The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 May 2018, 04:04 PM   #1
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Moser Pioneer Centre Seconds

I’m deeply considering picking up this gorgeous watch. I love the blue fume dial. It seems to be retailing for USD 11,900 / Euro 11,350 / CHF 11,900.

Just wondering what are everyone’s thoughts towards this model and the brand in general. Any issues with ownership and reliability? I really like where the CEO is taking the brand. He’s doing things his way and I think the overall production is below 5,000 pieces. It’s very niche. I think it’s gives the aquanaut a good run for its money. I think as looking at the Breuget Marine Bug Date, Blancpain FF, and the new JLC Polaris collection and I am finding this to be the most unique.

Considering this is not a common watch it’s a bit hard to gauge the out the door price.

Pictures of the watch in question - not mine and are taking from the internet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1236CA45-15C8-4004-A55F-C5C0120E7230.jpeg (61.8 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpeg 4345A671-417D-4F08-80BD-2E91F58760AD.jpeg (174.6 KB, 453 views)
Old 9 May 2018, 06:33 PM   #2
ansharma
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange 1 Moonphase
Moser makes a very nice watch but I think definitely preowned is the way to go with this brand. Even getting this new with 20% off could lead to a large loss if you flip in the short term. The watch looks great on you!
ansharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 07:29 PM   #3
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
This model is a brilliant example of 'less is more'.

Nice simple dial design, very nice movement and movement finish and would be a great addition to any collection.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 08:37 PM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i love it. I tried it on recently at an AD in London. Its big and it dwarfed my 5524G which i was wearing at the time. Its not a bad thing, but its a big watch and something you should be aware of.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 09:37 PM   #5
PJ S
Banned

Moser makes a lot less than 5k pieces annually – circa 1k
The Pioneer is their sportier watch, but be aware that they have chosen to go with a domed crystal, which makes an otherwise 12mm thick watch into one that’s nigh on 15mm.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=580468 – check out the link within that thread, which I posted.

With regards to price, a 2018 pre-owned one sold at a listed price of €8500 – so I’d like to think you could achieve similar on this… https://www.chrono24.co.uk/hmosercie...-id7714139.htm …or even better on the 4 month old one being sold privately.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2018, 10:12 PM   #6
christianj
Banned

It's a stunning watch that I considered recently but I decided to go for another blue dialed option. It does wear fairly large so if you are considering it as a sports watch then I would say go for it. If you want a dress watch be sure to try it on to see if it works for you.

As for pricing, it's a pretty popular model so not sure of discounts. There is (or was) a pre-owned one that one of the reliable sellers on the forum had up for sale.
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 12:01 AM   #7
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

I was offered $4,500 from a TS when I inquired about selling mine.

The interested private parties all wanted more than 30% off of msrp, as they were indicating they could get it easily from an AD for that price.
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 02:00 AM   #8
PJ S
Banned

Icon8 Fixed hyperlink, as per ***king usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
With regards to price, a 2018 pre-owned one sold at a listed price of €8500 – so I’d like to think you could achieve similar on this… https://www.chrono24.co.uk/hmosercie...-id7714139.htm …or even better on the 4 month old one being sold privately.
Cached listing should now display.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 04:21 AM   #9
2Redbulls
"TRF" Member

Watch: I give up..
I think it’s a great watch which I would genuinely consider. Resale is a concern so buy smart.
2Redbulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 04:38 PM   #10
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate the input. It was really unexpected. I tried it on and the wife loved it and thought it looked really special. So hopefully if I find one at the right price, i’ll Keep you posted with pictures. - side note - love the new Polaris collection too, Would recommend that you guys take a look.
Old 12 May 2018, 06:21 AM   #11
Jp28
"TRF" Member

I have one. Find it wears well given the curved lugs. Even with the dome it goes under shirt cuffs easily so I have not found the height an issue at all.
Definitely sport watch on size front though.
I wear it on a kudu strap that I think shows off the dial better than the rubber one. There is an OEM canvas strap coming out in the summer that I will try also.
Very under the radar at the office. Wish they did it in platinum or white gold!!
You may also want to look at the cosmic green version thought it will be a year or two before any show up pre owned I expect.
Overall, I like it quite a bit. I generally have sports type watches (subs, ROOetc) so it fits within what I like but has a bit of different style so gives a nice alternative.
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 04:53 PM   #12
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
I tried this one on at the AD last week. It is an amazing watch. I recently purchased an Endeavour Small Seconds, and love it so much, so I thought I would go back and take a look. Unfortunately, I am not in the market for this type of sports watch right now, so I passed it up.

The H. Moser & Cie brand is IMO one of the best values of any watch at this level. And I personally would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Matter of fact, this thread makes me want to go back and take another look at it!

Cheers,
Carl
Old 14 May 2018, 11:02 PM   #13
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
I tried this one on at the AD last week. It is an amazing watch. I recently purchased an Endeavour Small Seconds, and love it so much, so I thought I would go back and take a look. Unfortunately, I am not in the market for this type of sports watch right now, so I passed it up.

The H. Moser & Cie brand is IMO one of the best values of any watch at this level. And I personally would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Matter of fact, this thread makes me want to go back and take another look at it!

Cheers,
Carl
I love the watch that you got. The brand does seem to be picking up some steam. I was hoping that the AD would have been more knowledge about the watch but he had his own answers - we kept telling me the Brand’s output is 800 and I told him 4/5000. And he had a few other answers that were in correct. Maybe you could help me out, do you know if the hands and hour markers are made of white gold?
Old 14 May 2018, 11:33 PM   #14
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I like it but didn't realise it wore so big, not good when the dial is big and bezel small for me, prefer the balance on the BP FF.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2018, 02:50 AM   #15
macct
"TRF" Member

Looks sharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate the input. It was really unexpected. I tried it on and the wife loved it and thought it looked really special. So hopefully if I find one at the right price, i’ll Keep you posted with pictures. - side note - love the new Polaris collection too, Would recommend that you guys take a look.
The Pioneer is very sharp looking and I like its sportier niche. It wears big to many other 42mm watches such as the Polaris, though. On my sub 7” wrist the Pioneer felt too big, while I can comfortably wear the 42mm Polaris.
macct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2018, 03:45 AM   #16
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfatm3f View Post
I was offered $4,500 from a TS when I inquired about selling mine.

The interested private parties all wanted more than 30% off of msrp, as they were indicating they could get it easily from an AD for that price.
I thought the market for this model was stronger than other mosers...I'd love to pick one up for half off. I must be a bad negotiator if people can get the pioneer steel for 30% off.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2018, 05:02 AM   #17
Jp28
"TRF" Member

Hour markers are white gold
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2018, 06:09 AM   #18
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I thought the market for this model was stronger than other mosers...I'd love to pick one up for half off. I must be a bad negotiator if people can get the pioneer steel for 30% off.
Yea, I’m not sure if those numbers were accurate or negotiation, but that’s what I was told.
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 09:58 AM   #19
christianj
Banned

If people are able to get 50% please let me know from which AD and I will be in at that price. I was contemplating one but as mentioned went with something I lusted over more....a blue dialed Laurent Ferrier Galet Square.
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2018, 01:01 PM   #20
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
If people are able to get 50% please let me know from which AD and I will be in at that price. I was contemplating one but as mentioned went with something I lusted over more....a blue dialed Laurent Ferrier Galet Square.
Great choice on the Galet! Regarding Moser - no one is getting 50% of this piece. I've literally spoken to AD's in 4 different countries. And it ranges from 3 to 20% but then again, you must take into account exchange rates, VAT, VAT refunds - if any...and etccc....if one can get it around the 9K mark, it's a definite buy.......hopefully posting the incoming pics soon!
Old 17 June 2018, 08:01 AM   #21
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
I love the watch that you got. The brand does seem to be picking up some steam. I was hoping that the AD would have been more knowledge about the watch but he had his own answers - we kept telling me the Brand’s output is 800 and I told him 4/5000. And he had a few other answers that were in correct. Maybe you could help me out, do you know if the hands and hour markers are made of white gold?
As another member said, yes, they are white gold.

You might also want to wait a while. That is, if you like the green dial. I was at an H. Moser event last week, and the rep. from Switzerland had a green dial version, which I absolutely love, even better than the blue dial. It should be introduced soon, but I am not exactly sure when.

If you email H. Moser, or the North American rep (both contacts are on the H. Moser website under "RETAILERS", I can pretty much guarantee they will give an answer to anything you might want to know.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 17 June 2018, 09:24 AM   #22
tryptobphan
"TRF" Member

That green dial is amazing. I've considered the H. Moser & Cie because I like some of their Endeavor models but I've yet to actually see one in person. The measurements seem too large for my 6.5" wrist, but until I see it in person, I'm not sure.
tryptobphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 05:36 PM   #23
rolehex
2024 Pledge Member

LOVE that green! Big fan of this brand.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 09:56 PM   #24
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
What a great buy for watch lovers! Not sure about this piece, but in general I was quoted 45% off for a PM model at Frankfurt airport. And that was w/o any negotiation. Buy pre-loved watches here, save a lot, and enjoy the quality.
Old 17 June 2018, 10:10 PM   #25
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
As another member said, yes, they are white gold.

You might also want to wait a while. That is, if you like the green dial. I was at an H. Moser event last week, and the rep. from Switzerland had a green dial version, which I absolutely love, even better than the blue dial. It should be introduced soon, but I am not exactly sure when.

If you email H. Moser, or the North American rep (both contacts are on the H. Moser website under "RETAILERS", I can pretty much guarantee they will give an answer to anything you might want to know.

Cheers,
Carl
I got the blue dial! finally! just waiting to get in my hands!!! should be two weeks! sooooo excited, the watch looks absolutely stunning. I didnt consider the green - as stunning as it is - just not my color. can't wait to post the incoming pics.
Old 17 June 2018, 10:25 PM   #26
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I got the blue dial! finally! just waiting to get in my hands!!! should be two weeks! sooooo excited, the watch looks absolutely stunning. I didnt consider the green - as stunning as it is - just not my color. can't wait to post the incoming pics.
Ive been strongly considering one for a while, love it.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote