The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 June 2018, 06:33 AM   #451
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
He's not hungry enough. I was afraid he was mentally weak after the first game, and previous tourneys, but had to give him the benefit of the doubt, but in this game he just disappeared, he should have dropped into midfield and been the creator for Aguero and Iguain, but God knows what he and the coach are thinking.
Agreed. Didn't like the formation Sampaoli chose (obviously easy to judge after the game). Also didn't like subbing in Dybala on the wing, when is most definitely not a wing and Di Maria is sitting on the bench wondering why am I not playing? Overall - 2 weak efforts by Argentina. I though Croatia deserved the win overall.
Old 22 June 2018, 11:14 AM   #452
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakWithMichael View Post
He attempted 11 shots on goal vs Iceland, but none hit the back of the net. He also assisted in several other attempts, such as the play that created the penalty, which he missed.
He is one man , not a team or a whole country!!!
Sad ???? Yes , but true ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 11:32 AM   #453
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
He's not hungry enough. I was afraid he was mentally weak after the first game, and previous tourneys, but had to give him the benefit of the doubt, but in this game he just disappeared, he should have dropped into midfield and been the creator for Aguero and Higuain, but God knows what he and the coach are thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
Agreed. Didn't like the formation Sampaoli chose (obviously easy to judge after the game). Also didn't like subbing in Dybala on the wing, when is most definitely not a wing and Di Maria is sitting on the bench wondering why am I not playing? Overall - 2 weak efforts by Argentina. I though Croatia deserved the win overall.
Sad !!! Not really a Croatia fan but Messi is only one man !
I’m of another opinion . Saw the goals and I think Croatia
unfortunately caught Argentina on a very emotional bad day ...
Old 22 June 2018, 08:34 PM   #454
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstarmar View Post
Sad !!! Not really a Croatia fan but Messi is only one man !
I’m of another opinion . Saw the goals and I think Croatia
unfortunately caught Argentina on a very emotional bad day ...
In my first or second post I said I was backing Messi to be a star and to take Argentina very far, but the rivalry with Ronaldo seems to have made Ronaldo stronger and Messi weaker. I thought Messi was tougher than this, but he looks like a fair-weather type, and Ronaldo a hurricane type.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 08:38 PM   #455
dmash
"TRF" Member

Argentina is going to disown Messi if they go out in group stages.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 09:37 PM   #456
superstarmar
Banned

Quote:
In my first or second post I said I was backing Messi to be a star and to take Argentina very far, but the rivalry with Ronaldo seems to have made Ronaldo stronger and Messi weaker. I thought Messi was tougher than this, but he looks like a fair-weather type, and Ronaldo a hurricane type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Argentina is going to disown Messi if they go out in group stages.
Yup !!! Agreed
Old 22 June 2018, 09:52 PM   #457
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Looking forward to Brazil, expecting a real samba show... or this really will be the year of the underdog.
Old 22 June 2018, 10:14 PM   #458
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Looking forward to Brazil, expecting a real samba show... or this really will be the year of the underdog.
Costa Rica is going to put 11 guys behind the ball line, so it's not going to be an open, skillful game.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 11:38 PM   #459
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

This is ridiculous. Now we have to play against the ref as well.
Old 22 June 2018, 11:46 PM   #460
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Costa Rica straight taking a nap on the pitch
Old 22 June 2018, 11:48 PM   #461
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

A few players here auditioning for the Oscars. Embarrassing.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 11:48 PM   #462
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Finally
Old 22 June 2018, 11:48 PM   #463
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
A few players here auditioning for the Oscars. Embarrassing.
When the two guys were down at the same time that was ridiculous. Got what they deserved.
Old 22 June 2018, 11:49 PM   #464
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I was looking forward to Neymar’s post match tantrum.
Old 22 June 2018, 11:53 PM   #465
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Goooooooolllllllll
Old 22 June 2018, 11:54 PM   #466
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
I could almost root for Brazil.....if they didn’t have Neymar. Hate that guy.
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 11:57 PM   #467
cdmorenot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Neymar is the biggest POS in football. Talented? Heck yes. This is what happens when you give money to a bum.

Sad for Navas - Happy about the Brazil win. Costa Rica thought they could win the game by burning time.

No way.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 23 June 2018, 12:00 AM   #468
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
Neymar is the biggest POS in football. Talented? Heck yes. This is what happens when you give money to a bum.

Sad for Navas - Happy about the Brazil win. Costa Rica thought they could win the game by burning time.

No way.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Perhaps controversial...

Agree supremely talented. But also a hype job. He isn’t quite as good as the press he gets. Sure he’s scored a boatload for Brazil, but not so much when it counts and they do play a lot of games against rubbish teams.

He’s not fit to lace up the boots of (Brazilian) Ronaldo, Romario or Ronaldinho.
Old 23 June 2018, 12:24 AM   #469
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Referee was brilliant, tough and not afraid to reverse a wrong penalty he awarded. Neymar tried to boss him but he lost that battle! Hope all refs take note.

