The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22 June 2018, 09:28 AM   #61
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Old 22 June 2018, 09:36 AM   #62
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I played soccer at a fairly high level, and I was kicked so hard in the groin I threw up.

I can’t image feeling worse pain than that. I think I’d rather take a shot to the face
Old 22 June 2018, 10:00 AM   #63
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I have never been clocked by a complete stranger.

I was clocked once by my brother when I was a teen.

It was mutual and hurt like hell.

Chewy, what happened? I hope you’re ok.
nothing.

i'm good.

Old 22 June 2018, 10:01 AM   #64
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I played soccer at a fairly high level, and I was kicked so hard in the groin I threw up.

I can’t image feeling worse pain than that. I think I’d rather take a shot to the face
stop crying already!

karma got you a gmt 59 years later.

Old 22 June 2018, 10:28 AM   #65
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Yeah, I’ve been in my fair share. Never a broken nose though.
I have, though, broken my hand a couple times on people’s heads/orbital... luckily I was hit first with several witnesses and no charges pressed on the orbital one, thankfully
Old 22 June 2018, 11:59 AM   #66
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

Its a fight and its not supposed to be fair.
Agreed. If it’s come down to a fight, honor and civility are already out the window.
Old 22 June 2018, 01:39 PM   #67
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I was an amateur kick boxer (san shou) for about 3 years.

And I worked the door at many bars.

I have been hit in the face...hard, ALOT.

I have also been jumped and "knocked the F out", with a sucker punch.
My boy!! Same here, i live in the South- fighting is second only to football
Old 22 June 2018, 02:08 PM   #68
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Watch: various vintage
Been lucky to be on the higher end of the range in terms of height and muscle mass for the ethnic group I hail from. So ppl didn't want to square off with me, not that I went out of my way to tussle. I was oftentimes the guy who would get in the middle to separate combatants.

Closest thing to a punch in the face was playing in a pickup basketball game at my gym, and by virtue of being the tallest guy on my team, I got to guard the 6'7", 270+ lb, single digit % body fat dude who'd played D1 basketball and professionally overseas. He posted me up on the high block, turned with his elbows extended (not in a malicious way, just a textbook back to the basket spin move) and caught me flush with an elbow that landed between my temple and my orbital socket. I went down in a flash, and didn't get up for awhile b/c it effing hurt! He apologized, and the game continued after a minute or so.

I'll echo the sentiments that I've got way too much to lose nowadays, so no thoughts whatsoever about engaging. Now the play is to remind myself that I don't want to be "that old azz man in the club", which makes it much easier to avoid any drama.

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
Old 22 June 2018, 02:15 PM   #69
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
for as long as i've been alive, nobody's ever given me a good 1st person account of how it feels initially, and over a 24hr period following.

and no, i'm not volunteering my beautiful mug for this - i've always been taught to protect the face and groin so i've never been hit there.

Couple of times. Good thing I have an Iron Chin.
Old 22 June 2018, 05:29 PM   #70
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Worked the door for 15 years and had quite a few toe to toes never took a head shot this way!

However once I was taken unaware and had a good couple of hits to the head, cracked my cheek bone and one hell of a black eye! At the time I was about 18/19 and the guy was in his mid 20’s and a semi pro boxer, it never went any further as it was a fight I knew I couldn’t win but funnily enough caused him so much stick as he rocked me but didn’t put me down it! Not much of a boxer if he has two clean head shots and I was still standing..

Not something I’d like to repeat though hence why I made sure during my doorwork I never took another one.
Old 22 June 2018, 05:51 PM   #71
TeddyS
"TRF" Member

Watch: sea-dweller 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Worked the door for 15 years and had quite a few toe to toes never took a head shot this way!

However once I was taken unaware and had a good couple of hits to the head, cracked my cheek bone and one hell of a black eye! At the time I was about 18/19 and the guy was in his mid 20’s and a semi pro boxer, it never went any further as it was a fight I knew I couldn’t win but funnily enough caused him so much stick as he rocked me but didn’t put me down it! Not much of a boxer if he has two clean head shots and I was still standing..

Not something I’d like to repeat though hence why I made sure during my doorwork I never took another one.

