The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 January 2020, 01:43 AM   #91
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
I think it's great people try to stay in shape but the most important thing is not dieting but instead creating a lifestyle that maintains your ideal weight. And that is dependent on mostly on lowering carbs, cutting out packaged garbage and replacing it with real food. Day in, day out. Intermittent fasting, meaning cutting down on your daily eating window is also helpful.

Eating junk is fine, once in a while, but if you get into a great real food lifestyle you don't have exercise yourself to death or go on yearly "diets". Because yearly diets don't work. And neither does massive exercise because you simply won't keep it up.

People who eat poorly and spend hours at the gym trying to "stay in shape" are just kidding themselves because daily Peleton and heavy weights actually make you hungry and increase your need to eat more. AND muscles need to recover. Daily exercise causes stress and inflammation which is not healthy and for most people neither is the quest for 6 pack abs, which is far too little body fat to be sustainable. And using 20-30 year olds as role models is ridiculous. As are using movie stars, who train for 3 months with a trainer to look good on camera but it's not sustainable either. For them or you. Stallone et all have weights on set, and pump up before every scene.

Eat right, exercise 2-3 times a week (preferably games/sports, which shut off your mind), go for walks with your significant other, and you will be healthy and fit. Live your life.
Words of wisdom.

So incredibly true. All of it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 02:37 AM   #92
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
This is great, thank you. And exactly where I want to get to. I had a six pack fifteen years ago but I will never see that again. I sit in meetings all day every day and typically do long days. So some short term pain and commitment to combat three years of letting myself go, and then I will get into a balanced lifestyle routine.

I have built a small dedicated fitness room in my house, which will make training easier. I know my body and I know the approach I’m taking in the short term will achieve what I want. Where I will need advice, is how to maintain and add just a bit of bulk once stage one is complete.

Maintaining the waist should be ok - I’ve re-taken up squash (played this morning for the first time in a while and will be playing twice a week), and will be going for a long walk with the dogs and wife each weekend, and also a round of golf (moving to carrying rather than electric trolley!), so I figure one Pelaton session a week on top of that should keep me trim-ish.

But I’m clueless when it comes to adding some muscle bulk. Literally don’t need much, just enough to make sure my arms fill an average t-shirt, and a chest bigger than my gut.

By the way, with the weights I’m currently doing, in each three day cycle I am doing one day upper body (shoulders, back, chest, biceps and triceps), one day core and forearms, and one day legs.

Good for you.

The walks with your wife are some of the best bonding a couple can do.

MASSIVELY IMPORTANT. Oxygen to the brain. Lots of talking. Lots of quiet walking in nature. Just being. Together.

On fitness sites and threads I'm always amazed that people often use 20-30 year olds as "this is my goal" stuff. Without realizing that we are pre-programmed biologically to look our most attractive, most sexual, most beautiful for our body's most basic function which is procreation. Every cell, every hormone (and that's the big one) is designed for this goal.

After 30 in both men and women that hormonal priority begins to wane and we evolve into something else.

So it's great for people to remain fit and attractive, BUT there is a lot fighting against us in that regard and hormones are busy "taking us off the market" so to speak. Our body's no longer designed to look like a 20-30 year old in our 30s and on up and it becomes more of a challenge to look like that.

Good luck in your quest.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 02:44 AM   #93
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Good for you.

The walks with your wife are some of the best bonding a couple can do.

MASSIVELY IMPORTANT. Oxygen to the brain. Lots of talking. Lots of quiet walking in nature. Just being. Together.

On fitness sites and threads I'm always amazed that people often use 20-30 year olds as "this is my goal" stuff. Without realizing that we are pre-programmed biologically to look our most attractive, most sexual, most beautiful for our body's most basic function which is procreation. Every cell, every hormone (and that's the big one) is designed for this goal.

After 30 in both men and women that hormonal priority begins to wane and we evolve into something else.

So it's great for people to remain fit and attractive, BUT there is a lot fighting against us in that regard and hormones are busy "taking us off the market" so to speak. Our body's no longer are designed to look like a 20-30 year old in our 30s and on up and it becomes more of a challenge to look like that.

Good luck in your quest.

Thank you. Wise words. Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 04:43 AM   #94
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Hmmm, I wonder if he's even a ninja.
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 05:22 AM   #95
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
I think it's great people try to stay in shape but the most important thing is not dieting but instead creating a lifestyle that maintains your ideal weight. And that is dependent on mostly on lowering carbs, cutting out packaged garbage and replacing it with real food. Day in, day out. Intermittent fasting, meaning cutting down on your daily eating window is also helpful.

