The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 June 2018, 02:17 PM   #31
T01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
the hulk is pretty sought fete these days, surprised that the 116610ln had a longer waitlist.

Give it time, if you decide to flip you won’t lose money on it.
x2
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:23 PM   #32
Ckci
"TRF" Member

Watch: FedEx 4 next 1
As others have said, I’d give it some time. No harm in waiting awhile. Eventually it will be discontinued and then I suspect it will be worth more.
Ckci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:27 PM   #33
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Give it a bit more time before you rush into that decision. I bought my Hulk back in November to just give it a try. I wasn't thrilled with it for about a week or two and it took some time for the green to settle in. But that all changed once I was able to get a good feel for it and see all the different colors it goes through in various lighting. The watch is so dynamic and oozes character. Its the only watch I have that can go from black to bright green and all other shades in between.

Its not a big deal if you don't warm up to it in the end, but I think you need to give it more than just a few days.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:32 PM   #34
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
I am not sure if you will be building a relationship with your AD based on ONE watch purchase, and/or if you will make them feel betrayed if you walk into their showroom without a hulk on your wrist.

Just sell it and buy a new LN and enjoy what you like. Hulk is a beautiful watch but not for everyone. Both my wife and I love the hulk and enjoy wearing it in rotation with other watches.

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:41 PM   #35
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis View Post
Hello TRF,

A few days ago I was lucky enough to pick up a new Hulk from my AD. At first I was overjoyed and the time between being added to the waitlist and purchasing the watch was filled with anticipation. After having the watch though, I just can't seem to like it as much as I thought I would.
If you don't like it, sell it. For some reason there seems to be a gaggle of people who would do anything to have a Hulk. I am sure your AD will understand, as long as you are not a habitual flipper.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 02:45 PM   #36
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
That green dial in the summer is just spectacular. I’d hang on to it and give it a longer shot. Bring it to the beach.

Old 19 June 2018, 02:52 PM   #37
cajerseyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: me find "the one"
Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
Both my wife and I love the hulk and enjoy wearing it in rotation with other watches.

I was thinking the same thing! I should have one very soon to replace my flipped one from several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 June 2018, 02:58 PM   #38
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
That green dial in the summer is just spectacular. I’d hang on to it and give it a longer shot. Bring it to the beach.

This guy is a salesman whenever he posts wrist shots...can't sell it after this pic.....
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 03:29 PM   #39
scombs263
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex SD43
Keep it. Get another. Hulk is much better with one or more to accompany it. ;-)
scombs263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 03:36 PM   #40
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
I love mine and it would never enter my head to willingly move it on. However, I agree that it's not for everyone.

If money isn't an issue, get your name down at your AD for the LN. Wear them on alternate days/weeks/months whatever and if you can't live with it then move it on.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 04:49 PM   #41
JWSubC1911
Banned

New Hulk - Second Thoughts?

Have you told the AD you don’t love it and ask if they will give you a sweetheart deal and take it back on trade towards a LN? Let them have the first right of refusal. If they can’t accommodate you at least you were honest and gave them the first shot at it.

Not that I think it matters. But if you’re worried about their feelings tell them what’s up and see what they offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JWSubC1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 06:58 PM   #42
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Give it more time
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2018, 07:18 PM   #43
Rode
Banned

As others have said, give it sometime you would definitely grow to love it
Rode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 02:35 AM   #44
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
please keep the hulk. My hulk and i have a love hate relationship. Its very special because of the green dial. Its changes from green to black depending on light. If you trade it in, you might regret it. You might have trouble getting another one.
x2
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 02:58 AM   #45
Colin G
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
I'd keep it, but if you do want to move it, I agree give your AD first crack to see if they would sell it as pre-owned and then buy another watch from them. That's a quick way to build a relationship!
If you have second thoughts now I don't think your mind will change even if you try and convince yourself to like it.