You are pretty local to me. Where did you work on the door?
Nothing can make a guys balls shrink like hitting you with their best shot and you are still standing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 June 2018, 06:00 PM   #72
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyS View Post
You are pretty local to me. Where did you work on the door?
Nothing can make a guys balls shrink like hitting you with their best shot and you are still standing..

Mainly Bedford but did a bit over in Luton, MK and Northampton.
Old 22 June 2018, 07:26 PM   #73
TeddyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mainly Bedford but did a bit over in Luton, MK and Northampton.

About 20 years ago Bedford was a nightmare for a punch up. Did you ever work at Enigma?

Old 22 June 2018, 07:57 PM   #74
SC11
Banned

Quote:
About 20 years ago Bedford was a nightmare for a punch up. Did you ever work at Enigma?

A good friend was the head DM there, different company then I worked for but had some good night out in that place haha.

I was 17 when I first worked the door, wouldn’t be allowed to happen now.

I was mainly at Lime House & Plaza, did the door from 95/96 to 2011.
Old 22 June 2018, 08:16 PM   #75
TeddyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A good friend was the head DM there, different company then I worked for but had some good night out in that place haha.

I was 17 when I first worked the door, wouldn’t be allowed to happen now.

I was mainly at Lime House & Plaza, did the door from 95/96 to 2011.

Bloody hell you had a good run. Yeah Enigma was always a giggle. Although that £1 tequila bar was a big mistake haha
If you did the door in Luton there is a fair chance that we would have run across each other at some point. Small world

Old 22 June 2018, 08:35 PM   #76
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I had a fair share of high school fights with the boys (because of girls). Yes I remember I was in pain that night and the day after. But it was more my ego that hurt most than physical pain.
oh well highschool life.
Old 22 June 2018, 09:00 PM   #77
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Nope... I always have been a lover. Never need to be a fighter.
Old 22 June 2018, 09:33 PM   #78
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Bloody hell you had a good run. Yeah Enigma was always a giggle. Although that £1 tequila bar was a big mistake haha
If you did the door in Luton there is a fair chance that we would have run across each other at some point. Small world

Don’t get me wrong I left club for pud work and made sure the last few years were easy money!

Only place I worked in Luton was the large pub underneath or by the cinema (been a while) might of been a Weatherspoons?
All I remember is the company I worked for took over the door as the previous guys couldn’t deal with the trouble and they put the heavy lot in a few weeks.

Would of been with a lump just shy of 7 foot by the name of Charlie and a rather large unit called Audley? Both did a fair bit of door work in Luton.
Old 22 June 2018, 09:40 PM   #79
spoilsofwar01
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing Rainclouds
back in the day

it must have been mid 1980's and New Years Eve I was single and a girl I sort of knew came up to me with a pint on beer and announced, "I bought you this" as the evening wore on It became apparent a groups of guy's were eyeing me up, I took awhile to figure things out and it turns out one of the guy's was her Ex..... we traded numbers and thought that to retreat would be the most tactile and diplomatic thing to do should they wish to repatriate, as I left I was followed and long story short being on the ground on all 4 and the having a boot put in your face not only hurts... it makes a real mess. I never saw the girl or guys ever again....... memo, If a cute girl buys you a beer, Run!
Smiths W10 1968
Tissot Seastar 2011
Old 22 June 2018, 09:54 PM   #80
TeddyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don’t get me wrong I left club for pud work and made sure the last few years were easy money!

Only place I worked in Luton was the large pub underneath or by the cinema (been a while) might of been a Weatherspoons?

All I remember is the company I worked for took over the door as the previous guys couldn’t deal with the trouble and they put the heavy lot in a few weeks.

Would of been with a lump just shy of 7 foot by the name of Charlie and a rather large unit called Audley? Both did a fair bit of door work in Luton.

Jesus, I know both Charlie and Audley. Last time I saw Charlie he was some how driving a little BMW Z3 and had an EDL tattoo on his head. I think he’s doing the door in Leighton Buzzard these days.

Old 22 June 2018, 10:11 PM   #81
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Jesus, I know both Charlie and Audley. Last time I saw Charlie he was some how driving a little BMW Z3 and had an EDL tattoo on his head. I think he’s doing the door in Leighton Buzzard these days.

Haven’t seen either for at least 12 years...

Can’t condone the choice of tat though, used to be a decent bloke as well!
Old 22 June 2018, 11:03 PM   #82
TeddyS
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=SC11;8699480]Haven’t seen either for at least 12 years...