Eating junk is fine, once in a while, but if you get into a great real food lifestyle you don't have exercise yourself to death or go on yearly "diets". Because yearly diets don't work. And neither does massive exercise because you simply won't keep it up.

People who eat poorly and spend hours at the gym trying to "stay in shape" are just kidding themselves because daily Peleton and heavy weights actually make you hungry and increase your need to eat more. AND muscles need to recover. Daily exercise causes stress and inflammation which is not healthy and for most people neither is the quest for 6 pack abs, which is far too little body fat to be sustainable. And using 20-30 year olds as role models is ridiculous. As are using movie stars, who train for 3 months with a trainer to look good on camera but it's not sustainable either. For them or you. Stallone et all have weights on set, and pump up before every scene.

Eat right, exercise 2-3 times a week (preferably games/sports, which shut off your mind), go for walks with your significant other, and you will be healthy and fit. Live your life.

I’m not going to lie to you... I enjoy getting fat for a year and a half then diet down for 3 months :)
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 08:54 AM   #96
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I’m not going to lie to you... I enjoy getting fat for a year and a half then diet down for 3 months :)
Sounds like you have your system nailed.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 09:28 AM   #97
Fat_ninja
Banned

This is not going to be good for my diet :(

Old 19 January 2020, 11:57 PM   #98
Fat_ninja
Banned

I think I fell off the wagon...there’s always tomorrow.
Old 20 January 2020, 09:37 AM   #99
zorinindustries
"TRF" Member

Watch: It varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
I am 6'1" and weigh 204. My max was 250 a few years ago. For health reasons I am losing weight. 184 is my goal weight.

Hopefully I keep going down.

And you are right, it is a struggle.

Wow! Almost exactly the same. I was a marathon runner and 175, 6’1.

I got married, ballooned up to 238lb and had enough - felt awful. Took 9 months, but dipped back down to 180. It takes work and discipline, but it can happen! I’ll never get back there. Good luck to you, brother!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zorinindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 11:30 PM   #100
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GluryOl View Post
Weekly update or now bimonthly?

I’m more of a whenever I get the chance kind of guy
Old 21 January 2020, 11:41 PM   #101
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
166.9 today but it's cold for Florida standards and I have more clothes on than usual. My diet has been terrible though and running has been nonexistent. Getting back into the exercise routine starting today.
Old 22 January 2020, 05:37 AM   #102
Kyle3130
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD
It's been a week since my last update and I was able to drop 6lbs this week. I am now down to 192 and still getting stronger. I'm also starting to see more definition as well. The extra cardio is paying dividends.
Old 25 January 2020, 11:42 PM   #103
Token74
"TRF" Member

176 lbs this morning so 3lb drop this week. Progress.

In the home gym right now...must keep working!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 25 January 2020, 11:51 PM   #104
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
176 lbs this morning so 3lb drop this week. Progress.

In the home gym right now...must keep working!

What is this contraption?

Separately. I’m only down like half a pound... I believe I am retaining the extra water from the week... I’m waiting for the so called ‘whoosh’.

The woosh is a real thing lol
Old 26 January 2020, 12:49 AM   #105
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What is this contraption?

Separately. I’m only down like half a pound... I believe I am retaining the extra water from the week... I’m waiting for the so called ‘whoosh’.

The woosh is a real thing lol

Ah, the famous ‘retaining water’ problem!!

The contraption is question is a Peloton bike. The instructors are quite ‘motivating’ and take your mind off the pain!

Old 26 January 2020, 02:05 AM   #106
Drdubzz
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58, BB36
I started paying attention to food again and working out, again, on December 27th. I'm down from 193 to 186 and have trimmed two inches off my waist.

I do a 20-30 minute workout 5 days a week, I do intermittent fasting (eating window 1000-1900), and track macros with MyFitnessPal.

it's been a good month so far, my goal is to get back to 170-175 by May. The past 18 months has seen depression and correlated lethargy and apathy sneak in. I'm treated and stable now, and finally getting back to a sustainable healthy lifestyle. I can't tell you how much better I feel.
Drdubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 03:29 AM   #107
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
I lost all my weight last year (40 lbs) doing alternate day fasting. I’m still doing it, I don’t eat Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. No plans to stop.

It has been very effective in maintaining and permits me to eat ad libitum on T, TH, Sat, Sun...

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2020, 10:18 PM   #108
Fat_ninja
Banned

Not as much as I had hoped but progress none the less. Last week I weighed in at 179.5 lbs so that is down 2.3lbs. Last week I came down a smidge. So this is the 4th week on the diet. I’ve continued to eat a t a deficit and have maintained my macros. I Haven’t needed to eat cleaner yet. Generally still trying to keep the carbs as high as I can including chips.

