The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 August 2018, 08:11 PM   #1
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN
Service in the Seattle area.

It's time for my first to be serviced. I noticed yesterday that it had stopped while on my wrist. I wound it by a hand a couple of different times but it stopped again last night.

Home is northwest of Seattle. I'm thinking of dropping it off at the Tukwilla Ben Bridge. Are all service centers the same more or less? Will they service my watch there at the store or does it get sent to one of the RSC here in the US? If it's done by Ben Bridge, is there any advantage to sending it in to a RSC instead?

It's a G series GMT C so 2010 or so and due for a service anyway as it's almost been worn daily.

Thanks, it's my first service of one of these.
SeaAndSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 10:00 PM   #2
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would call Ben Bridge and see what they tell you. If it is staying inhouse and the cost is similar to RSC and the service time is the same I would go with RSC. Go on the internet to RSC in Dallas and they will send you the packaging and information for you to submit the watch. This will cut out the middleman and all communication will be with you.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 11:15 PM   #3
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Is the service from RSC higher quality than from any of the authorized dealers? Or am I misunderstanding and that the dealers actually don’t do a service but instead ship it off to one of the RSCs? Also, if I ship it in, where do most of you who do that get private insurance in case the package is lost or stolen?
Old 20 August 2018, 12:49 AM   #4
RichM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaAndSky View Post
Is the service from RSC higher quality than from any of the authorized dealers? Or am I misunderstanding and that the dealers actually don’t do a service but instead ship it off to one of the RSCs? Also, if I ship it in, where do most of you who do that get private insurance in case the package is lost or stolen?
There is no way of knowing where the watch will be serviced unless you ask. Higher quality from the RSC is in the eyes of the beholder. There are members here who would never use an RSC. There are also members who only use the RSC.

If you use the RSC you MUST use USPS Registered Mail. The RSC will not accept anything else, unless you drop the watch off in person. The Registered Mail will include more insurance than you'll need for that watch included in the shipping charge. Hope this helps.

Just wanted to add, I've used the RSC in NYC to service my wife's watch. Came back looking brand new and keeping excellent time.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 01:07 AM   #5
kirksingleton
"TRF" Member

The best place I have ever found is http://www.nesbitswatchservice.com
Ben Bridge outsources to him. Super great work and service.
They are in downtown Seattle.
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 02:12 AM   #6
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone.
Old 20 August 2018, 03:37 AM   #7
Adam K.
Banned

Watch: All the Oysters
+ 2 on Nesbit’s! Among other pieces I’ve given them, they’ve serviced a 1016 Explorer with all the proper care due a vintage piece, and my 79190 Tudor Sub, also excellently. CW 21 and all the rest, with proper Rolex training, attention to detail you demand, and a meticulously clean watchmaking laboratory/workshop area. Also, very nice people running a family-owned business. What more can you ask for in an independent?
Adam K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 03:49 AM   #8
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Ben Bridge has one of the largest service facilities in the country in the Seattle area.

Nesbit's is good too, they used to be an Omega Service Center.
Old 31 August 2019, 05:11 PM   #9
halfmacgas
"TRF" Member

Wait so does Ben bridge outsource Rolex service to Tom Nesbit or not? There appears to be some conflicting statements here

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
halfmacgas is offline   Reply With Quote