Trade it back in asap before you scratch it and get something you truly love.
Colin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:16 AM   #46
ALF61
"TRF" Member

It is stunning but overkill IMHO and reason why I am clear I will not buy one. That said I respect and can understand why owners love it. Strange the OP ended up buying one after a thinking period wait list--maybe bought for the wrong reasons. I had a chance to try one on in person at the AD as he called me to have a looksie (kind of him). It is a beautiful and coveted watch. Not for me though I have other priorities/watches.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:48 AM   #47
Yobber76
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
Too bright for me, but if your initial thought was you liked the way it looked, give it a little time see if you like wearing it. If not, it's a good market to sell it and get the LN.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:55 AM   #48
Dogdad
"TRF" Member

I was next in line... but took my name of the list. I can always put it back on with 3 ad’s in my area.
Dogdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 03:55 AM   #49
Shiny1
Banned

Give it sometime, you might end up appreciating it a bit more, If you're still not satisfied after a while, you can consider a trade in
Shiny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 04:02 AM   #50
Snesmario
"TRF" Member

You should definitely hang on to it a while longer and see how you feel about it after a few months, selling it to get an LN will be much easier than getting rid of it now, changing your mind later and waiting forever to get another one
Snesmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 04:09 AM   #51
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I agree with others saying give it a bit more time and then make a decision.. if you sell too fast and end up missing it, might be tougher to get another
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 04:51 AM   #52
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
It's an outstanding and unique piece. I think you should hold on to it for a little bit longer - especially with Summer upon us as it's a wonderful warm weather piece. If you still feel detached from it come the Fall, flip it and grab the piece you really want!
jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2018, 04:53 AM   #53
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Wear it for a couple weeks if it truly doesn't sing to you then sell it and get something that does. Just because everybody loves it and it is a super hot piece doesn't mean it is for you. I personally just love mine do I wear it every day no.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 06:40 AM   #54
TakeYourTime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Changes daily
Put yourself on a list for the LN.
You can always sale the LV with +/- 0 and have something to look at during the waiting period to lower the itch ;)
TakeYourTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 06:44 AM   #55
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Give it a month to at least prove to yourself that you are not a flipper and not just pretending to prefer the black to justify your behaviour.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 06:44 AM   #56
gccmd
"TRF" Member

I feel that if I do not like something to start out with I never like it. I’d sell it (you won’t lose any money on that watch) and buy something I loved.
gccmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 08:33 PM   #57
rayt
"TRF" Member

Watch: must be rolex
hulk is a keeper
rayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 09:40 PM   #58
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
New Hulk - Second Thoughts?

The green was too much for me and I had to sell mine (but that was before they were extremely popular so I lost money on it, argh!). This might sound controversial, but I almost wished I had bought the replica first and put it on my wrist for a month straight. I would have realized that the design would not be for me when worn for a long period of time.

I’m against fakes like everyone here, but if fakes can serve one positive purpose is to experiment with a design before buying the real thing; it’s not like the AD allows you to test drive a Rolex for a week.

Another option for me and my Hulk is to have spent $1000+ or so on an after-market black ceramic bezel to “tame” the green, essentially making it a reverse Kermit with ceramic bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 June 2018, 10:41 PM   #59
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would keep it and wear it for a few months to see if I like it. If you are absolutely against it, I would contact a Trusted Seller and work out a trade. You should get your LN and $500-1000 back. You are more concerned with your relationship with your AD than they will be with you. I am sure they value you as a customer and would not want anything to impact that relationship. But they are running a business and they will not let personal relationships impact a decision that makes or loses them money. They will tell you that it is not personal but business. Your answer should be the same. The Hulk is your property so you can do what ever you want with it. If your money is right they will sell to you again. If not, plenty of other sellers will.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 10:48 PM   #60
karmatp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
It’s pretty green, isn’t it?

Too much for me.
So true. I had one and sold it for less than I paid for it. I just could not wear the green.