The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2018, 09:54 AM   #1
chad362wiley
"TRF" Member

Getting the correct fit on the RG44

Hey all,

Absolutely love my offshore 44. The balance between black and gold colors to me is spot on, and the size is perfectly fine on my wrist. the pushers are badass.

I'm simply having a problem getting the correct fit due to the weight of the piece. I am right in between the 2nd and 3rd notches on the strap, 2 being too tight and visibly squeezing my wrist, while 3 giving it just enough slack to let the top heaviness overcome my wrist and have it awkwardly hang off.

Some friends recommended mixing and matching short straps, but Im confused what is meant by this and looking for advice. So, keep one side (i.e. 12:00 side) normal, then use short strap on 6:00 side and vice versa?

IF anyone has struggled with 44 fit before and found a solution please lmk.

Old 21 June 2018, 12:53 PM   #2
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Is your wrist around 7”?

If so, what worked for me was having the regular strap on the tang buckle at 6 o’clock and the short strap at 12 o’clock. I use the 2nd hole and my CE44 sits very comfortably

Last edited by HK Islandboy; 21 June 2018 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: iPhones suck...missing typing on my blackberry
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 01:17 PM   #3
gummy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: AP PP Rolex
With the 44mm I find the right "mix" of straps for me is to use the "short" strap (side with the holes) and keep the reg size on the tang side.

This gives me a comfortable fit.
gummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 03:55 PM   #4
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
My wrist is 7.5” and I use the second hole which gives a perfect fit and there is no top heavy movement at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 05:52 PM   #5
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
The different size straps are for different wrist sizes obviously however if you are between holes like it appears you are you can mix the straps as by doing so it moves the hole placement to the between holes position (hope that makes sense)

Now depending on where the buckle lies will determine which side to swap out, if buckle placement is spot on then swap out the 6 o’clock strap or the reverse if the buckle position is too far over.

I’ve never had to do this but I do believe the most common way is to leave the 12 o’clock in postion and swap the 6 o’clock side
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 08:27 PM   #6
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
I got the perfect fit on my rubber strap by pairing a std rubber strap with a XS rubber strap, one at each end. That is possible because I also got a free XS rubber strap when I bought it from the boutique. This fits me perfect and my wrist size is 6.75". Otherwise, just the std strap is too large while the XS strap is too small. You might want to try.