Can’t condone the choice of tat though, used to be a decent bloke as

I agree about the tat, a very bad choice, especially considering where he lives. I guess he got in with a different crowd

Old 23 June 2018, 01:24 AM   #83
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Personally I am not looking for a fight and don't take a "it's just guys being guys" perspective. If another man punches me in the face, I will make best efforts to press charges for assault.
Come on, Steve! Where is the fun in that????
Old 23 June 2018, 08:18 AM   #84
rolio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Birdies
How would life be different today if...

I had not been hit so hard from a side shot, by a bully, when I was not looking? I weighed 135 lbs, 14 years old; he outweighed me by 50 lbs., and was a trained boxer and bully. This happened at night; I think he did it for kicks. I was so dazed that I could not get up, but twice falling down. While I was in and out of clear mind, I finally realized what had happened, when the blood rushed from my head to my fists, but I could not get up. The spirit was strong but the body weak. I remember saying in my mind "move legs, pick me up." But they ignored my command. My heart and mind wanted to destroy this bully, but it wasn't to be. Karma did come one evening when the bully threatened to beat up a younger and weaker friend. My friend cracked the bully's head wide-open with a small baseball bat. They say that there was so much blood that the bully was afraid this would be his last night of life. The bully lived but I sensed that he was ever so cautious after that night. I didn't recognize this as Karma until years later. Ever so often, she makes an appearance.

Rolex~By way of an extraordinary life,
and all the simple pleasures it has to offer
~
Old 23 June 2018, 08:33 AM   #85
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
Yep sure did. We had a brawl in high school during a baseball game against a rival. There was a rough play at the plate and pushing led to punches thrown and then a fight. I ran in from playing 2nd base and hit the pile. Someone nailed me right below my right eye and on the side of my nose. Didn’t hurt really until the adrenaline turned off, then it was sore. Just sore that’s all. I mean it wasn’t pleasant but wasn’t that awful either. I wouldn’t do it just to do it but gotta stand up for teammates
Old 23 June 2018, 08:45 AM   #86
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I have been many times while boxing. If you see the punch and you’re hit say in the nose or skull generally you won’t feel it because you’re fighting. Later if your nose is busted up and it swells it doesn’t feel good. Concussion is bad with being dizzy and light sensitivity. Hit in the jaw actually for me is more painful especially if the hinge twists wrong like it could from a hook.

Ultimately though in terms of pain and discomfort getting hit hard in the body feels worse.
Old 23 June 2018, 10:39 AM   #87
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
I was attacked by a mentally ill street fighter in the ER in 2011. I remember being hit in the face about 10 times in the first five seconds. My next memory was being on my hands and knees and getting kicked in the face. I had no awareness or knowledge of the two minutes in between when I was unconscious and being beaten. I didn't know I'd been knocked out until the police told me then next day.

I felt nothing when being hit. I got one punch in. I cut my knuckles on his teeth and had to be on strong antibiotics due to a human bite wound. I suffered brain damage in the form of short term memory loss, balance issues and loss of fine motor coordination. I retired from medicine and have enjoyed the last six years more than any other years of my life.
Old 23 June 2018, 11:27 AM   #88
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I was attacked by a mentally ill street fighter in the ER in 2011. I remember being hit in the face about 10 times in the first five seconds. My next memory was being on my hands and knees and getting kicked in the face. I had no awareness or knowledge of the two minutes in between when I was unconscious and being beaten. I didn't know I'd been knocked out until the police told me then next day.

I felt nothing when being hit. I got one punch in. I cut my knuckles on his teeth and had to be on strong antibiotics due to a human bite wound. I suffered brain damage in the form of short term memory loss, balance issues and loss of fine motor coordination. I retired from medicine and have enjoyed the last six years more than any other years of my life.

Holy bedsheet!

You’re the trf Ironman!
Old 23 June 2018, 11:51 AM   #89
Scapegoat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pro
I love this thread!
Old 23 June 2018, 12:00 PM   #90
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

If you are a man living on this planet today, it's only because, for millions of generations, your genetic forebears either successfully beat the piss out of their rivals or were beaten into being pussies. You are the descendant of champions or chumps. I’ve always believed a man won’t know what he is made of until he has been in some real scraps.

Closed Thread