The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 June 2018, 04:18 PM   #1
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tridor Masterpiece
116710BLNR, 116500LN, and 126710BLRO OWNERS: I'D LIKE YOUR OPINIONS TO HELP ME

Greetings,

As actual owners of the models listed in the title of this thread, I would like your opinions of of the piece you own. I'd like to know what you feel the pros are as well as the cons. Why did you choose the model you own and do you have any regrets after making the purchase. I'd also like to know how many of you wear one of these models as a daily watch, and if not how often do you wear it. I would also like to know if any of you feel as if the watch is to heavy or uncomfortable.

My reason for starting this thread to ask you guys these questions is because a dear friend (AD) has a 116710BLNR, 116500LN and a 126710BLRO in the safe and he's told me that he would like me to come and try on each of these pieces because he believes I will instantly fall in love which will break my 36 MM Datejust and my 36 MM Day-Date habit.

These watches will be held until I go into the store at the end of this month. If I don't purchase any of them, they will go on display for the first customer who wishes to make a purchase. If I purchase one or all three, then they become mine.

I'd like to hear from you guys, because your opinions will be helpful before I walk into the store.

Thanks For Your Time,

Robbie
SkyKing31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 04:21 PM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

if you like smaller watches then in all honestly the daytona is probably the one. Personally i prefer the BLRO though and the jubilee is awesome.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 04:59 PM   #3
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

I love the DJ's and DD's as you very well know. I am curious why so many guys seem to be going crazy over the sports models lately.

I am going to go in and try these watches on since the AD is my friend, and he is kind enough to keep then hidden away under lock and key until I can make it in at the end of the month.

I have been looking at the Subs and GMT's for the last 2 years, and I even caught a Yacht Master that caught my eye (liked it much better than the one I had because this one has a black MOP) .... Of all of the sports watches I've been looking at, the Daytona has started to grow on me. My father had one in YG and wore it every single day, even the day he passed away .. I didn't want it so I gave it to my brother lol ... Now the Daytona Is growing on me.

So what do you like and dislike about your GMT? Is it just the jubilee bracelet? I always have said the jubilee is more comfortable than the oyster.
Old 21 June 2018, 05:31 PM   #4
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

BLNR.

Perfectly comfortable - though I’ve never had an actively uncomfortable watch, I think it’s just a question of sizing the bracelet correctly. As has been commented on at length, the blue portion of the bezel changes appearance in different light. It’s subdued indoors and you won’t get maximum appreciation unless you look at it in daylight. I don’t wear it everyday as I rotate my watches and though I’m not anal about scratches, the PCL’s scratch if you look at them funny and I would not buy it as a one and only watch, though it can easily dress up and down. I used to think nobody noticed watches until I bought this but I was wrong. They notice but just don’t say anything. Even my massive, orange bezeled P.O. never got so many glances. I’ve seen lots of people weirdly staring blankly at it. I think women with big boobs know the look. It is a flashy watch. That may be a good or bad thing depending on how you view the world.

I would guess that a lot of the above also applies to the BLRO, with added flashiness and less issue with scratches due to the jubilee. It should be easy for you to narrow down your choices based on which GMT bezel and bracelet you prefer. Then it’s a shootout vs the Daytona.

No regrets.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 05:45 PM   #5
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
I currently own a 116710BLNR and white dial 116500. I love both watches for different reasons. Really have no dislikes about either. They both scratch a different itch for me when I wear them in rotation with other Rolex in my collection. Both are extremely comfortable on my wrist. I have tried on a 126710BLRO and plan to buy one when my AD calls me with one available.

My recommendation is to go try on all three watches and buy the watch or watches that you like. I personally think you can’t go wrong with any of the three watches. Good luck with your choice.

2FA security active
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 06:13 PM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKing31 View Post
I love the DJ's and DD's as you very well know. I am curious why so many guys seem to be going crazy over the sports models lately.

I am going to go in and try these watches on since the AD is my friend, and he is kind enough to keep then hidden away under lock and key until I can make it in at the end of the month.