Old 30 January 2020, 02:53 AM   #109
Token74
"TRF" Member

Good work!

Old 30 January 2020, 03:10 AM   #110
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Good work! You’re on your way to becoming slim_ninja
Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2020, 03:58 AM   #111
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Good work Jonathan.

162.5 this morning for me. 5 more to go.
Old 30 January 2020, 04:37 AM   #112
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
your feet look so much better.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2020, 05:20 AM   #113
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
your feet look so much better.
Lol definitley softer but feets a little sensitive now
Old 30 January 2020, 10:51 PM   #114
LawMan
"TRF" Member

I'm 57 and 170lbs , fluctuate between 10 and 12% bf. Lean muscle mass is about 150lbs I do weights 3 or 4 times per week, I never miss doing this, its my highest priority. I walk about 100,000, steps per week. sometimes more ,rarely less. I have been at this for years. I am not shredded at 12% but pretty ripped. My diet is about 1gram of protein per pound. I do not weigh my foods but have a good eye. I will on rare occasions have bread or pizza but rarely. Same with booze, rarely . The key to all of this is consistency- eat and train consistently. If you don't get it, you don't want it bad enough- .
LawMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2020, 03:23 AM   #115
Token74
"TRF" Member

A week of business lunches and evening events has been somewhat problematic. Won’t be weighing myself this week!!

Old 6 February 2020, 10:16 PM   #116
Fat_ninja
Banned

Down almost 2 lbs on the week. Generally calories on point...still struggling to get to the gym more than 2-3x per week. Still trying to keep my carbs as high as I can. Generally lifting slightly lighter as It’s not like I’m growing.

Old 6 February 2020, 10:28 PM   #117
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I am 6 foot 1 and my weight has fluctuated between 195 and 215 for most of my 20s and 30s. Body fat between 11% and 22%. My "happy" sustainable weight is around 205 with 15%-17% body fat.

I usually work out every single day, whether it is yoga, basketball, weights etc. I also eat about 2500 calories a day but try to watch what I eat (try to stay away from binging on red meat and refined carbs). Fasted cardio first thing in the am is effective for me to keep the body fat in check.

I have been close to 10% bodyfat and had my abs all show and weighed about 170 lbs a few times. I was perpetually hungry and had this crazy appetite for carbs/sugar - not healthy.

I have concluded that having a 6 pack all the time is just not realistic. At my "happy weight", my top 4 abs are visible but not well defined. I'm athletic and in shape but aesthetically I am far from perfect. Broad shoulders help with a V taper so the proper fitted shirts and garments actually look really good on me.

I think depending on genetics one needs to assess what is realistic, I gain muscle and fat easily but losing weight is hard. My goal is now simple - look good naked and be in shape to play basketball at a semi-competitive level without having to have strict dietary restrictions; that's a hard goal.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 12:12 AM   #118
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

This 100%.

The photos of ripped guys on social media aren’t realistic for the vast majority of the population simply because ... we don’t have the time or the inclination to train 3-5 hours a day and eat all the right foods and supplements.

For the every day person, what you put in, makes most of the difference in achieving a healthy body weight. AB’s are made in the kitchen and not in the gym.

Of course exercise and being active is important ... a body in motion and all that ...

What kills me are the Ads for all these personal exercise equipment manufacturers and programs that promise hard bodies like the models shown using them, if you use only “10 minutes a day” ... or whatever. The models they show using the equipment are gym rats for sure

Lastly on the whole body fat thing, you need a certain amount of body fat to sustain vital organs 3% ish. According to this article somewhere between 10-15% is the most realistic for looking “cut”.

Anything under 6 is probably unhealthy to try and sustain long term and only for body builders and professionals who really know there stuff or are under the guidance of nutritionists etc.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-f...nges-look-men/
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 12:20 AM   #119
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Down almost 2 lbs on the week. Generally calories on point...still struggling to get to the gym more than 2-3x per week. Still trying to keep my carbs as high as I can. Generally lifting slightly lighter as It’s not like I’m growing.

]
Getting that RM helps if you wear those larger watches you have at weigh in

Following your progress here is inspiring, keep up the hard work, it’ll pay off
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 02:47 PM   #120
Kyle3130
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle3130 View Post
It's been a week since my last update and I was able to drop 6lbs this week. I am now down to 192 and still getting stronger. I'm also starting to see more definition as well. The extra cardio is paying dividends.
It’s been about 2 weeks and I’m down to 188 now. Feeling my strength start to plateau but I’m seeing more definition which is a good thing.