The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 March 2017, 01:00 AM   #1
Vetracer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Phantom waiting lists?

I used to buy watches from ADs after seeing what I liked in the window. Nowadays, there's nothing of interest to me in windows so I started ringing around to put my name on "the waiting list" for a watch released by Rolex today.

All the official Rolex boutiques I called in London said "there's no waiting list, we don't know when the watches will be coming in and we're not reserving any or taking deposits."

The non official dealers I called claimed to have a list but I question their legitimacy given that The official Rolex stores aren't bothering.

Someone help me understand how this works please.
Vetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 01:02 AM   #2
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetracer View Post
I used to buy watches from ADs after seeing what I liked in the window. Nowadays, there's nothing of interest to me in windows so I started ringing around to put my name on "the waiting list" for a watch received today.

All the official Rolex boutiques I called in London said "there's no waiting list, we don't know when the watches will be coming in and we're not reserving any or taking deposits."

The non official dealers I called claimed to have a list but I question their legitimacy given that The official Rolex stores aren't bothering.

Someone help me understand how this works please.
I have learned the lists are largely bs. You either know the person making the allocations or you dont. People who spend more or are good friends of the owner are the list.

I don't see anything that will be impossible to get this year.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote