The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 June 2018, 08:30 PM   #31
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
I’ve not watched your video, but from the responses you’ve provided in your comments it seems like getting a DJ would make you happier than the HULK; due to the diversity it’d bring you. Are you getting caught up in the HULK mania?

For what it’s worth, I had both the BLNR and a no date SUBC for an 18 month period and whilst similar, I found them different enough to appreciate each individually.

Focus on what you want and what will make you happiest, remove the investment angle if you can as that gets in the way of the heart!

Good luck deciding, Niki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ikincooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 08:44 PM   #32
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Sell the OP and get the DJ41. It would give you more diversity, is a cheaper option and I think it excites you more...or seemed to from the video at least. I think having the classy dressy look with the jubilee will be a great chance of pace from the batman.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 10:27 PM   #33
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
It’s very dependent on the light.

I’ve heard.

Beautiful dial

schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 03:48 AM   #34
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkwan View Post
Skydweller is way beyond the budget.
Not if you really want the watch; I'd flip the BLNR and the OP towards it.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 07:33 PM   #35
emkwan
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116710 BLNR
OMG! Sounds crazy but I saw a hulk in the flesh yesterday! I never understood the crazy fascination until yesterday!!! It’s beyond beautiful and dynamic! I totally understand and get the craze now !!!
emkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 08:47 PM   #36
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkwan View Post
OMG! Sounds crazy but I saw a hulk in the flesh yesterday! I never understood the crazy fascination until yesterday!!! It’s beyond beautiful and dynamic! I totally understand and get the craze now !!!
No brainer.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 09:37 PM   #37
emtee
"TRF" Member

Hulk!
emtee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 12:06 PM   #38
Dompropat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
It definitely sounds like the DJ41 is the one you want in the video.

Update: Looks like you saw the Hulk in person and liked it...FWIW If it were my collection, I'd prefer to have the combo of the BLNR and LVc.
Dompropat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:20 PM   #39
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsanders1985 View Post
Hulk!

Hulk. Nothing pops like that emerald dial and the Batman will die as the Pepsi SS come on line.

The choice isn't even close it eye appeal is a factor.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 11:58 PM   #40
zengineer
"TRF" Member

for many, the Hulk will win over almost any watch and any vital organ up to and including a Kidney.

I get it, but in your case the Datejust would be the better replacement. The Hulk and Batman would be two similar watches that both limit what they can (should?) be worn with.
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 12:38 AM   #41
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Get the LVc. I try not to steer my purchases based on what I already have. Buy what you like best!
Old 27 June 2018, 02:49 PM   #42
emkwan
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
for many, the Hulk will win over almost any watch and any vital organ up to and including a Kidney.

I get it, but in your case the Datejust would be the better replacement. The Hulk and Batman would be two similar watches that both limit what they can (should?) be worn with.
Thanks for the input. I keep going back and forth with the decision... It's tough! :-(
emkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 03:41 PM   #43
JPMickB83
"TRF" Member

I respect the hulk but can’t seem to get over the disparity between the matte-ish bezel and the super bright sunburst dial. To me it’s a bit of a mismatch (and I know I’m in the minority here). Also, even though the GMT and Sub share the same case, the sub sits higher due to the thicker caseback, which was slightly less comfortable on my wrist. In the end it may turn out to be a good investment, or the market may crash in a couple years; no way to tell.

I really like the DJ option you’re leaning towards (jubilee + smooth + blue) and I wouldn’t hesitate to trade in the OP39 for it. That said, even the DJ feels a little disproportioned on my wrist (which is 7.5”, so it’s not a wrist size issue, and also obviously this is just my own personal taste here). Funny to think that the “dressier” watch (the DJ) is technically larger (41mm vs 40mm) too.

Have you looked at the new OP39 in white? With all lumed markers, no playful colors, and a white Dial to match the black BLNR’s Dial, it could be a match made in heaven. If the dealer could replace the clasp for one with an easy link I’d jump right on that.

Anywho, just my $0.02, and I enjoyed your video.

JPMickB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 05:46 PM   #44
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Sell the OP and buy a blue or rhodium fluted DJ41. I just don’t like green so a hulk would never be an option. Plus you already have the BLNR so it seems totally pointless owning both.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 09:05 PM   #45
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Hey Emkwan, what an awesome video. I wish I had the courage to do that...

I had a great collection at one time but I got the flipping bug.

Get the hulk and keep it.

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 11:01 PM   #46
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I think your best bet is to get the Lvc now...pairs very nicely with the BLNR, IMO, and may be more difficult/expensive to get down the road. May be.

If that combo didn't suit you and you wanted a dressier option to go with the BLNR, it would be a lot easier to flip the LV for a DJ then vice versa.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 01:44 PM   #47
Justindo
"TRF" Member

I always say get what you want but it seems you're really enamored with both the blue dial jubilee smooth bezel DJ41 and the Hulk, so perhaps you should pick these both up and sell your current watches.

That written, I personally would keep the two you have and add a Hulk when funds allow and when you get the call. You certainly won't lose money on the Hulk while you'll lose money on your OP and the DJ41 should you ever sell it. Also, while the BLNR and the Hulk are similar, the colors make them quite different to me.

From my perspective, I don't really see what the DJ41 offers over your OP other than a date (not really desirable, in my opinion, in a dressy watch, especially with a cyclops), a jubilee bracelet, and a blue v. gray dial. Granted, some may consider these things large but anything the DJ41 can do, the OP can do just as well and you already have it. If you do go for the DJ41, I would opt for the fluted bezel because it makes it a more unique watch compared to the sports models and goes better with the jubilee. Also, you have blue covered with your current BLNR.

Have you considered other brands other than Rolex? Do you have an idea where your collection will go in the future?
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote