The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 July 2018, 01:40 AM   #61
CWeldon
"TRF" Member

Tudor GMT date issue

Im afraid your not alone with the date issue jumping in intervals of two days. My 3 week old Tudor GMT is gone back with the exact same issue. I though it was just me but now appears to be potential movement issue. I know it will be fixed but you would think it should have been spotted pre release to public. Still love it so hopefully it will be sorted!
CWeldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 05:37 PM   #62
tawny_ulcer
"TRF" Member

four weeks and no date issues.
tawny_ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 02:08 AM   #63
XZACM102
"TRF" Member

Ok so I bought my GMT on July 1st. Since then I wore it daily and no issues until today ! Today AM I see the date is stuck in between 2 and 3. Definitely movement issue. I wouldn't be surprised if all early movements are impacted, It just takes different amount of time to manifest.
XZACM102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 02:26 AM   #64
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZACM1001 View Post
Ok so I bought my GMT on July 1st. Since then I wore it daily and no issues until today ! Today AM I see the date is stuck in between 2 and 3. Definitely movement issue. I wouldn't be surprised if all early movements are impacted, It just takes different amount of time to manifest.
That's a bummer... sorry to hear you are having this issue as well. Hopefully there is a quick permanent fix. Either the new movement isn't ready for prime time or the people affected on this forum and others have just been unlucky.

Good Luck on the fix, the watch is a real looker
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 02:29 AM   #65
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

1 week so far and no issues but will follow up if there is one.
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 05:18 PM   #66
chuey38
Banned

Watch: 15202
So after 3 weeks at the RSC I finally got my BB GMT back yesterday!

Wasn’t able to speak to a watchmaker direct so couldn’t get a huge amount of info about what had happened and the root cause.

What they were able to say was that;

They had not been able to replicate the problem that I had experienced. (I had provided some time lapsed photos of the stuck wheel)

That said, they were aware that a number of pieces had suffered a similar problem and Tudor Geneva were aware of the issue.

As to the root cause, the only info I could get was that it was due to lubrication of the date jumper mechanism and that my date jumper or component part thereof had been replaced (had to be sourced from Switzerland) and re-lubricated before being re-cased.

Last night at least, the date tripped over fine, but I guess I will have to keep an eye on it for the next few weeks to check that it remains so.

Great to get this guy back on the wrist and as a treat, I picked up the fabric strap as well which is perfect for the ridiculously hot UK weather this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chuey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2018, 05:36 PM   #67
oldblock
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
The engineering and quality NOT the same.......therefore?????
oldblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2018, 01:31 AM   #68
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuey38 View Post

Wasn’t able to speak to a watchmaker direct so couldn’t get a huge amount of info about what had happened and the root cause.

They had not been able to replicate the problem that I had experienced. (I had provided some time lapsed photos of the stuck wheel)

That said, they were aware that a number of pieces had suffered a similar problem and Tudor Geneva were aware of the issue.

As to the root cause, the only info I could get was that it was due to lubrication of the date jumper mechanism and that my date jumper or component part thereof had been replaced (had to be sourced from Switzerland) and re-lubricated before being re-cased.

Last night at least, the date tripped over fine, but I guess I will have to keep an eye on it for the next few weeks to check that it remains so.

Great to get this guy back on the wrist and as a treat, I picked up the fabric strap as well which is perfect for the ridiculously hot UK weather this week!

Oddly, mine has been fine for over a week now, so fingers crossed it has sorted itself and whatever lubricant required has worked its way round.

Love the fabric strap. May I ask what it cost? I saw in another post 215 quid. Was it from RSC st James’

Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2018, 01:39 AM   #69
Emerald4194
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC BLNR Exp 1016
Update on mine - finally took back to AD to send to RSC for service. I tired cycling the date several times, hoping it would sort itself out, but no luck. What I noticed on mine was that it never was off center, but would jump forward 2 days. I was up later one evening and at 12:30 date had not changed. When I woke up the next morning it went from 31st to 2nd.

Spoke to AD, apparently Tudor rep has several pieces coming in with this problem, so Tudor is well aware of the issue.

Just hope it does not take too long at RSC and they get the fix right. Will update when I get it back.
Emerald4194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2018, 01:53 AM   #70
chuey38
Banned

Watch: 15202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Oddly, mine has been fine for over a week now, so fingers crossed it has sorted itself and whatever lubricant required has worked its way round.

Love the fabric strap. May I ask what it cost? I saw in another post 215 quid. Was it from RSC st James’
Fingers crossed yours is OK mate!

someone on insta did ask me if it was in fact over lubrication which i cant answer, but maybe so if they'd heard that from other sources.

Yes from RSC st james. It was 147gbp all-in.

Not cheap for a nato of course, but probably one of the best ive seen !
chuey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2018, 02:36 AM   #71
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblock View Post
The engineering and quality NOT the same.......therefore?????
Even some Rolex 16710 with the cal 3186 had the same problem till rectified by Rolex with a stronger date spring.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2018, 02:47 AM   #72
onemany
"TRF" Member

If they are fixing it by adding lubrication that feels like a band aid fix and not addressing the source of the problem.
onemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2018, 04:02 AM   #73
johneh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemany View Post
If they are fixing it by adding lubrication that feels like a band aid fix and not addressing the source of the problem.
Unless the source of the problem is not having enough lubrication...
Old 4 August 2018, 04:05 AM   #74
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

So far, 2 weeks with mine and no date issue. I hope it stays that way.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2018, 07:51 AM   #75
Rose Gold
"TRF" Member

Watch: er in the rye
Rest assured that they replicated the problem. Saying that a problem cannot be replicated is a risk mitigation tactic to avoid admitting that they have a systemic issue. For the record, automotive dealers use the same tactic in their service departments.

