The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 April 2018, 10:27 AM   #1
Joeballz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Breitling Navitimer Trade In Value

I’m possibly looking to trade in my 43mm Stainless Breitling Navitimer 01 w/ croc strap. Watch is in very good condition. Before I do so I was wondering what you guys think people might offer me for it? I don’t want to waste my time even trying if people say I’m going to get offers of 2k. Thanks for your time!
Joeballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 10:57 AM   #2
56scooter
"TRF" Member

I think that the price that you are offered will depend obviously on the condition and age of watch. Also, is it still under its warranty, will it need a service ($750), is it a desirable color, does it have batons or arabic numbers? With Breitling offering so many variations you need to find the right person for the watch that you have. Check out ebay for completed sold auctions and the asking prices on chrono24 to get an idea what similar watches go for! Good Luck.
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 02:02 PM   #3
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Trade value is tough to gauge because it depends on what you’re buying and how much juice is in that deal for the seller. That said, if it’s complete and under warranty I would put retail around 4000. That means trade would probably be around 3k maybe a bit more of you’re lucky.
Old 19 April 2018, 09:24 PM   #4
DonnieD
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of em
What GB-man said....I was in the same position a couple months ago and came across this same scenario. Mine was still under warranty and in excellent condition with no dings or dents and two years of warranty left. Low to mid threes is what I was offered on a trade in and ended up selling for a little over 4K on the forums.
DonnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 09:32 PM   #5
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
As you will find the trade in value is very poor. Your best bet may be to try and trade it across for another watch of similar value. It will take effort to find but you will not do well trading it to a dealer or towards a high demand piece.
Old 20 April 2018, 03:49 AM   #6
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieD View Post
What GB-man said....I was in the same position a couple months ago and came across this same scenario. Mine was still under warranty and in excellent condition with no dings or dents and two years of warranty left. Low to mid threes is what I was offered on a trade in and ended up selling for a little over 4K on the forums.

Yes I sold mine on my own for 4200. Be prepared to field offers as low as 2500 lol lots of dreamers.
Old 20 April 2018, 09:57 PM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeballz View Post
I’m possibly looking to trade in my 43mm Stainless Breitling Navitimer 01 w/ croc strap. Watch is in very good condition. Before I do so I was wondering what you guys think people might offer me for it? I don’t want to waste my time even trying if people say I’m going to get offers of 2k. Thanks for your time!
Have you asked some of the trusted sellers here on the forum?
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2018, 12:46 PM   #8
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
I traded mine in for around $4200 at an AD, probably could have gotten more if I sold it elsewhere but I was trading it in for a Rolex and didn’t want the hassle.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote