The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22 June 2018, 01:26 AM   #1
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Icon9 Anyone ever get punched hard in the face?

for as long as i've been alive, nobody's ever given me a good 1st person account of how it feels initially, and over a 24hr period following.

and no, i'm not volunteering my beautiful mug for this - i've always been taught to protect the face and groin so i've never been hit there.

Old 22 June 2018, 01:30 AM   #2
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
for as long as i've been alive, nobody's ever given me a good 1st person account of how it feels initially, and over a 24hr period following.

and no, i'm not volunteering my beautiful mug for this - i've always been taught to protect the face and groin so i've never been hit there.

Yes, but I can’t help you.

I was so banjaxed the first I knew about it was looking in the mirror the next day. Apparently it was a one punch KO. The witnesses were my “mates”. No harm done.

If you’re ever unfortunate enough for it to happen to you, that sounds like one of the better ways.
Old 22 June 2018, 01:32 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Yes, but I can’t help you.

I was so banjaxed the first I knew about it was looking in the mirror the next day. Apparently it was a one punch KO. The witnesses were my “mates”. No harm done.

If you’re ever unfortunate enough for it to happen to you, that sounds like one of the better ways.
ouch!

lousy drunk friends.

should also add i've probably been lucky thus far...
Old 22 June 2018, 01:34 AM   #4
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor North Flag
I've been in some fights in my time and have taken some shots to the face and head with both fists and feet.

All I can say is that when you're fighting you don't feel too much, but in the aftermath, the swelling, lacerations, abrasions, headaches, and broken teeth feel about the same as one should be able to generalize from other types of injuries that are commonly suffered.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Old 22 June 2018, 01:36 AM   #5
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
I've been in some fights in my time and have taken some shots to the face and head with both fists and feet.

All I can say is that when you're fighting you don't feel too much, but in the aftermath, the swelling, headaches, and broken teeth feel about the same as one should be able to generalize from other types of injuries that are commonly suffered.
+1 I've had my nose broken twice, and half of one of my front teeth is completely fake

Also, everybody who has never been in an actual fight....thinks they're a bada** and could defend themselves in a fight/would never get beat up. That's cool and all until shock sets in after getting punched square in the jaw, lol.
Old 22 June 2018, 01:38 AM   #6
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Interesting post, no I have not and hope not too. If hit hard I sure you feel it for days. Boxers are some of the toughest people out there, can't imagine.
Old 22 June 2018, 01:40 AM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

ive only engaged in fights i know i can win. I won handily and never took a single punch to the face but have given some

Its a fight and its not supposed to be fair.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 22 June 2018, 01:42 AM   #8
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I was an amateur kick boxer (san shou) for about 3 years.

And I worked the door at many bars.

I have been hit in the face...hard, ALOT.

I have also been jumped and "knocked the F out", with a sucker punch.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 22 June 2018, 01:46 AM   #9
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I was an amateur kick boxer (san shou) for about 3 years.

And I worked the door at many bars.

I have been hit in the face...hard, ALOT.

I have also been jumped and "knocked the F out", with a sucker punch.
oh! Seth Segal!

so. is it true that hitting or concentrating on the face is also a poor strategy in a bar/street fight?
Old 22 June 2018, 01:46 AM   #10
rudestew
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD SD43 Mk1 50TH
It’s surprisingly humbling when all your training and talent hits the deck and your left feeling very human . Not fun when you have another few rounds left lol , practice the 100 meters it’s safer
Old 22 June 2018, 01:47 AM   #11
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudestew View Post
It’s surprisingly humbling when all your training and talent hits the deck and your left feeling very human . Not fun when you have another few rounds left lol , practice the 100 meters it’s safer
'every boxer has a strategy until they get hit'

- a boxer

Old 22 June 2018, 01:48 AM   #12
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Some of the best advice that I received early on was from somebody who once had gotten involved in a good share of fights, a real tough guy, who actually one more than his share of fights. He said that he eventually determined that no matter win, lose, or draw that it wasn’t worth it because it still hurt.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 22 June 2018, 01:49 AM   #13
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Some of the best advice that I received early on was from somebody who once had gotten involved in a good share of fights, a real tough guy, who actually one more than his share of fights. He said that he eventually determined that no matter win, lose, or draw that it wasn’t worth it because it still hurt.
after numerous bouts... very telling.
Old 22 June 2018, 01:50 AM   #14
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
oh! Seth Segal!

so. is it true that hitting or concentrating on the face is also a poor strategy in a bar/street fight?
are you trying to start up a new career or something?
Old 22 June 2018, 01:52 AM   #15
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
No. I use my brain in such situations. Can be a challenge when drinking but I’ve never resorted to fighting someone random. Helps that I’m 6’3” 230 so I get less challengers.
Old 22 June 2018, 01:54 AM   #16
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Anyone ever get punched hard in the face?

No, but I can tell you my fist hurt for weeks!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 22 June 2018, 01:54 AM   #17
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
are you trying to start up a new career or something?
floral design diploma or nothing!
Old 22 June 2018, 01:55 AM   #18
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
No. I use my brain in such situations. Can be a challenge when drinking but I’ve never resorted to fighting someone random. Helps that I’m 6’3” 230 so I get less challengers.
Ill pass even though ive got a couple inches on you. i usually have a 5'9 limit and certainly not north of 200 pounds. Otherwise i walk away

Im too old these days anyway. College is a distant memory.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 22 June 2018, 01:57 AM   #19
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
i sometimes watch drunk fights on youtube and the smaller drunk almost always wins against big drunks.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:05 AM   #20
Star Ferry
Banned

Once got punched in the gut while dragging my brother from a fight he started. Have only been punched in the face once -- by a drunk 100 pound woman in a bar. Pretty weak hit -- I had no intention of hitting her back. The bar did the right thing and kicked her out.

Never taken a strong punch to the face and hope it stays that way.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:11 AM   #21
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
after numerous bouts... very telling.
The gentleman who told me this was over 6ft tall and more than 300 pounds. Though there was some fat but his arms were fairly solid and imposing. Somehow this always kind of stuck with me even though I never found the need or desire to engage in such things.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 22 June 2018, 02:13 AM   #22
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
I haven't been punched in the face but I did use my face to break a fall once. I was walking up an icy driveway with my hands buried in my pockets and slipped and fell face first onto the pavement. I broke my nose and had a laceration on the bridge of my nose along with a fat upper lip. I'm lucky I didn't break any teeth quite frankly. Honestly, I didn't feel any pain when it happened but I had to go to emergency for stitches.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:15 AM   #23
Rolex85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
+1 I've had my nose broken twice, and half of one of my front teeth is completely fake

Also, everybody who has never been in an actual fight....thinks they're a bada** and could defend themselves in a fight/would never get beat up. That's cool and all until shock sets in after getting punched square in the jaw, lol.
LMAO!! totally true!! S**t gets real right quick when "talk" goes to "oh snap I just got kicked in the ribs and someone else punched me in the chin" and just like the other guy said.... from that point on you don't feel a heck of a lot until... the next morning to which you quickly check your own hands to verify that it was not a total melee and you did appear to get some good shots off yourself
Old 22 June 2018, 02:16 AM   #24
Colin G
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 214270
When I was younger but I also gave the other fella a good thrashing.

Long story short is we went on a beer run late one night and a few thugs tried to mug us for our case of beer as we were walking from our car to my friend's house.

Those guys never got the beer. I came out with a bruised cheek when the big guy punched me and the smaller fella I ended up tangling with met a tree trunk with his face.

That was a crazy night.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:28 AM   #25
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth......

Mike Tyson.

Trained and competed in martial arts competitions at one time and been in a few hockey fights and got nailed a few times. Once the guy tackled me and climbed on top and was wailing away.

Didn’t hurt that much at the time but next day wasn’t pleasant. The worst is getting hit in the nose.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:32 AM   #26
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
July 6, 1989. The guy had a wrist cast on too, I was 19. Never happened again. Throwing the first punch that is. It hurt like a mother----. One shot and it was like someone threw a brick at my face, it left a mark to say the least. AHHHH, good times.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:33 AM   #27
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
I have never been clocked by a complete stranger.

I was clocked once by my brother when I was a teen.

It was mutual and hurt like hell.

Chewy, what happened? I hope you’re ok.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Old 22 June 2018, 02:36 AM   #28
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Taken plenty of punches to the face. Everything from sexual to aggressive. It’s a good feeling honestly, always gets a good adrenaline rush going. I’m more of a chest shot guy, I can’t land a face shot to save my life until later in a fight. However I haven’t fought in quite some time, would much rather excersize my second amendment rights at this point.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:44 AM   #29
SearChart
TechXpert

I've been in some fights.... I've been hit in both my face and groin, hard. Neither was particularly pleasant.
Old 22 June 2018, 02:50 AM   #30
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
I've been in some fights.... I've been hit in both my face and groin, hard. Neither was particularly pleasant.
which was worse? enquiring minds want to know.
Closed Thread