big on him.
You, and 2 others, jumped straight in with personal prejudices about the ROOC’s size without the above knowledge, which is of no consequence to him.
Ok....you win.....your questions are certainly probing....and noting wrong with getting more info out of me. Like I said, I appreciate ALL of the feedback.
Old 15 February 2019, 09:36 AM   #37
PJ S
Banned

^
I didn’t win anything, since that was never an intention – but leaving that aside, let’s see if there’s a compromise you can live with.

On the basis of selling the ROOC leaving you without a watch for the casual role, and assuming you’re not broke from buying the RG 15400, then is there a potential for taking some of its funds and opting for the like of a Girard-Perregaux Chrono Hawk, Roger Dubuis Excalibur, Parmigiani Fleurier Pershing, or Piaget Polo 45 LE

If you do need all the funds to offset the outgoings for the incoming, then I see no other option than to let the ROC go.
You’ll still have a bracelet, leather, and rubber, as well as AC, chronograph, and time only.
Old 15 February 2019, 09:40 AM   #38
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
The ROC dial and RO dial are the most similar, so I'd let the ROC go.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 12:48 PM   #39
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^
I didn’t win anything, since that was never an intention – but leaving that aside, let’s see if there’s a compromise you can live with.

On the basis of selling the ROOC leaving you without a watch for the casual role, and assuming you’re not broke from buying the RG 15400, then is there a potential for taking some of its funds and opting for the like of a Girard-Perregaux Chrono Hawk, Roger Dubuis Excalibur, Parmigiani Fleurier Pershing, or Piaget Polo 45 LE

If you do need all the funds to offset the outgoings for the incoming, then I see no other option than to let the ROC go.
You’ll still have a bracelet, leather, and rubber, as well as AC, chronograph, and time only.
I have the ability to pick up a higher end casual piece (i.e. Sub, GMT, older VC Overseas, Tudor, Omega, etc...) should I choose to do so. These are all nice but not in the league of the 44Ti, which I do like very much.

So it will be between the ROC and the 44Ti as to who goes.
Old 15 February 2019, 02:56 PM   #40
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

I think SkyD and 44 ROO have more staying power, never a fan of the ROC
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 09:29 PM   #41
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
I have the ability to pick up a higher end casual piece (i.e. Sub, GMT, older VC Overseas, Tudor, Omega, etc...) should I choose to do so. These are all nice but not in the league of the 44Ti, which I do like very much.

So it will be between the ROC and the 44Ti as to who goes.
The Sub/GMT, Tudor, and Omega are far from “higher end” – they’re distinctly decent, but run-of-the-mill.
Presumably you’re referring to the 2nd Gen VCO, which would be more in line with RO than ROO, so one of those with its bracelet would make a suitable replacement for the ROC.

Don’t get me wrong, the ROOC is grand, but it really isn’t all that – stamped dial, mediocre lume, suspect reliability from the movement. The VCO is a notch above, and I’d certainly put the PF and RD on an equal pegging to it, although I don’t consider the GP, nor the Piaget, to be all that much behind the Overseas either.

Since you have the ROOC on a pedestal, then I’d recommend letting the ROC go and adding the Overseas for additional variety.
Old 15 February 2019, 09:33 PM   #42
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
I started this thread to get other forum members opinions as I value this community and what it has to offer. I don't find such threads pointless (you don't need to participate if you do) and truly appreciate everyone who has taken the time to either vote and/or leave a comment.

I am aware that everyone has their own opinion and what I am doing is gathering these in an effort to help in my decision. Forum members input IS valuable to me even, as in you case, when it is given with pointed sarcasm. Clearly you like voicing your opinion as well.

As an aside, I have a 7" flat wrist and can easily pull off any RO, ROC or ROO.

Keep those opinions coming folks !
Exactly ... ignore him. There wouldn’t be much to talk about here on TRF otherwise
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 12:19 AM   #43
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^

Wait, after all that you give you opinion?!
Old 16 February 2019, 12:21 AM   #44
Mainewatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^

He asked which one would YOU (us) give up! Also asked for thoughts and feedback which some have given. To me it just sounds like you want to be an ass but next time just move on!