I have been looking at the Subs and GMT's for the last 2 years, and I even caught a Yacht Master that caught my eye (liked it much better than the one I had because this one has a black MOP) .... Of all of the sports watches I've been looking at, the Daytona has started to grow on me. My father had one in YG and wore it every single day, even the day he passed away .. I didn't want it so I gave it to my brother lol ... Now the Daytona Is growing on me.

So what do you like and dislike about your GMT? Is it just the jubilee bracelet? I always have said the jubilee is more comfortable than the oyster.
i like sports watches for the simple fact i dont dress up and they go with anything. As far as my BLRO there isnt a thing i dislike about it. The jubilee is super comfortable and it makes the overall package a bit more visually appealing. I like variety and i wouldn't want another oyster bracelet watch.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 21 June 2018, 06:31 PM   #7
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i like sports watches for the simple fact i dont dress up and they go with anything. As far as my BLRO there isnt a thing i dislike about it. The jubilee is super comfortable and it makes the overall package a bit more visually appealing. I like variety and i wouldn't want another oyster bracelet watch.
The jubilee bracelet is my favorite bracelet .. I like the jubilee even more than the President and Masterpiece bracelets .. I kind of like my 5 digit Rolex jubilee bracelets a little better because I can adjust the size. (my infusions have caused my weight to go up and down) My weight changes aren't really noticeable to the eye, but I can feel it with my 116233 crown clasp the same way i feel it with the Presidents and Masterpiece bracelets .... If only the jubilee crown clasp had a way of changing the size without returning to the conventional clasp, everything would be perfect .. lol

It's not like I'm asking for much .. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to chat and answer my questions Tyler
Old 21 June 2018, 08:43 PM   #8
Toivonen
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller Deepsea
116500 w
https://www.facebook.com/bandadellavalvola/
http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=75294392
Toivonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 09:11 PM   #9
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Two are impossible to get, for the average Joe... BLNR can be had at a slight premium so good luck
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 09:15 PM   #10
glassdial
Banned

Its got to be the Daytona
glassdial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 09:28 PM   #11
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

All 3, simple
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 09:33 PM   #12
playmore009
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc, LVc
1. Daytona
2. Pepsi
3. Ask for the hulk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
playmore009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 10:13 PM   #13
remrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
I have both the BLNR and Daytona. If you are used to smaller sizes, the Daytona is similar since it’s really about 38.5mm. The Daytona is also lighter and makes for a more balanced feel. The BLNR on the other hand is more top heavy because of the larger case, but to me sits more flush on the wrist because of its flatter caseback. Both are comfortable to me though.
remrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 10:20 PM   #14
zjd168
"TRF" Member

nice problem to have, I will buy all 3 on the spot.

The BLNR is my daily watch and it is versatile and very comfortable to wear. In the waiting list for the other two.

BTW I own both DD and DJ too. They are very different watches and I like them equally.
zjd168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 10:26 PM   #15
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Wow!!!! My 3 favorite Rolexes - hands down. I own two and love both. I am hoping to someday get the new Pepsi. Would be difficult to pick from such a perfect set of watches. My only preference, if it's the white Daytona versus the black Daytona that would make a slight difference to me.
Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2018, 11:43 PM   #16
T01
"TRF" Member

Daytona
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:28 AM   #17
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Based on what you have would say SS BLRO as first choice, followed by Daytona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:13 AM   #18
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I would also vote Daytona because of its size being closest to your 36mm watches and having an oyster might be a good thing since it seems you dont currently own one.. good luck!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:12 PM   #19
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
All 3, simple
LOL .. All three wouldn't be a good idea because I don't know as much about them until I see them in person. That is why I have asked current owners what they like and dislike most about their watches.
Old 23 June 2018, 05:17 PM   #20
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKing31 View Post
The jubilee bracelet is my favorite bracelet .. I like the jubilee even more than the President and Masterpiece bracelets .. I kind of like my 5 digit Rolex jubilee bracelets a little better because I can adjust the size. (my infusions have caused my weight to go up and down) My weight changes aren't really noticeable to the eye, but I can feel it with my 116233 crown clasp the same way i feel it with the Presidents and Masterpiece bracelets .... If only the jubilee crown clasp had a way of changing the size without returning to the conventional clasp, everything would be perfect .. lol

It's not like I'm asking for much .. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to chat and answer my questions Tyler
the daytona is more close to the size you are use to and the BLRO is more like the dressy watches you are use to. IMO its going to be one or the other, or both. I would be shocked if you ended up with the BLNR.
Old 23 June 2018, 05:22 PM   #21
lee fowler

Watch: GMT
Very hard choice and I am lucky and have all three but I think the Daytona would just edge it for me, tough choice and good luck.

