The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 June 2018, 09:39 PM   #181
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufty View Post
thanks, even the eta version which mine is?
eh mabe. case is slimmer on yours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 12:05 PM   #182
DMak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1625, 214270
Finally got the call from my AD today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 12:58 PM   #183
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many to narrow
I believe there's only 6 to 8 Tudor dealers in the state of Illinois. None too terribly far from me. Put in a call to each this morning and found a location a few miles from my condo that had the GMT in leather and NATO. I had to stop in and see it for myself.

I must say it's a gorgeous piece and so well constructed. Each light condition I walked through in the store caused the blue to turn a different shade in my eyes. I love the ease of use with clicking through the hours just like a Rolex GMT and the bi-directional bezel feels so nice to use. it does lack the firm click of the standard Black Bays but that is to be expected since it doesn't have the same type of ratcheting system for the bezel.

I am holding out for the riveted bracelet version, but each dealer I spoke to confirmed inventory will not be scarce and shouldn't be tough to get a hold of. I see the second hand dealers are already going down to $4500 for a near new bracelet BB GMT. With tax here in Chicago a brand new one out the door would cost me about $4290 so the premium is quite small to get immediate access to one. Still, I am curious what the re-sale price will be over time. The Pelagos is selling from second hand guys for $1K-$1500 below MSRP. I think getting the BB GMT for $3500 would be the perfect price for what you get.

I also took a moment to try on a black Black Bay and the BB Gold and Black. Both gorgeous as well. I cannot wait for the 58 to come out. Dealers have confirmed it should arrive end of next month.

Spikedlee is offline   Reply With Quote