The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 January 2020, 02:45 AM   #61
Jammart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheon View Post
what's wrong with flashy? If you've got it flaunt it! What others think at the end of the day doesn't hurt you. I feel like this modern American culture of worry so much about being politically correct and what other think is so backwards. We should be promoting individuality and leading instead of following and hiding.
But we should be conscious of our safety and the safety of those around us.
With that in mind, flashy things shouldn't always be flaunted or one might attract unnecessary attention and of course bandits also..

Sent from my SM-A105F using Tapatalk
Jammart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 03:01 AM   #62
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheon View Post
what's wrong with flashy? If you've got it flaunt it! What others think at the end of the day doesn't hurt you. I feel like this modern American culture of worry so much about being politically correct and what other think is so backwards. We should be promoting individuality and leading instead of following and hiding.
I happen to agree with you 100%.

BUT.

There is the reality that some people might “see” and judge. And their decisions might be based on their judgements. For some of us, that can be a double edged sword.

I took my Ferrari to my trainer on a Sunday. The woman after me, as coincidence might have it, was a customer. She comments on it all the time. I’m still doing work with her. But I’m sure you get my point.

The buddy referred to above is one of my closest friends, also a customer. It’s a balance imo.

I want people to see my success. Because energy begets energy. But too much can possibly lead to negative judgement. Fair or not.

But again, I agree. And in the grand scheme, f it. Live hard. Do you. And the positive will outweigh the negative.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 03:17 AM   #63
Pantheon
Banned

Watch: VC and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I happen to agree with you 100%.

BUT.

There is the reality that some people might “see” and judge. And their decisions might be based on their judgements. For some of us, that can be a double edged sword.

I took my Ferrari to my trainer on a Sunday. The woman after me, as coincidence might have it, was a customer. She comments on it all the time. I’m still doing work with her. But I’m sure you get my point.

The buddy referred to above is one of my closest friends, also a customer. It’s a balance imo.

I want people to see my success. Because energy begets energy. But too much can possibly lead to negative judgement. Fair or not.

But again, I agree. And in the grand scheme, f it. Live hard. Do you. And the positive will outweigh the negative.
Thats a great attitude and I applaud your success. I understand where you come from. Not as successful as you to the point of having a Ferrari but I do have customers that tease me all the time. "Guess you bought that new car with all the money you made from us huh?" of course they're usually customers I've known for a long time so I know they're joking around.

Funny thing I'm known for is that usually the initial meetings I would dress up and try to exude success because in my fields, clients like experience so first impressions are really important. After I get to know the customer and start working together I just always show up in jeans and t-shirt and worse off sometimes even gym shorts in the summer . People might judge and call it unprofessional but I call it being comfortable and if my clients stay with me I could care less about other's opinions.

Maybe my view of things are different from a lot of others. I love to see people succeed. If I see someone who has nice things for me that is a positive. That means that they are good at what they do and they have been awarded by their hard work. I also know plenty of people who sees success as someone is a con artist and rips people off. Unfortunately that is the backwards mentality and to me that is just jealousy.
Pantheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 03:29 AM   #64
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
I don't find gold itself to be flashy, but what IS flashy is the way my OPD and Sky-Dweller with the fluted bezels throw hundreds of pinpoint lights all over the place (from the sun) wherever I am.

Have noticed it over the years while driving and when sitting in a sun-lit restaurant, outdoor patio, etc. Not to mention the flat crystal of the Sky-Dweller throwing a 3" or so large round disc of light.

Sigh. First world problems.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 09:07 AM   #65
LawMan
"TRF" Member

OP- great watch.
I am aware of my surroundings when I wear my YG OR RG. Not so much when i have on WG as few know the difffence between a WG or stainless . People get robbed for much much less.
LawMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 11:42 PM   #66
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

Generally the people who think it’s “flashy” don’t mean a damn thing to me. I’m pretty comfortable with myself and I’m pretty comfortable with other people thinking whatever they want about whoever.

Life is short, enjoy yourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
timepieceluvr is offline   Reply With Quote