I am disappointed that RSC did this; I expected more from them.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuey38 View Post

Old 19 August 2018, 06:14 AM   #76
Av8rLife
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43>BLNR/LRO>CHNR
Just picked up the Tudor GMT last week.. Had it shipped to me, received it 8/14 So 4 days of Ownership.. This morning noticed the date issue.. stuck between 2 days and jumped a day.. so it should say the 18th.. but stuck between 19th and 20th.. called the AD I bought it from..and (nice guy not his fault) and I opted for a replacement when he receives one...
Hope the wait is not too long..Its my first Tudor.. have a few Rolex.... Just have to wonder with the claimed COSC cert, and in-house quality control.....Things that make you go...."HUUUUUMMMMMM"
Av8rLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 01:42 PM   #77
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Ok, finally happened here too.. :(
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 01:56 PM   #78
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
Well, a bit off topic but I sent my Tudor GMT in for being way too fast. Was ~+7 seconds / day or so. Unacceptable to me.
Some here will try to tell you that +7 is not way too fast. I certainly think it is....for a $4,000 watch. I can buy an Invicta that is 7 seconds fast. I like fine Swiss timepieces for their engineering and accuracy. If Rolexes started being +10 seconds per day, the would lose a lot of appeal.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 01:59 PM   #79
peterpl
Banned

With so many ppl experiencing issues wouldnt it make sense for Tudor to recall all the GMTs and fix them? Its a wide spread problem thats for sure.

I guess Rolex didnt do this with the DD40 because the market segment was so small they just handled individual cases when the customer complained.

Its kinda funny Tudor/Rolex both having date change issues and both on new movements when it happened? Maybe the same QC department is handling both.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 05:16 PM   #80
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Seriously, first step use jump hours function and roll forward 2/3 months. I did this on the advice of someone else and mine has been perfect for nearly a month now. I didn’t expect it to work, but it seems to have done so.

Worth a go for everyone before everyone takes their watches back to RSC.

Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 06:36 PM   #81
Watchdaytona
"TRF" Member

I have a friend who had the same issue, I was pretty disappointed as I was thinking of buying the Tudor GMT but won't now. I'll probably put the money towards a Rolex 16710 and be done with it. I have a feeling if I bought the Tudor I would still be after a 16710 or I'll wait for the BLRO to drop in price over the next few years. I see the price of the BLRO dropping to $10k in 5 years or so much like the BLNR. I could be wrong time will tell.
Watchdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 06:40 PM   #82
jezza17
"TRF" Member

Watch: DRSD
I heard it is due to over oil servicing at build up.
jezza17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 09:42 PM   #83
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

Unfortunately, one of the 2 that I bought had the problem. I bought the first one my AD received to give to my son as a gift for an upcoming milestone and it has been stored in my safe.

I liked the watch so much, I ordered one for myself. After reading about the issue with the date, I decided to wind his and keep an eye on it. Sure enough, after a few days it jumped ahead 1.5 days. I took it to my AD and they sent it in on Friday.

The one I have been wearing has not had the problem. I'm still happy I bought the watches and I'm sure the RSC will fix the issue with my son's watch.

I would not let this stop me from buying another one. Great watch.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 11:13 PM   #84
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Gold View Post
Rest assured that they replicated the problem. Saying that a problem cannot be replicated is a risk mitigation tactic to avoid admitting that they have a systemic issue. For the record, automotive dealers use the same tactic in their service departments.

I am disappointed that RSC did this; I expected more from them.

Joe
Joe/peterpl--I really wish Rolex wold step up to the plate and make some sort of statement about the date problem, having identified a solution, and that all Tudors will be fixed before any more are sold. Are they worried this would damage the brand? I would respect it more.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 11:28 PM   #85
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

It's unsettling to keep reading these posts. I wonder if the first run was affected by an assembly problem... Over and under oiling can certainly explain it. Mine is a I765XXX serial and has no date issue after a little more than two weeks of daily wear. The date change snaps into place a few minutes after midnight. It does not slowly roll into place like I've read about in some other posts. Timekeeping is more accurate than my SubC and it gains just a fraction of a second per day, remarkably.
Old 20 August 2018, 12:09 AM   #86
I_am_Ned
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP(Canada) View Post
It's unsettling to keep reading these posts. I wonder if the first run was affected by an assembly problem... Over and under oiling can certainly explain it. Mine is a I765XXX serial and has no date issue after a little more than two weeks of daily wear. The date change snaps into place a few minutes after midnight. It does not slowly roll into place like I've read about in some other posts. Timekeeping is more accurate than my SubC and it gains just a fraction of a second per day, remarkably.
Interesting. Mine came from Victoria, CA, 1766XXX serial, and no date issue after three weeks. I have a current 13 day timing run currently that I update every night when I take the watch off, and when I wake in the morning and put it on. As of this morning, my Tudor BB GMT has gained 0.2 seconds total in 13.0 days. Don’t really know what else I could want in a watch besides this one.
I_am_Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 01:23 AM   #87
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Ned View Post
Don’t really know what else I could want in a watch besides this one.
Good point.
Old 20 August 2018, 01:45 AM   #88
SG56

My husband's ran for 8 weeks until it happened.
It jumps two full days,the last three days.

My theory.. It has to do with the big hour hand.
His was set two hours behind.

It didn't switch at midnight, but at 2 am it was two days ahead.
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3

Old 20 August 2018, 02:26 AM   #89
Pacc12
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
send it to tudor get it fixed
Pacc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 02:44 AM   #90
SG56

For sure.

But it's Sunday, I just got back from a trip and I'm curious by nature. I wanna see it happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacc12 View Post
send it to tudor get it fixed
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3