Neymar impressed me today, he's not match fit and his touch was poor but he didn't hide away and he always wanted the ball and wanted to try things even when his legs were too slow, great attitude. Messi take note.

Overall Brazil are good but nothing to fear. I don't really fancy them, unless Coutinho starts to dominate their play. Hope they play Germany soon... if Germany get thru that is...
Old 23 June 2018, 12:30 AM   #470
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Referee was brilliant, tough and not afraid to revers a wrong penalty he awarded. Neymar tried to boss him but he lost that battle! Hope all refs take note.

Neymar impressed me today, he's not match fit and his touch was poor but he didn't hide away and he always wanted the ball and wanted to try things even when his legs were too slow, great attitude. Messi take note.

Overall Brazil are good but nothing to fear. I don't really fancy them, unless Coutinho starts to dominate their play. Hope they play Germany soon... if Germany get thru that is...
One thing we can agree on, my friend: hope we get Germany as soon as possible. Can't. Wait.
Old 23 June 2018, 12:32 AM   #471
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
One thing we can agree on, my friend: hope we get Germany as soon as possible. Can't. Wait.
me neither, maybe we can make it 8 goals this year It only took us 29 minutes to score 5 last time.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 12:33 AM   #472
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
me neither, maybe we can make it 8 goals this year
We'll see.
Old 23 June 2018, 12:40 AM   #473
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Perhaps controversial...

Agree supremely talented. But also a hype job. He isn’t quite as good as the press he gets. Sure he’s scored a boatload for Brazil, but not so much when it counts and they do play a lot of games against rubbish teams.

He’s not fit to lace up the boots of (Brazilian) Ronaldo, Romario or Ronaldinho.
Sad that people don't talk about Pele as they used to. I guess because the new generation never saw him playing. I'm not that old (48) but I remember from my childhood and there was no other like him. Three times world champion, largest number of gols scored in history (1279), I mean, the guy is the most important player in this sport and was a pleasure to see in the field. All those guys you mentioned were great but none was a true genious like him. Neymar is a very talented guy that I wish were more serious, but he still have time to mature I hope.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 12:46 AM   #474
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Sad that people don't talk about Pele as they used to. I guess because the new generation never saw him playing. I'm not that old (48) but I remember from my childhood and there was no other like him. Three times world champion, largest number of gols scored in history (1279), I mean, the guy is the most important player in this sport and was a pleasure to see in the field. All those guys you mentioned were great but none was a true genious like him. Neymar is a very talented guy that I wish were more serious, but he still have time to mature I hope.
Spot on.

I try to avoid comparisons with player's I've never seen play. Pele was obviously an all time great, widely considered the greatest and I can't argue with that because I never saw him. But people who say "player x was amazing" whilst never actually seeing x play are being a bit disingenuous. So I compared Neymar to the three best Brazilians that I've seen with my own eyes. And he ain't as good! So 3-World Cups Pele is a long way in the distance, even if Neymar breaks his scoring record.
Old 23 June 2018, 12:51 AM   #475
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Spot on.

I try to avoid comparisons with player's I've never seen play. Pele was obviously an all time great, widely considered the greatest and I can't argue with that because I never saw him. But people who say "player x was amazing" whilst never actually seeing x play are being a bit disingenuous. So I compared Neymar to the three best Brazilians that I've seen with my own eyes. And he ain't as good! So 3-World Cups Pele is a long way in the distance, even if Neymar breaks his scoring record.
I get it buddy. That's normal actually. It was just something your post made me remember.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 01:24 AM   #476
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes, huge game for you guys, and an even huger game for them v Sweden, who are not a bad side and they could end Germany's WC early, I would much prefer Korea first.
Old 23 June 2018, 01:30 AM   #477
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes, huge game for you guys, and an even huger game for them v Sweden, who are not a bad side and they could end Germany's WC early, I would much prefer Korea first.
Yes, less traditional teams have been putting on quite a fight is this world cup, it's been really interesting to watch! Hope Germany goes past the group stage, though, as the tournament wouldn't be as exciting without them.

Shame Italy and Holland aren't here as well.
Old 23 June 2018, 01:31 AM   #478
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Iceland! Pretty much all favored teams have disappointed so far. Feel bad for Keylor "the man" Navas.
Old 23 June 2018, 01:37 AM   #479
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes, less traditional teams have been putting on quite a fight is this world cup, it's been really interesting to watch! Hope Germany goes past the group stage, though, as the tournament wouldn't be as exciting without them.

Shame Italy and Holland aren't here as well.
I think defences are better organised and better disciplined, like Costa Rica were, esp at 0-0, so getting that first goal is very important to the "good" teams to then open them up.

As I'm English I can't hope Germany go thru, I just can't.
Old 23 June 2018, 01:45 AM   #480
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think defences are better organised and better disciplined, like Costa Rica were, esp at 0-0, so getting that first goal is very important to the "good" teams to then open them up.

As I'm English I can't hope Germany go thru, I just can't.
Believe me, not easy for me to root for them as well . But, in the end, I just crave the big games.