The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 October 2008, 12:37 AM   #1
305GMTIIc

RE: Daytona's

I am a new member and have read the threads for a week or so. Question about the Daytona?
1. Is the Daytona fever strictly about "getting it from an AD?"

I only wonder this because EVERY TIME i go to an AD in Miami they ALWAYS have a Daytona in the case. Admittedly they are not always SS/Black face but they always have one or can get one the next day etc. This confuses me because I am trying to figure out what the shortage thing is about?

If anyone wants one I can find one in an afternoon out shopping. I mean they are so easy to come by here I doubt I would spend more than 10 min total time looking?

They are also all over craigslist (authentic) from AD's or reputable dealers by the dozen. Somebody here was salivating over a white face SS. There were 3 or 4 here for sale at one time NIB.

Another observation. When i was in Nashville TN there was a few stores in the very upscale mall there. All 3 had the WG with black face daytona and at least one maybe 2 others in various configurations.

SO, are members here just trying to get one from a local so they have the personal sales etc? Or is it just a matter of "get me a new daytona anywhere" I also see the mark up thing is sliding big time. They used to be in the 12k mark. Now I see them at the 9500 to 10 range.

Also saw 2 of those Milligus with the green ring on the sapphire at a place in Boca Raton. they were asking 17000
305GMTIIc is offline   Reply With Quote