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:23 PM   #22
SoCal_Batman
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ BLNR | AK
I'd love to be able to walk into an AD and purchase a 116500LN at MSRP. Tried one on recently and loved it. If you decide to pass on the Daytona, I'm on the next flight out lol !!

Otherwise, make it a TRIPLE incoming my friend!!!
Old 23 June 2018, 05:23 PM   #23
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjd168 View Post
nice problem to have, I will buy all 3 on the spot.

The BLNR is my daily watch and it is versatile and very comfortable to wear. In the waiting list for the other two.

BTW I own both DD and DJ too. They are very different watches and I like them equally.
I too like my DJ's and DD's equally. You just can't go wrong with them, especially the DJ because they are so versatile.

I have seen the BLNR up close a few times, and they are really good looking watches. I have not however seen the BLRO or the 116500LN.

I think the BLNR on a SS super jubilee bracelet could be kind of cool. I think the super jubilee is comfortable, and it would be cool to have a BLNR with that bracelet since they aren't seen like that .... Plus I could always put the original oyster back on when I want to have a change.
Old 23 June 2018, 05:23 PM   #24
Spoonage

I have the BLNR and white dial DaytonaC... I will eventually add the SS BLRO. But... If I could only choose one of those then I would have to say the BLNR. Firstly the GMT function is more useful to me than the chrono. I feel that the BLNR can more easily handle the daily duty and mainly because it's more versatile and fits my style a bit more than the DaytonaC. Of all my current Rolexes, the BLNR geta the most wrist time because of the useablility and functionality. Both are comfortable and I'm sure the SS BLRO will be just as comfortable if not just a touch more due to the jubilee.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:33 PM   #25
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

I have a 116500 and a 116710LN. I don't really like the SSBLRO, and the Daytona doesn't have a date feature. So if demand and value were no factor, I'd go BLNR. At this very moment, at least.

I should also mention that I don't know much about your collection, so my answer is more of an "if you could only have one watch" response. If you have a nice variety, then I would go Daytona. Nice problem to have
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 05:46 PM   #26
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
I have a 116500 and a 116710LN. I don't really like the SSBLRO, and the Daytona doesn't have a date feature. So if demand and value were no factor, I'd go BLNR. At this very moment, at least.

I should also mention that I don't know much about your collection, so my answer is more of an "if you could only have one watch" response. If you have a nice variety, then I would go Daytona. Nice problem to have
I really like having a date at the 3 o clock position and I find myself checking the date as often as I do the time.

I had the chance to try on the platinum Daytona and I couldn't believe the weight. I knew it would be heavy, but I wasn't expecting to be as heavy as it was. The blue dial and brown bezel were impressive in person. I wasn't impressed with the pictures so I was surprised. I think the ceramic bezel is much better.
Old 23 June 2018, 06:01 PM   #27
JRT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
For me, BLNR > SS BLRO > D500. I have BLNR and am waiting for SS BLRO. I am not interested in D500 because it looks too small on the wrist and still has a sub-dial legibility issue and no date function.
JRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 06:23 PM   #28
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
Daytona first if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jimbogigolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 07:32 PM   #29
scarab1st
"TRF" Member

Wow! An instant solid collection if you get all three. I have both BLNR and white Daytona. Between the two, I prefer the Daytona; more comfortable on the wrist because it is thinner. The smaller size, in my view, makes it a little less blingy than the BLNR.
scarab1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 07:40 PM   #30
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
I own both a BLNR and a 116520 white dial Daytona. I love them both but the BLNR if my go to watch especially for travel.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote