The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 April 2018, 07:04 AM   #1
Drake3287
"TRF" Member

Getting Service From a Different Dealer

Still waiting for my boat to come in with my first watch (BLNR) but I was curious about service and warranty work. If I end up finding a watch outside my area such as on vacation, etc and I buy it, do I simply use my local ad for service and warranty work? What if I was to buy a watch in Europe let's say and two weeks later it stops working when I'm back home?

I can't see where my local ad would be happy to help me with a watch I purchased somewhere else. Is this a known issue or are they treated like car warranties where your expected to take it to any authorized dealer?

Hopefully I'll end up buying locally and this won't be an issue but you never know.

Thanks
Drake3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2018, 08:40 AM   #2
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Hopefully your local AD will act like an AD and be more then helpful then upset. Maybe they will retain you for life trying to make you happy. I mean that’s their job right ? You are a customer of theirs if you need help.

My GMTc LNIB had the hair spring/jump hour issue after I bought it from from a grey dealer and my AD sent it out to Dallas without charging me shipping. Couldn’t have been more happy 😃 That’s a good AD right there and I bought 4 Rolex from them previously before that happened.
Runnin' Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2018, 09:00 AM   #3
Spoonage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Your local AD should take care of you. Otherwise you could send directly to the RSC yourself if needed.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote